Filed By Mail (Paper Return)

Home Forums General Discussion 2018 Tax Season Filed By Mail (Paper Return)

• This topic has 14 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by Meghan.
  • Topic Starter
    mzyuknowho

Anyone Filed their return by mail and received any updates or their refund? If so when did you file and how long did it take to see a change in your status? Check or Direct Deposit

I mailed my return and it was received 2/16. On 2/28 they sent the return back because my husband and I forgot to sign it. (First time paper filing) I sent it back the same day which was 3/8 and they received it the following morning . No updates as of yet.

Viewing 13 reply threads
    • Author
      Replies
        Meghan

Hi how long did it take everyone to get a bar on WMR? My fiancé mailed his 5/3 and there still isn’t a bar but we sent it certified and it shows they received it

NCMom2
            @ncmom2

So I mailed my return on 3/1. On 3/20 WMR showed one bar and return received. On 4/2 the bar disappeared and i received the message return was being processed. On 4/6 the WMR showed
            “We cannot provide any information about your refund. Be sure to:
            verify your filing date;
            check with your tax preparer”

Anyone else run into this? Haven’t received any kind of letter to verify anything. It’s like they had it and then lost it!!

W2warrior

I finally got the first bar on WMR today

Lboogie720

Mailed taxes 2/7, received a letter 3/16. Faxed necessary paperwork 3/19. No change yet on wmr

mzyuknowho

Congrats Katie! I was still at 1 bar this morning.. it’s better than nothing lol

Katiebug

Mailed mine for the 2nd time. It was received on the 19th. Showed received on the 20th and woke up this morning to approved and DDD 28th! It was much faster than I anticipated!

mzyuknowho

I updated to received on 3/22 ! Fingers crossed that things go smoothly from here

NCMom2

I mailed my paper return on 3/1/18. I received a bar for “return received” on 3/20/18. Hoping within the next week I see the update to approved and sent!!!

Katiebug

Well, my 2nd mailed in return was received yesterday morning. I woke up to wmr bars at received. I’m just glad they got it at this point. Hopefully smooth sailing from here!

Meh

I had to paper file for first time as someone has used one of my kids socials..not my ex- I sent it registered mail, was received 3/5. I got bars today. Just about 2 weeks, hopefully smooth from here.

mzyuknowho

Ughhh that’s crazy ! Well good luck and keep me posted please

Katiebug

They received mine on 2/15. I called yesterday and nothing was coming up on mine or my husband’s ssn. She said if nothing changes in the next week, I may need to resend it 😲😒😭. I just went ahead and mailed it back out yesterday. I don’t have time for them to maybe find it one day. This is so infuriating!

mzyuknowho

@katiebug I agree and I hope to never have to file this way again . have been checking daily and nothing. I had to send mines twice so which day were you referring to? Feb or Mar? Keep me updated if you get an update please and thanks for replying

Katiebug

Mine was received a day before yours. I haven’t heard anything, haven’t received anything, and wmr is still saying no information available. I was told by an irs representative that if wmr doesn’t update by next Monday to call back then. This wait is awful!

Viewing 13 reply threads
                                • The forum ‘2018 Tax Season’ is closed to new topics and replies.