Join Live Discussion

60 day review

Home » Forums » General Discussion » 2020 Tax Season » 60 day review

• Topic Starter
    Kasaroo

Just found out this morning, I have a 60 day review that started on 2/20. IRS lady couldn’t tell me why it was under review, but that there was no action needed from me at this time.
    Anyone have past experience or info on reviews???
    I hope it doesn’t take the full 60 days, but I expect it will.

Viewing 75 replies - 2,326 through 2,400 (of 4,243 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Jennifer

No update for me :( I really think I’ve been out at the end of the stack 😢

BigBrentDaddy

Just check my TS again … Still nothing … 0905 cycle code filed and accepted 2/8 letter dated 2/28 processing date of 3/16 and I’m still processing …

jc

@Gofigure @carrie you guys should def see something this week i saw your time frame and it looks about right on to what mine was !!!

Dave

Yeah screens good news will just piss you off no update here I all most smashed my phone beyond loaded off

Seven
    @se7en

@GoFigure @Carrie I sent my stubs in this past Tuesday and requested her an advocate the week before. I did it a different route though I called the local office and left a voicemail cause they did not answer. Then she told me originally it would be thirty more days before I would update

Alisha

I’m on a 60 day review and still nothen but shows processing it’s getting annoying that there taken this long when I could use being ik.not able to work right now

jc

im sorry what was i thinking phone buttons i should have said key pad lol !!!😂😂😂

jc

yes i know its tough even to get through to one but keep pounding the phone buttons till ur fingers bleed to get a TA its better to have than have not !! good luck !!!

GoFigure

@Seven
    Congratulations!! U knew yesterday your was coming, and u even received an earlier date on WMR! 🎉. Curious when u got a TA and sent ur info. … I just sent mine last week, and I believe @Carrie did the same. Just trying to get a timeframe, not that anything is within rhyme or reason these days but it’ll give me something to write down on my scribble pad, besides the usual NOTHING and unhappy faces. lol

Seven
    @se7en

My biggest suggestion is get a tax advocate! I waited and waited hoping I wouldn’t need one but nahh they play too much. Tell them you’re in hardship and you need your $$$! Wmr=where’s my refund

Momof4

No update for me. Accepted on 1/31, still waiting. So tired and pissed😫😥

Redd

No update for me smh

Monica R
    @monica92908

What is a WMR? Where are these bars everyone’s taking about? Nothing has updated on my transcript since March 9! Any suggestions? Please?!

jc

mine was an 05 cycle and it went to daily !!!

Seven
    @se7en

Guys it DEFINITELY updates on sundays cause remember I told y’all yesterday wmr wasn’t updated just my phone for the date of April 20th. This am I woke up and it says on wmr ddd April 2nd!!

jc

congratts to all that got triple D’s I’m seeing ddd’s every day you will all be done by the 15th watch it it’s coming !!!

Carrie
    @cadkins85

@se7en thanks for the info. I’ll wait and try all this stuff tomorrow since today is Sunday. I didn’t know you could do that.

JACC

This is what i think that once we get are stimulus check we wont be getting our refund until june or july and that is because the department of the Treasury will be broke

5Piece

@ Jennifer

We can’t contact them…so what else are they going to do, it’s the least they could do!!! I see they have Ddd for the 2nd which was a recently new date. We knew the 1st. So that’s a good look on the bright side to use things moving forward a little faster. I been approved since the 1/27. Under review since 2/19. Same process every year just filed earlier than usual this yr. Never again…

JACC

Jordan it does gets updated on sundays. Yesterday(saturday) i stated to check your wmr on sundays because it updates so i believe mat

Nathalie01

Everyone check your statues !!!!! I filed on 01/23 got a 60 letter review on 02/09 just got my taxes approved for April 2!!!!!

Vee

Jordan
    Lmao

Jordan

@Mat

You clown the irs doesn’t even update on Sunday.. People be on here lying for no reason

Mat

Mine got approved 😁😁😁 hope yall will to. i filed feb 2 got letter for 60 days march 16th and got approved with deposit date today so it updates sunday mornings to i guess

Jennifer

@5piece

Not really convinced by that !! They just need to release our refunds !

Jennifer

Most of us will probably get our tax return after the stimulus money comes

5Piece
    keiharts

@gofigure thank you I thought I was tripping lol it was telling me the same thing. I’m like come on now o know I dialed the correct number and all and was getting a different response

jc

GoFigure as much as it sucks we need someone like you to keep the healing power of laughter !!!

jc

@GoFigure 😂😂😂 ur killin me !!!

5Piece

Also they made it clear the all contact with IRS agents will become slim to none but they still will be processing taxes with less contact as possible if none at all. My assumption is that gives them the chance to process everyone’s return faster with no distractions. Process everyone’s return as is and iron out the kinks later…It’s coming trust and believe y’all…its coming!!!

5Piece

And my comprehension to the passage I posted is if you owe you don’t have to pay until July 15 or even receive an extension. They went on about suspending examinations. Meaning us randomly selected in review should get our funds released and also have a due date July 15 to submit documents if asked to submit them and if it’s a balance it’ll be applied to next years return. Long as they don’t suspect fruad funds should be released.

5Piece

@ Shuan I have the same letter. Dated 2/19. From my research its nothing we need to do it’s on their side. It’s for income & tax credits verification. I’ve filed same yr after yr and this is a 1st for me but what I did do different is file earlier than usual because ohso needed!!! Lol

Jennifer

I’m just waiting until 4:20 !! This has took way to much of my energy and too much extra stress !!

GoFigure

Technical difficulties now it says
    I like this, gives me something different to do. Lol

GoFigure

When I called the number, it told me to select a pin number after putting in the caller ID code from my letter. Then it rattled off amounts and credits and refund amount and that was pretty much it. I called again and I entered my social and it stopped there and said offices were closed. Didn’t let me get any further. Maybe it’s updating?? I’ll try again tomorrow, just wanted to see if the amounts were correct because I didn’t have my paperwork in front of me from my return to compare.

GoFigure

keiharts

@GoFigure what number did you call I have a cp05 letter also.

GoFigure

@AC
    I am not sure. Mine asked for 6 digit number ..but when u put in your social maybe they’ll ask you for that number u have. I have a CP05 letter. 🤷‍♀️

JACC

There should be some new updates tomorrow at WMR

Bianca

Also what’s the number ppl are calling for automated?

Bianca

What does cycle 20200805 mean and it’s under review also. Thanks

AC :

@Gofigure

My notice doesn’t have my ID number
    On my notice it says
    In reply refer to: 1485011111
    The date of the LTR 4464C
    201912 30
    And 00025364

“Would the In reply refer to: “
    Be the number they’re asking for?

keiharts

@se7en oh no don’t be sorry just I been waiting for months and any insight from someone else I give it try and appreciate it So thank you so much for sharing this method on here. Glad some that tried it got thru.

Seven
    @se7en

Keliharts I’m not sure I even explained it correctly honestly 🤦🏽‍♀️ I call every day so it changed after the first time when I had to set up a pin and what not . I’m sorry I really don’t how to get you there

keiharts

Thank you @Ozzy

Ozzy

@keiharts i believe it’s option 5 after that

keiharts

I may just be doing something totally wrong.

keiharts

Press 1 english
    Press 1 for about a notice I received
    Then ask me to enter my social
    Then gives me 6 options …

Seven
    @se7en

Ozzy if it list off your credits as of date 4/15 that’s normal but doesn’t mean refund date. It will literally say “on April blahblah (nine said 20th) a refund in the amount of blah blah was issued” then it will say at the end “for the tax year 2020 you have a credit balance of $0” that’s what you want to hear! If it just stops at 4/15 Without mentioning the word refund then no refund date quite yet

keiharts

Unsure why my options are different when I tried calling. @Se7en I followed your steps and I don’t get the same response

Ozzy

@se7en i just called and got a 4/15 date. Is this really out DDD? It sounds too good to be true

Seven
    @se7en

And you all are so welcome ! Glad I could actually help I been following the forum forever not saying much but hopefully this is the faster way to get updates to yall (yes I’m from Arkansas excuse my lingo) lol

Seven
    @se7en

Yes the caller ID is what I meant when I said the pin on the notice. Y’all keep checking it everyday cause my wmr never updated but the phone did this am. You want it to say “for the 2020 tax year your account balance is 0$” if it still says you have credits then I don’t think they have issued a refund date yet

Johnny Stewart
    @johnny

So I called that number and entered my information it said to be credited on 4/15 is this the ddd? Have been waiting since 1/27

Jeremy

@gofigure

Well the TA will get it done soon. Yeah it went from worrying about taxes to now this covid19 mess. I’m not sure wish is worse lol. Hoping it gets better soon though.

GoFigure

Jeremy!!!!!! Nope, I’m still waiting. It’ll be awhile, just faxed stuff to TA this past week. Thank u so much for checking in on me!! I hope u and your family are doing well. 🤗

Jeremy

@gofigure
    @pinkpanther

Did either of yall update this morning?

GoFigure

@AC
    My notice has an area in top right hand corner.
    Says “Your Caller I’d Number” right under the To Contact Us number. The Caller ID number is the number the automated system is asking for.

GoFigure

Thank you SEVEN
    I called it, it rattled off my info and credits…it didn’t give me a date. I’ll check again next week. Maybe Tuesday evening. Thank you so much for this new information SEVEN!! This is the first I’ve ever heard of this option in years being on here. Good lookin’ out!! 🤗

AC :

@Se7en where do you find the pin on the notice? The automated system is asking for a 6 digit number on the notice but I’m not seeing a 6 digit number

TripleA3
    @triplea3

@Se7ven

Okay, ok I see it now I might have missed it, thanks.

Seven
    @se7en

@TripleA3
    I think I might have just post what you were asking yes it will tell you over the phone it just won’t say the codes but it’ll give you dates. And sorry I blew everyone’s feed up

Seven
    @se7en

If you *play with it a bit … sorry typo

Seven
    @se7en

If that makes sense. I’m not sure exactly what you select if you haven’t received a notice but I’m sure if you okay with it a bit you can find it. Sorry if anyone else can help her please comment ! Or maybe google it and hopefully there will be a step by step. I have checked it every day for two months so now I just click when I call and I don’t listen anymore but you don’t have to go through as many steps after you create the pin the first time. Here’s the number 18008290922

Seven
    @se7en

After that it’ll have you enter your social and create a new PIN number. Then I clicked option 5 which I can’t remember what it says but I know you hit 5 then it will ask you to click option 1 or 2. I picked option 2 for “detailed account description “ or something along those lines and it begins to read off your credits and a refund issue date if you have one.

Seven
    @se7en

Okay so I got the cp05 notice and there was a PIN number on the top right of it. When you call the regular irs line I pressed 1 for English then 1 for “recieved notice” then I’m pretty sure I hit 3 for “other options “ and it ask you for that pin on the letter you recieved.

Seven
    @se7en

Carrie and GoFigure I’m tryin to submit a response to you but it won’t let me cause it’s so long hang on I’ll try splitting it up . Thanks Jc!! Hope you’re right 🤞🏽

GoFigure

@Seven
    Where u do that at? (My old Louisiana talk..lol)
    Carrie….u heard about this phone transcript thing???? Tell me more!!!!! 👂I’m listenin’

jc

I have never heard of ts by phone unless maybe its an impaired or disabled line 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

JACC

On Sundays theres a few updates across the nation for WMR so good luck hopefully someone in this boat gets updated for a DDD on 4-3-20

TripleA3
    @triplea3

Cycle 0905

Filed 2/6
    2/22 Went to “still being processed date will be provided when available” tax topic 152
    Called IRS 3/4 was told I randomly selected 45 day review wage verification and credits
    Expect refund by 4-18
    Received 60 day review 3/23 with notice date 3/23 nothing I needed to do.
    Checked wmr today “ nothing ”
    Still waiting……..

Do anyone know if the caller Id code on the notice will give me my transcript info over the phone???

Vee

JACC, JC
    Thank you for the positive vibes! Ok, I will check in a few days!

Jennifer

How do you check a phone transcript ? The TA I spoke with said I should have my refund on 4/20 also if not before then

jc

I feel this board is gonna light up this week !!!!

Viewing 75 replies - 2,326 through 2,400 (of 4,243 total)
  • The forum ‘2020 Tax Season’ is closed to new topics and replies.