Join Live Discussion

60 day review

Home » Forums » General Discussion » 2020 Tax Season » 60 day review

• Topic Starter
    Kasaroo

Just found out this morning, I have a 60 day review that started on 2/20. IRS lady couldn’t tell me why it was under review, but that there was no action needed from me at this time.
    Anyone have past experience or info on reviews???
    I hope it doesn’t take the full 60 days, but I expect it will.

Viewing 75 replies - 2,176 through 2,250 (of 4,243 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    jc

ok I see you did !! 👍👍👍 get that in mail and we will help you out

jc

@Brittany make sure you ordered the account TS !!!

ProudFatherOF1

@brittany45 you’ll be looking for codes 571 released followed by 846 refund issued

jc

@vee You are welcome !! praying you dont even need ts 🙏🙏🙏

Brittany
    @brittany45

I file 2/18
    It was accepted 2/18
    I never received a letter!
    I called on 3/10 they said everything was okay
    I called again on 3/13 said I was under 45 day review starting 3/30
    I ordered my account transcripts by mail so I’m just waiting. I just want my money. Can someone tell me how to read this tax transcript when it gets here what exaclty am I looking for.

5Piece

Same here…the problem is we filed too early and our income wasn’t verified as of yet from employers. They have until the 30th to submit W2 to both parties. If you went off last pay stub and it wasn’t documented on the right form it raised a flag. Also most fruad returns are filed early so that’s where the random select comes from. I normally file sometime in Feb. Never had this problem.

Ryan

@ Dartravens
    I filed the same day you did , got the letter with the same day you did. I called them about 3 weeks ago and they told me the same thing they don’t need nothing from me I just got to wait. I asked why did I get or how I got pick for this review and she said they just pick random people for this review. The most dumbest thing ever

Dartravens

Filed 27accepted 29jan. Letter 60 day review dated 2/18 now 3/30 no return deposit date spoke with rep on 3/18 said th y needed nothing no further letters received .. so confused they want nothing but won’t let me know what they need :(

Vee

Thicks
    Amen..

thicks
    @thicks

@Vee, may the Lord-Who-Provides bless you with continuing prosperity in every way, including financially. In Jesus’s name.

Vee

Thicks
    Im waiting for my ts to come in the mail this week. Hopefully I get an update before then.

Vee

Well explained @thicks thank you so much

ProudFatherOF1

I been a weekly for years smh. I think weekly is going to be graved into my tombstone

thicks
    @thicks

Thinking about it, “daily” is a misnomer. They’re ALL processed on a particular day of the week. If you know your cycle code, you know which day of the week your return is processed. One day later your transcript will update, and then second day following WMR will update.

The only thing I can think of to make “daily” truly make sense is that if you don’t know your cycle code and don’t know for sure that you’re “weekly” — like if you claimed credits regulated by PATH (they’re all “05,” I believe) — then you could see WMR update any day of the week. But if you know you’re “weekly,” then you are wasting your time to check WMR any day other than Saturday. But even if you’re “daily,” your WMR will only update two days after processing: 01 on Sunday, 02 Wednesday, 03 Thursday, 04 Friday, and 05 Saturday.

Vee

@Thicks @JC
    Thank you, I really appreciate it.

jc

@thicks you beat me to it and you explained it allot better than me 👍👍👍

jc

@Vee from what I gathered here in the forum is that if your cycle ends in 05 than normally you would be weekly but with the rush to get everyone done it could be daily to !!!

thicks
    @thicks

Vee, to determine if you’re weekly or daily, you have to look at your cycle code on your account transcript for this year. If it ends with “05,” while you could be on a daily update cycle, you’re more likely on a weekly one. If it ends with “01,” “02,” “03,” or “04,” then your account is processed “daily” — on Friday, Monday, Tuesday, or Wednesday, respectively. The “05” returns are processed on Thursdays.

Vee

Can any one please tell me how do I find out if im a weekly or daily?

jc

but then again people have diff situations mine was just a wage verification

jc

@PFO1 thats what my TA told me Texas or KC she seemed to know what she was talking about it only took me a week

JACC

To JC 👌

Pissedviv
    @patientviv41

@lovelygrl The IRS is not closed. That’s false info. I’m just trying to obtain a number where I will be able to get in contact with a live person. There has been several ppl that has got ahold of someone at the IRS.

ProudFatherOF1

Is Texas faster or sumthin?

jc

@Sarahbeth90 It depends where your TA sent it some places are faster than others hang in there it will be soon for all !!! mine went to Texas !!!

Sarahbeth90

@jc

It’s been a week ago today that I sent all the info to Mmy TA and still nothing on this end

jc

@jacc that comment i made to redd was not to insult you by all means it was said because you know your shit about this stuff !!!!

Jennifer

@carrie

A TA told me 4/20 also 🤞🏻🤞🏻

Redd

I really hope I see a update cause we need da money

Vee

How do you know if you are weekly or daily?

GoFigure

@Carrie
    It was a 4-20 date but she got a DDD of this week eventually. Something good has gotta happen!! 🤗🙏🤞

JACC

Thicks my apoloies to you

Carrie
    @cadkins85

@Gofigure…yeah the lady I spoke to today said I should see it by 4/20 if not before..and I swear I read on here someone else had been given that date too. I figure you’ll see movement first and then I’ll follow a week after.

thicks
    @thicks

@JACC, it was JC, not me, who called you the forum guru. I do respect your insight, though.

I hope I haven’t posted anything that comes off as being snide. And I don’t interpret JC’s comment as being snide, either.

JACC

Thicks Im not the forum guru its just that 2 yrs ago I got approved on a tuesday and got my DDD on a Saturday. Last year I got approved on a sunday for a DDD on a friday thicks.

GoFigure

Carrie…I have a feeling me and u are gonna get some good news. My gut says a couple more weeks (only because I’m getting used to disappointments lately)…but something is telling me something goods gonna happen 🤪

GoFigure

@Carrie
    I faxed it Monday, and called him Tuesday. He said he was getting out of the case he was working in and looked and saw my info..so, he opened it Tuesday when I called (the email). He read over each page and recited what he was reading (so I knew he was really looking at it I guess) and he ended saying he was sending it all over to Ogden, UT process center within the hour. That’s all I know. 😟

Jennifer

Still no update for me :(

Britt

I called the 1800 number on my notice. Had to create a pin then they gave me all that info. I’m not to thrilled about it tho. I won’t believe it until the 15th arrives and my money is there.

thicks
    @thicks

@Josie, those are the same dates everyone gets. It’s how the IRS accounts things. They have nothing to do with when you’ll get your refund, whether sooner or later. The only relevant date is the one behind TC 846, if you have it.

thicks
    @thicks

So if I filed on 2/18 and got letter 3/19 does anyone know what cycle code that is? I know I’m weekly because I never update until Saturday

If you want to find out your cycle code, you have to look at your TS. I don’t think there’s any way to flesh out your cycle code according to circumstances. Also, being processed on a certain day doesn’t guarantee you will get your refund the same day as others processed on the same day.

thicks
    @thicks

If you change from processing to still processing on a Wednesday does that mean your daily…

Kroner86, no, it doesn’t.

thicks
    @thicks

@Jake, that’s not true. Stop fear-mongering! The IRS is still accepting and processing returns and issuing refunds.

https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/irs-operations-during-covid-19-mission-critical-functions-continue

Josie

I am currently under a 60 day review and I called the automated IRS number and heard my tax account summary after entering all of my identifying questions. It stated that I received a deposit of $xxx on April 15th. Is this a generic date until my review is done or has these dates been accurate for others?

Cb

I called tax payer advocate and no answer left alot of messages no return call my letter dated 2-13 so im pretty sure mine will go past the 60 days when i ordered transcript in mail still being looked at

Momof4

@ Noey
    What number did you call to speak to TA? I filed and was approved 1/31. Got a 60 letter on 3/19. None thing change from my previous years of filing. Really need to speak.to someone.

Noey

Just got off the phone with TA, basically he said “mam, 60 day review is a stall to see if your case will resolve on its own by your employer submitting a corrected W2” he stated the irs would have issued another 60 day letter if i would have never contacted a TA for the issue. All they needed was my last paystub to verify and i should receive my refund in 3 weeks ( ETA standard or sooner) . My problem was that my last employer didnt fill out box 1 on the w2.

ProudFatherOF1

@Shaun Smh it’s beyond ridiculous all the requirements they asking for at this time of crisis and then they not in office nor ppl can get the help they need. I heard they not even returning back to office until April 8th

Kroner86

If you change from processing to still processing on a Wednesday does that mean your daily…

Shaun

So if I filed on 2/18 and got letter 3/19 does anyone know what cycle code that is? I know I’m weekly because I never update until Saturday

Shaun

I’d be stoked for I’d verify, but since I had birth certificates and social security cards that was ok?? But having w-2 was not ok ? Review for what? Last year had to fax paycheck stubs but told nothing about why, again is it the same POS company? I bet they are quick to file for stimulus package for them..

ProudFatherOF1

Yeah I got my 5071C letter on 3/16 IDV passed went from “still” to “being” 3/18. I’m a weekly update so I only update on saturdays but I’m keeping hope alive that we’ll see sumthin soon this week

Shaun

Looks like my letter dated for 3/19 puts me way behind everyone else. I called local tax advocate and left message who knows if I’ll even get a call back? Crazy, I’m sick of reviews and for what? O they going to just let this letter slide? More than likely once my 60 days are up they will

Shaun

Last year I got cp05 letter then about the time that one was over I got another cp05 letter got a tax advocate faxed paycheck stubs and got refund end of June. This year I filed on 2/18 got 4464c letter dated for 3/19. But this 4464 letter looks alot less professional than the cp05 letter with bar code on top and info right top corner.

Jake

This is very doubtful. The IRS has evacuated all live work sites. They have some people working from home but I doubt they can authorize refunds currently. They are most likely waiting to see how many of us die so they can save some money.

jc

@red he is the forum gurue !!!!

jc

@jacc @carrie 👍👍👍🤞🤞🤞

Redd

@jacc how do you know

JACC

We should see new updates tomorrow at WMR for DDD this april 4th good luck

Carrie
    @cadkins85

@jc right!! It doesn’t help that my former employer is notorious for not actually submitting stuff until October….anyway..spoke to my assigned TA she said I should see my ddd by the 4/20 if not before. She said she faxed everything over Friday as soon as she got it and even put a note in there that it was an emergency because of the covid19 pandemic.

Vee
    jc

@carrie kinda like how bad do you want it game !! go through the chain of getting jerked off and then we will see if you deserve your refund !!!🤬🤬🤬

Osrael90

@ Justin
    are you serious?

Jules

Home News IRS Statements and Announcements IRS Operations During COVID-19: Mission-critical functions continue
    IRS Operations During COVID-19: Mission-critical functions continue

jc

@carrie agreed so if not updated that means either two things they are going on our hearsay or they have the info and playing circle jerk !!! i will say circle jerk !!!

Lovelygrl

@patientviv41 they’re not open. Search Google irs need. They got sent home🙂

Pissedviv
    @patientviv41

Does anyone know how to get in contact with the IRS? I called like 3 numbers and no one is answering. Please if anyone has gotten through please provide a number.

Thank you in advance!

Carrie
    @cadkins85

@jc that actually gives me hope that I’ll get a ddd soon without those particular items updating..it does say that it can take up til mid July for wages to appear.

jc

funny thing i just checked my ts from irs and ssa and both have no record of wages pages are blank but i got ddd go figure 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

jc

@brit no one really knows yet there are allot that are getting that 4/15 thing

JACC

Britt what numbered did you call and to what agency

jc

PFOF1 thank you !!

Britt

I called the number and entered all information it asked for and it said blank amounts were credited April 15th. Does this mean I will be receiving my money on that date? Someone please help me lol😒😒

ProudFatherOF1

@jc with God on our side. I pray that you touch and heal on our souls give us all the guidance and wisdom power and desire to know you’ll never put too much on us that we can’t bare. I pray for the families and the members of families that’s in hospitals holding on to their lives. Touch and heal them Lord. U are our maker. In Jesus name I pray Amen 🙏🏽

jc

More bad news just found out my cousin is in hospital on a vent and induced coma please pray for him 🙏🙏🙏

Viewing 75 replies - 2,176 through 2,250 (of 4,243 total)
  • The forum ‘2020 Tax Season’ is closed to new topics and replies.