Turbotax in the news for overcharging for FREE services!!!

Home Forums General Discussion 2020 Tax Season Turbotax in the news for overcharging for FREE services!!!

• This topic has 11 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by Nina D.
  • Topic Starter
    Robbed by TT

Turbotax in the news for overcharging for FREE services!!!

There is a class action lawsuits against Turbotax .

They should be allowing people to file for free, but redirect them and make them believe they had to pay.

Anyone investigating or researching this, please tell your experience or findings.

Viewing 10 reply threads
    • Author
      Replies
        Nina D

I’ve used tt for the last 3 years and always got charged 40-60 dollars for fed and state.. Wtf.. Where do I sign up??

MsLionbay

I was contacted by a law firm about this and included in a class action suit. I switched from H&R Block years ago because of the fees. I tried Jackson Hewitt but was told I wasn’t entitled to a refund which was false I wasn’t entitled to their refund advance so I have gone back to Turbo Tax like a dummy. Turbo Tax is like av toxic relationship you know it’s not treating you right but you still keep going back. I just never learn smh

Kristy W
              @mommafrog

They sure made me feel like I needed to pay the fees in order for my taxes to be completed and submitted properly….. I felt forced to pay the fees which isn’t exactly cheap and they charged $40 just to have those fees taken from my refund. After I filed is when I found that actual FREE tax preparation is available through many, many places, especially those with low income. I won’t use TT next year.

ThePor

I filed a claim in the TT class action as I’ve used them since 06. It was online and super easy.

lawaitin

Yeah they make it harder and harder to do “free”. I’ve paid the past two years because I’ve had been using them so long, but am considering changing next year. Maybe

Perry
                    @perry

I never ran into this problem with free file. They do try to upsell but that’s any company.

TTFiler

Looking for my email because I’ve been charged 2 years in a row. I was told that my state required the fee…what?!

iLoatheTaxSeason(PATHassF)

I need a link. Maybe it will come before my taxes.

Rubensticktight_tx

This is very true….. I actually got it in my email from a law firm that I am entitled in compensation because I was charged for a service that was supposed to be free

pikachu

So now I have to file for a return for the fees from turbotax after I file my tax return? great.

RayC
                              @rayman70

ITS A SHAKEDOWN. These companies need stricter guidelines or it will keep happening.

Viewing 10 reply threads
                          • The forum ‘2020 Tax Season’ is closed to new topics and replies.