Amended return with a tax advisory

Home Forums General Discussion 2018 Tax Season Amended return with a tax advisory

• Topic Starter
    Lady

What are ppl wait time I faxed over my return to my ta on March 21 and I got one bar back on Thursday wondering how long is this taken for ppl

Viewing 7 reply threads
    • Author
      Replies
        Rachel
          @rfl03

@jawana I think they are all blowing smoke up our a–‘s

JAWANA
            @waneeboo

i amended my taxes on the 21st of march. TA sent me a letter to have that paperwork faxed to her by then and she would give me a call on the 28th of march. She called me and stated that it would take 3-4 weeks for my refund because IRS is backed up and everybody has a hardship right now. Spoke with TA supervisor on the 3rd of April and she stated my TA emailed my amended return to the IRS and requested my funds by the 16th of April. I called IRS the 9th of April and they stated they dont receive paperwork in emails from TA and they didnt receive my return yet. I didnt mail my return to the IRS, does anyone know what i should do from here?

Latoya Mack

Filed 1/26
              Requested a ta feb 27th
              Didnt get a letter until march 9th dated march 5th
              Ta called me on march 6th told me to amend
              Faxed amendment 13th
              Hold released on
              I had an offset due to past taxes
              Transcript updated today with a ddd of april 6th.

In my opinion if i hadnt requested a ta i dont think i would have ever gotten a letter or known what the hold was for. Btw i had to admend due to filing with my last paystub and it not matching my w2

Dawn

@Rachel
                My TA asked the irs to expedite my amendment, and that seem to work. I asked for a hardship but she insisted it would be the same amount of time. So maybe ask TA to expedite it.

Rachel

@dawn I finally talked to her today and she told me what ever unit of the IRS the amended returns start their process in, is so far behind that it could take 2 months before we even get a response. WTF

Dawn

I amended bc I filed with my last paystub too. Which was a total mistake because it was totally off like 2000. I received tuition reimbursement and it wasnt seperated on my paystub. But hang in there.

Rachel

@Dawn why did you amend? I am amending because I filed with my last paystub and it was not the same as my W2. I file 1/22 and been in review ever since. Finally spoke to a TA 3 weeks ago who said she would submit but I have yet to hear back from her on the status of it now.

Dawn

Hey I amended with my TA on 3/13 and finally got a ddd 4/4. Wmr updated 3/30. Hope that helps, hang in there.

Viewing 7 reply threads
                    • The forum ‘2018 Tax Season’ is closed to new topics and replies.