CA refunds yet?

Home Forums General Discussion 2020 Tax Season CA refunds yet?

• Topic Starter
    Joe cool

I normally get my state refund pretty quick but it seems as if California is lagging this year. My federal refund has been accepted but state not yet and I filed on 1/13. Anyone else from CA got a refund yet?

Viewing 49 reply threads
    • Author
      Replies
        Admin
        IGMR Admin
          @igmr-admin

Please check in the CA State Refund Tax Forum here:

https://igotmyrefund.com/forums/topic/california/

Happy Refunding!

Adam

I recieved my state on my turbo tax card this morning.

Kairybird

Filed fed and ca state 1/30 accepted 1/31
              My state says deposited 02/06 so I’m sure I’ll receive it some time tues or wed next week. I’m a pather so I’m sure I’ll receive my federal after the 15. Going back the last 4 years I’ve received my federal on a Thursday. This year seems to be going smoother than last year.

Roxanne

I got my DD this morning!! I am with a credit union…
                Sent 1/31
                Processed 2/1
                Refund Issued 2/4
                Received 2/7

Now to wait for the FEDS…I am a PATH so I have at least another month :(

Deb

Congrats to you guys, still nothing for me. No DD or issue date. I had a schedule C maybe that it’s holding things up.

Adam

CA state:
                    Filed 1/30 (delayed form)
                    Accepted 1/30
                    Refund issued 2/7, waiting to hit bank.

Filed head of house, 1 child, eic.

Princess

State refund issued 2/3 & received In my Wells Fargo account today 2/7

Dominique

DD received!

ThatGuy

@Deb
                          Yeah it says it was issued yesterday and to give it up to 10 business days to actually going on to my card but I won’t see a penny of it as I owe 1085 for the emerald advance in December and 1250 for the refund advance a weekish ago. So they’re going to take my whole state and then the last couple hundred from my federal.

Deb

So you already received your state DD @thatguy? I was accepted on 1/30 and nothing yet, message still says processing. Maybe I’ll get it tomorrow.

ThatGuy

Filed both 1/31
                              Fed accepted 1/31
                              State accepted 2/1

My Ca was issued as of yesterday. It’s going straight to h&r block so now I’m just waiting for that fed to come through!! Damn path act waiting party over here haha. Still bbn o path act message though just the general 21 days blah blah blah tax topic 152.

Dominique

CA Staus:
                                Accepted 1/30
                                Issued 2/4

I have Chime and I’m still waiting for CA to deposit into my account.

IRS WMR still says topic 152.

Anyone have a refund issued from CA on 2/4/2020 with a DD yet?

Kim

Filed 1/31
                                  Accepted 1/31
                                  Issued/Authorized 1/31
                                  DD into Bank of America account 2/6

Joana

I filed on 1/28
                                    Accept on 1/28
                                    Both state and federal pending with topic 152. Claiming both EIC and ACTC. No updates which frustrates me. I get we need to wait but how is it many are posting that they already got approved if from my understanding everything is on hold until late February?

Nervousmama

Just found out mine was rejected due to some net number being over the limit and also found out I have an offset. Not sure how this happened but this year I used credit karma instead of my normal tax act to save some money and it was a mistake.

Deb

Does anyone know if the refunds are only sent once a week? You’d think they would just process as they were received.

Tasha Kress

Yes I filed on Jan 18 accepted on January 21. State was approved on January 28 and received it on January 31

Princess

I bank with Wells Fargo as well & have a issued date for 2/3. I thought I would have the deposit by now but I have not received it in my account yet. I will keep you guys posted.

Lupia

I got my refund authorized Jan 28 but I have not got the dd??? I have Wells Fargo has anybody got a dd With same authorizes date? And do they only direct deposit at a certain house or day?

Boboli

Filed 1/30 just received my cal refund !still one bar for federal return
                                                Good luck all

STANO

I got my refund issue date today 2/5 at about 2am. But nothing in my account for state yet. Filed with TT on 1/30. Im probably a weekly update as my previous tax codes on my transcript end with 05. SIgned up for the turbo card got my advance and had no issues transferring it to the cashapp with the temporary number.

Charles

If you were accepted on 1/30 you still need to wait a bit. California can take up to 10 business days to deliver a DD

Deb

Anyone accepted 1/30 get a DD yet? Or change in status?

Roxanne

I filed on 1/31, CA accepted my return within minutes, and I received the 2nd bar on their refund site within one day. I had to call this morning as my “refund could no longer be found,” due to offset, which I knew about…..BUT…. I am so mad!! I knew that I was going to have an offset with the Feds due to a 2019 tax debt (that I was also paying off with a garnishment mind you). So, what did CA tell me this morning? Not only did they offset my CA return, BUT they “don’t have enough time” to send my employer a letter to tell them that the debt has been paid in full, so they will take ANOTHER garnishment payment this month, and will send me a refund check within 120 days!!! Oh, it gets better, on top of that, they will also be taking the tax debt from my FEDERAL return, since “it is too late to send them a notice too.” I will see that refund check, in 90 days…so now CA is being paid my 2018 tax debit THREE times for now, and I won’t even see any credit until this Spring!! I can’t even begin to process this…
                                                        *oh, but the good news is that I will see the remainder of my CA refund by the end of the week…well yippee!!

Cali Gurl

My California State refund was deposited in my account this morning. I filed back on 1/18. Still waiting on my federal refund.

Princess

I filed 1/26
                                                            Received 2/1
                                                            Issued 2/3

Now I’m just waiting for it to git my bank account. From looking at other post it looks as if the turn around time is 3 days so I’m hoping to see it later this week.

IAmDee1

I filed 1/29 and woke up to my CA refund in my bank acct. I still don’t even have a due date for my federal.

Joe cool

So my return shows issued on 1/29 and still nothing in my account I know others who had it issued 1/28 and got it with in 2 days what is going on!?!?

Tansey Ackison

Some of the paperwork wasn’t available to file until the 30th. Maybe you should check to make sure everything was filed. Mine got accepted on the 30th just a couple hours after I filed.

Lilmamiie

Type in wheres my state refund

Blesses-one

Type in ca refund status on your search bar

Em

@jasmine

What website did you use to check your ca refund status ?

• #4336879
                                                                        Jasmine

I filed on the 29th and it was authorized and approved on the 30th! It says 10 business days. Anyone know when I should expect it? Does it take the full 10 days?

• #4336870
                                                                          Blesses-one

Filed- 1/31
                                                                            Received-2/1
                                                                            Today I checked 3:24p (California time) – Now Processing

Hope this helps

• #4336840
                                                                            Princess

Update, I checked the California state refund site & it shows that it was received as of 2/1.

• #4336519
                                                                              Princess

I filed with CK this year & my CA refund still doesn’t show as accepted. I usually always get my CA refund the first week of Feb so this has me a bit confused. Hoping to see a update soon

• #4336454
                                                                                LibraMama

Submitted CA taxes 1/30 because forms were unavailable
                                                                                  Accepted same day
                                                                                  2/1 says it’s being processed

Hoping to get this refund soon.

• #4336447
                                                                                  Patrice

My CA State was accepted this morning. I filed 01/29.

• #4336177
                                                                                    Yeahyeah

Took a few days to get accepted but refund has now been processed. I fileed on ftb website every year. It’s free, and I can see progress directly from my account. If it was received, processed, issued, or intercepted, received a notice was sent out, you can see all of that from logging into your account. Go to franchise tax board.gov

• #4335707
                                                                                      Joana Cazares

Filed 1/27
                                                                                        Accept 1/28

No updates per both Federal and state

Still waiting for refund date

Did get an advanced through TurboTax!! What a joke

• #4335555
                                                                                        Kris
                                                                                          @eagle5000

Filed: 1/27
                                                                                          Received:1/27
                                                                                          Processing:1/28
                                                                                          Issued:1/29
                                                                                          We authorized your refund on Wednesday, January 29, 2020.
                                                                                          Please allow 10 business days to receive your refund by direct deposit, or 25 business days to receive your refund by check.
                                                                                          I Did DD i’ll update when Deposited in Bank.

• #4335544
                                                                                          Eva
                                                                                            @eroro

[quote quote=4334876]Mine was accepted on 1-28 per my tax professional but When I check the website it shows nothing[/quote]

Same here! Accepted on the 28th, but says no record as of 10PM PST. I am a little concerned but I’ll check in the morning. If it still says there’s no record tomorrow I’m going to call.

• #4335520
                                                                                            PP

Filed 1/24
                                                                                              Accepted 1/28
                                                                                              Status “processing” 1/30

• #4335175
                                                                                              Bnlav
                                                                                                @bnlav

Filed today 1/30 and accepted less than 30 minutes later. No DD as of yet will check after 24 hours.

• #4334894
                                                                                                Erika

Filed 1/21
                                                                                                  Accepted 1/23
                                                                                                  DD 1/28
                                                                                                  However I don’t have it in my bank account. Filed with turbotax. Last year I got it exactly 5 days from my accepted date. This year idk

• #4334876
                                                                                                  Joe cool

Mine was accepted on 1-28 per my tax professional but When I check the website it shows nothing

• #4334591
                                                                                                    Deeva

Filed 1/24
                                                                                                      Accepted 1/27
                                                                                                      Issued 1/28

no DD as of yet

• #4333048
                                                                                                      Adam

California has delayed paperwork that needs to be filed before it can actually be sent to its for certain claims. One form for CA will not be available until 1/30.

• #4332663
                                                                                                        Charles

I filed two days ago with HR. Today my federal was accepted but not CA.

• #4332654
                                                                                                          Lilstef

Who did you file with

Viewing 49 reply threads
                                                                                                        • The topic ‘CA refunds yet?’ is closed to new replies.