Where’s My Refund? For all the people impatiently waiting.

A grapevine for taxpayers,
by taxpayers.
Ask all your tax refund questions.

The most frequently asked question we have is when will the IRS WMR update and what day are tax refund deposits. Use our calendar to find out what day you can expect to receive your tax refund.

When does IRS accept tax returns in 2021?

The IRS will begin accepting tax returns on February 12, 2021.

When Can You File Taxes in 2021?

Most tax preparers will allow you to enter and submit your tax return beginning the first week of January 2021.  You don’t need to wait for the IRS to start accepting tax returns to start, but you must have the proper forms and paperwork. Some forms are not available until mid January and some even later.  When you submit your return before the IRS begins processing, it will sit in a “queue” and be held until the date that the IRS will officially accept tax returns.  If you e-file early and it sits in queue, your return may be sent to the IRS early in a test batch. This has resulted in early direct deposits in the past, but also major glitches because they are tests after all.

2021 Refund Cycle Chart
The most recent tax refund cycle charts have already been published. The official IRS tax refund cycle chart has been eliminated and replaced with an IRS Information Guidelines for the Tax Preparation Community publication and the IRS says the best way to check the status of your refund is using the Where’s My Refund tool. However, various websites with refund calendars for the 2021 tax season (2020 tax year) have been updated with 2021 direct deposit and check mailing dates.

The refund calendar by the College Investor is a good reference which has been updated for 2021 here:  When To Expect My Tax Refund.

Join the Conversation

Search Comments

Select Year: 2021 2020 2019 2018 2017 2016 2015

What Others Are Saying

1. eric529
      Ohio
      Paypal

Good morning everyone hope all is well today

2. Ladybug

@Purdygirl: yes. Once it turns green they’ll give you a date that they rec’d your money and there will also be a date indicating the date they sent it to your bank.

3. Nicole

@Ty: I’m going through the same thing DD 2/24 on transcript one bar on WMR I filed with H&R Block and I have chime still NOTHING but chime says “up to 3 days early” …….. yeah right ‼️‼️‼️‼️‼️🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬

4. Mbry0625
      American Express Bluebird
    • Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC), Additional Child Tax Credit, Education Credit (8863), W2

@Sheila_33: it seems the deposits are hit and miss this year.

5. eric529
      Ohio
      Paypal

@Dej: can you refile they removed offsets last year around match for student loans and not offsetting them this year

6. Oh,thereyouare

@Ab: Failed to mention, the money NEVER ever has been made available same day as I get the email posted alert, because, well – CHASE.

7. Dro

@BlackCat: do you have a green circle with red on it also? That’s what mine looks like I had advance and fees through TT I can’t view transcripts so idk if that means my refund is done Base on sbtpg site

8. jD in Ms

Filed on 2/7.
    Accepted on 2/12
    Eitc, ctc, 1099-c
    Married filing joint
    Turbo Tax free edition
    USAA Bank
    In Mississippi
    Deposit hit this morning, can’t view transcripts, WMR is at one bar. I have been a weekly forever. No texts or emails. I also saw another person got their money with USAA. Previous years my deposits hit in the afternoon around 3:30 p.m.

9. RuthBaby
      Virginia
      WF

I can’t access my transcript, WMR is still on 1 bar with tt152. At this point I just don’t know. I see people who were accepted after me have received dd’s while wmr is on 1 bar. I believe I’m a weekly. Hopefully there will be a surprise dd or at least an update soon. Congrats to those who are done with the waiting game.

10. Ty

It’s becoming very frustrating I used my chime card and still don’t have anything ddd of 2/24 on transcripts sbtpg need to stop holding money until the last minute 😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡

11. Dej

I was offset last year. Student loans took my whole refund but due to Covid they gave it back. I entered a payment plan this year and they have stopped offsets! I called & it said I had 1 but it’s my offset for last year even dated for last year. Should I be worried???

12. Oh,thereyouare

@Ab: THEY are the worst. Someone made them God I guess. Now hoping they won’t flip up my EIDL. But again, Chase the God right?! Lol

13. tiffanyk

Wondering if anyone with H and R block has seen deposits yet? WMR is only at one bar but my transcripts do have an 846 for 2/24. I have an early card but no deposit yet.

@Mbry0625: As of yet, I have not. Which is odd for me. I’m hoping I see an alert today.

@GoBlue: March 8th

16. Oh,thereyouare

Filed: 2/11
    Accepted: 2/12
    I was able to start tracking on IRSGo&WMR, on 2/13. IEC, ACTC, Path, W2. The only change this yr is my business made $0 in 2020. No schedule c, self employment to report. Have never been able to check trans (they cannot recognize my loan etc). The tools don’t always update before I receive my funds, which is usually on 2/26 or 2/28 every yr. Woke this morning to check email and was happy to see “two ” email alert from Chase. One I get daily “end of day balance”, the other Alert of Refund deposit. I also have alerts to notify if my account is under a certain amount and if I receive deposit of 1k or more. FYI: I am literally in the dark every yr until I get that email as I cannot even see pending deposits. Sucks!

The money is coming folks, not soon enough I know, trust me I do. Sorry for writing a book. I will say a prayer now that everyone waiting, stressing won’t have to much longer, so that they can have peace of mind right now! ♡

17. Patiently waiting
      NFCU
    • Child Tax Credit, Additional Child Tax Credit, W2

@Mbry0625: 02/22/21

18. GoBlue
      MI
      USAA
    • Child Tax Credit, Additional Child Tax Credit, W2

@Sheila_33: What’s your as of date on account transcripts? Mine is March 1st, 2021

Return transcripts na

19. Kara

Good news for everyone that got deposits today! Again as for me nothing.
    Got accepted on 2/11,TT with advance, wmr never disappeared for me, one bar tax topic 152, transcripts n/a, sbtpg has green circle but only for advance. Here’s too hoping for good news tomorrow being a wednesday, maybe over night we will see some updates, I hope.

20. MSRazorbackPhD
      Mental or physical?
      FDIC Insured :)
    • Weekly

Morting….not many changes🙄!?

21. Mbry0625
      American Express Bluebird

@Sheila_33: hey lady! Did you get your 💰

22. Mbry0625
      American Express Bluebird

@Patiently waiting: what did you have before

23. TxGirl

Filed Feb 10
    IRS Accepted Feb 12
    Filed with Turbo Tax, EIC and child tax, paid fees upfront
    DDD 2/23
    Checked my Wells Fargo account and it’s there!
    Still at one bar on wmr

@Patiently waiting: I believe there are some returns that got processed also, but weren’t able to update and that’s why the transcripts are n/a for some. Otherwise, their self employment wouldn’t be showing on the SSA site.

25. Andi

It’s Andi. My phone broke last night so I’m updating from my daughter’s phone. Anyway, I got my refund this morning. Nothing changed on WMR. I just woke up to the deposit. I hope everyones start dropping!

26. Dsqueen

In west Texas, file Jan 18th
    IRS accepted Feb 9th
    Refund DDed Feb 22nd
    Filed with Turbo Tax, EIC and child tax credit
    Both WMR and TT state return accepted, at one bar

27. Crystal

@Frankie99: I was accepted 2/9 and have been on “still being processing” with no bars for 6 days. Still am. I got my refund 3 sags ago tho .

28. DTT
      GA
      Regions
    • Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC), Child Tax Credit, 1099, W2

“As of” date STILL 2/22, showing no 2020 return present.

29. LadyBug323

@KCROYALCHIEF: there is a circle once they’ve started the process of transferring your funds. It starts off as red with an open space indicating that your refund has not been rec’d. Once it has been rec’d it’ll turn mostly green; the red portion of the circle indicates your fees that will be deducted from your refund. If you can’t see a circle (yet) you will once they begin to receive information from the IRS regarding your refund.

30. Iloveupstatenewyork
      New York
      Netspend
    • Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC), Additional Child Tax Credit, 1099, W2
    • Weekly

I didn’t update and I don’t see anyone else updating. It’s time for them to be honest with us and just say what we already know. Their old ass systems ain’t working correctly.

@Amy19: Thank you, she’s doing much better. I don’t know if you remember how last year went, but we had a lot of people that got thrown into weekly processing after that path freeze lifted and I may be wrong, but if transcripts don’t start filling in for dailies today, we may be in the same situation as last year and there will be a major transcript update on Friday.

32. KCROYALCHIEF

What is the Circle everyone keeps taking about? It makes me think you’re crazy. There is no circle on sbtpg.

33. Nannyof3

Filed 1/15
    Accepted 2/10
    Still on one bar can’t see transcripts
    I am a pather
    I have been a weekly for years praying for something this weekend.

34. Patiently waiting
      NFCU
    • Child Tax Credit, Additional Child Tax Credit, W2

@Sheila_33:
    Only thing changed on mines was the as of date and that was Friday morning….. I’m guessing the system crashed in the middle of updating the transcripts because last week it was saying no return filed on tranny now it’s saying it’s not present 🤔🤔🤔🤔

35. Bella519

@GeorgiaPeach: I hope you get DDD info this week. I have no idea why I went so fast. I had update on transcript within 48 hours. Of course our refund is so much smaller in comparison to last year & it moved in lightning speed lol but still grateful. I’m sure there will be a huge push this week. I feel like the goal is stimulate the economy, avoid additional stimulus so move these refunds out the door quick.

36. BB

File 2/15 accepted 2/15 my transcripts was updated on 2/18 refund posted to my account late last night. WMR still sitting looking stupid 😂.

37. Rj21225

@KCROYALCHIEF: may have got recycled. I filed last Thursday and just check my transcript and have a ddd for the 26th.

@DemeJ: Hard to say, since I’m a weekly and slipped thru before the system went down. No, her offset is a federal debt from back taxes. It hasn’t even appeared on the tax account yet as being paid, so I think they cycled her thru as far as placing the credits and her income, and then it froze. Same thing that happens when you process way before the path lifts and sit with good codes and have that path freeze. Even though the path freeze lifts on the 15th, you still have to cycle thru and process to lift it from the return. And I have a feeling that’s what is going on, since the path freeze couldn’t be lifted before the server went down. Just my thoughts of what happened.

39. KCROYALCHIEF

This is BS.
    Accepted 2/12
    Still no movement this morning.
    As of 2/22 on account transcript
    N/A on return transcripts
    1 bar topic 152.
    People who were accepted later already got refunds. This is just plain insanity. Never been this bad before.
    We must be lost in the system

40. DemeJ

No update at all for me. Still has the 2/22 As Of date. 🥺

42. DemeJ
      Michigan
      Traditional-TCF BANK
    • Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC), Child Tax Credit, Schedule C
    • Weekly

@Questionss: there have been ppl here and on FB who used the look back and receiving deposits already

43. Mbry0625
      American Express Bluebird

@kait753951: same here. You’re not alone

44. kait753951

I noticed many people’s as of dates have changed over the past week, however, as of 5 minutes ago, my date is still 02/22…never changed. It is now 2/23 so THAT MOMENT HAS PASSED lol. What is going on? Should I expect the as of date to change today?
    Pather accepted 2/11
    WMR 1 bar.
    Lower 2 transcripts have 2020 but blank. Upper 2 still N/A

45. DannyWright
      Chime
    • Identity Theft

@Questionss: good question because I haven’t yet

46. Amy19
    • Additional Child Tax Credit, Schedule C, 1099, W2
    • Daily

@Sheila_33: Good morning! No update on transcripts, yes, it is frustrating! Filed 2/17, accepted 2/18, still NA on return transcript and record of account transcript, 2020 account still has as of 3/1/2021. WMR still at one bar. Last 3 years have been an 05, 04, 05, am thinking daily but could be weekly. I certainly up to see an update tomorrow. I am still praying for your daughter.

47. Patiently waiting
      NFCU
    • Child Tax Credit, Additional Child Tax Credit, W2

48. Peachy

@Ty: all I get is the automated when I dialed this number yesterday… there was no option for a live person.., can you please give me the steps

@PlayinCatchUp: The April 15th date is the last day of filing without penalty. It also is the date they calculate interest from if your refund takes longer to be processed.

50. DemeJ
      Michigan
      Traditional-TCF BANK
    • Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC), Child Tax Credit, Schedule C
    • Weekly

@Sheila_33: last year I filed 2/2 but my trans didn’t update til 2/14 and received 846 on trans 2/21 for ddd2/26 because of the whole path…. I’m thinking maybe it takes me two weeks to process through instead of one. I’ve been a weekly.

No offsets

The offset line doesn’t give your daughter a date when it tells her it took the amount for the offset?

51. Kiwi
      Maryland

Hey guys, haven’t been able to view my transcript but my deposit is pending for tomorrow. I have PNC smart access

52. Mike
      MA
      Citizens
    • Child Tax Credit, W2
    • Weekly

@GeorgiaPeach: I filed 1/19 and accepted 2/10…no credits simple return still nothing smh so mad

53. Iwantitnow

Any 2/17 filers? I’m usually an early filer. Usually use TurboTax but this year used Tax Slayer with fees up front. I also accidentally filed single instead of HOH! Last year filed 1/28 and deposit in account on 2/26. No update on my transcript and WMR at 1 bar. Congrats to all who got deposits today!❤

54. PlayinCatchUp

Lurker here, I see on my account transcript some odd dates, such as april 15th, it states EITC, and there’s another one for april 15th, Can someone explain that to me please?

@DemeJ: And that changed Tuesday and stayed there? I don’t know then. You have to cycle thru to place the future “as of” date to complete the refund action on the return. My daughter had the 2/22, then it switched to 3/1, similar to mine. On Friday, she actually cycled thru and the 3/8 was placed. Her 2018 transcript has the 3/15 date. She has a small offset from that year and I believe that as of date is there to take the offset from the refund. She has all good codes, and is just frozen without the 846. Her negative account balance is there to be refunded. I think she wasn’t able to finish processing to take the offset and lift the path freeze.

56. Bella519

Filed 2/15, accepted 2/16 EIC, CTC, Deposit hit this morning to traditional Bank. WMR still 1 bar & processing

57. Ohmekay2

I filed on Feb 12. Accepted on Feb 13. Transcripts updated last Friday to a DD for Feb 24. I have all the Path Credits
    WMR never updated past 1 bar.
    Just got my refund in my bank this morning with USAA.
    Best of luck to everyone. I hope everyone’s returns go fast. I know how it can be a nightmare with not getting it. This is the fastest I have ever gotten it. Last year didn’t get until July.

58. DemeJ
      Michigan
      Traditional-TCF BANK
    • Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC), Child Tax Credit, Schedule C
    • Weekly

@Sheila_33: no just this year has as of 3/8.

59. Flfl

Hey guys,
    Just been lurking but wanted to shared files/accepted 2/13, deposited this morning with regular bank. Fees paid upfront. I’m sure yours aren’t far behind

@KinFl: They put batch testing and open day back to back, that many returns and that many people, things are gonna get overwhelmed.

61. Mandyjo

I have always been a weekly. I still have one bar on WMR but I received my deposit at midnight last night. I have the credits as well. Good luck to everyone 😀

@DemeJ: Any of your previous years transcripts have that date?

@Frankie99: Some lose bars and later update to refund dates, quite a few of us did that when path lifted a couple of years ago. Sometimes there are issues, but most of the time I look at it as a delay message.

64. amber665
    • W2

I filed 2/11 and was accepted 2/13.
    On Friday my transcripts updated to 2/24 deposit date. WMR still has one bar. Checked my bank and my deposit is in my bank as of this morning!

Goodluck to everyone!

65. Mbry0625
      American Express Bluebird

Good morning! Guys remember we’re weeklies. I figured it wouldn’t be today for me. Friday is coming!!

66. DemeJ
      Michigan
      Traditional-TCF BANK
    • Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC), Child Tax Credit, Schedule C
    • Weekly

@Sheila_33: actually no my as of date changed last Tuesday when everyone’s was flip flopping. Mine just stayed on 3/8

67. Irving

@Peachy: I filed 2/12 and it was accepted 2/13 I just checked last night for the first time and saw that the ring was green still no deposit though