2020 Economic Impact Payment discussion

Home Forums General Discussion 2020 Tax Season 2020 Economic Impact Payment discussion

• This topic has 191 replies, 27 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by Robert.
  • Topic Starter
    thicks
      @thicks

We should have a thread regarding the Economic Impact Payment (formerly known as “recovery rebate,” or “stimulus check”). It would be better to consolidate it here, rather than clog up other threads with irrelevant information.

While I’m not an expert, my best guess is that direct deposits will begin 4/22. The bill was signed into law on Friday, 3/28. The IRS is tasked with the responsibility of distributing the payments to most of the eligible recipients. They are working on setting up a web portal for people to provide direct-deposit information. They’ve said they would like to begin in about three (3) weeks.

They tend to do mass processing on Thursdays, and the third Thursday after the law was enacted will be 4/16. My *guess* is that that day they will update the Individual Master File (IMF) with DDDs of 4/22, the following Wednesday.

They have also said that they will contact recipients by mail within 15 days of making the payment. If so, that may be when they’ll direct people to the web portal they design to allow recipients to supply bank account info securely.

https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/economic-impact-payments-what-you-need-to-know

Also, watch out for scam artists! They’re already making calls and sending e-mails to try to deceive you into giving out your sensitive information so that they can steal your identity and swindle you out of YOUR money. The IRS will never call or e-mail you unannounced, and any correspondence they send will have a control number. Never click on links you get in e-mails pertaining to the subject, but type in the address in the address bar.

In Jesus’s name, may the Father bless you with health and prosperity for your soul, spirit, body, and finances from this time forward, and may He heal our land. Amen.

Viewing 190 reply threads
    • Author
      Replies
        Robert

Wheres my Damn money??

bryce337
            @bryce337

I know this is off topic but if anyone of you can file unemployment due to this crisis, i suggest you to do so. extra 600 a week on top of your state benefits + the economic impact payment

thicks
              @thicks

Meggy, I believe the Social Security recipients are supposed to get there’s along with their regular benefits. I’m thinking they may not be on the same timetable and the IRS might not be the department handling theirs.

Meggydeggy

Anyone get a stimulus check yet who is on social security? Still haven’t gotten mine, I’m on ssdi

Tyler

Has anyone got their impact payment using paypal yet cause i still have not received it

Tyler

Has anyone that used paypal hot their stim xheck cause i stull have not received it

M

@theGuys

Did they use your 2019 return info for the stimulus payment?

theGuys
                        @theguys

Although I’m still waiting on my tax refund since Feb 4th… I just received our stimulus DD in our bank this early morning. Yay!

Art

I have Rushcard and I haven’t recieved anything yet

HTown D

I filed through TurboTax and had my fees taken out with SBTPG. I received my full stimulus payment on my chime card this morning.

momjess
                              @momjess

Deposit pending as of this morning for Wednesday. I use a small credit union in TN.

Kr0908

Hi if I had fees taken out by Santa Barbara Bank thru Turbo will I need to give IRS payment info,? Or does IRS have it? On my tax forms it shows my bank info so I’m confused what to do

JR2009

Has anyone that filed through turbo tax that did Direct Deposit receive there money?

bostonq

I have not received the stimulus money as of today, I use N26 prepaid card..

hoping get it by Wednesday. out of work

Thanks

bryce337
                                      @bryce337

@Lexi I’m just waiting on mine as well, using turbo tax hopefully itll be today

Lexi

@bryce I’m hoping that means I get mine todau.. I use cashapp as well. I was thinking maybe I’d have to wait until Wednesday

bryce337
                                          @bryce337

my girlfriend recieved hers at about 4:20am via cashapp, we’re in louisiana

eeoralis

I Murray received mine on my serve card 1:53am

bryce337
                                              @bryce337

IRS’ Twitter says they deposited the first economic impact payments into taxpayers’ bank accounts yesterday….

Ryan

Various news outlets are saying that the IRS has confirmed that some payments have been sent to banks already.

MBWinOH
                                                  @mbwinoh

Today is my sister’s birthday. She passed away 3 yrs ago. So much going on in the world right now. Be thankful and grateful for your loved one’s and stay safe.

Bernie

I want my god damn mother fucking money

Momof2wifeofone

People who got deposits already are basically getting the money fronted by their fun institution based on info from the IRS that money is coming.

eeoralis

No more batches processed until sunday night around 9pm cst. Everyone can relax until then.

Regular Guy

With turbo debit card, how do you check pending transactions?

Lurkerlongtime

@Josh How did you find out that you had a direct deposit?

Josh

I got a pending depost how can i see it n how long will it take to clear my tubor card

HUSKER222

I have USAA i havent gotten mine yet.

Josh

My mom uses a Rush debit card and just got her stimulus money deposited today @ about 5pm EST.

So yay!

They are coming.

I don’t have mine yet, using Paypal. We’ll see if it comes after the weekend.

Moemiza

I got mine now i use chime

Mandy

My fiance has the Intuit turbo card and hasn’t gotten it yet, NetSpend usually is the first

Kristi

Any emerald cards deposits? Kinda worried about that ?!?!

• #4401470
                                                                        thicks
                                                                          @thicks

I was hoping, for those still waiting for their refunds b/c of a freeze, that the IRS would “forgive” the reason for the freeze and release their refunds at the same time as sending their EIP. But I guess that isn’t the case. (Disclaimer: I’m not in that boat; got my refund 3/11; it was smaller than the EIP.)

• #4401469
                                                                          Mandy

So I just filed my taxes on 3/29 and was accepted the same day WMR hasn’t updated from it being processed. I just got my stimulas payment on my NetSpend at 5:14 and at 5:18 my tax refund was deposited also even though I haven’t gotten a DDD yet!

• #4401464
                                                                            ProudFatherOF1

@Jerseygirl02 Thank you and I hope the same for you as well happy Good Friday!!!

• #4401462
                                                                              Jerseygirl02

@ProudFatherOF1
                                                                                I am still in shock, to see this payment post so soon!
                                                                                Good luck and hopefully it comes much sooner that you expect! 🍀

• #4401458
                                                                                Jerseygirl02

@hopeful tom
                                                                                  I belive stimulus checks will not be stopped, due to current tax situation. If you qualify and have not received your refund, it is very likely, in my humblest opinion that you can see your stimulus before your refund arrives. Which is awesome, due to the fact that many of us are struggling to make ends meet, due to the current situations.
                                                                                  Good luck to you and everyone else! 🍀

• #4401451
                                                                                  Mercedes

It’s under a different username, Elizabeth. Sorry im new to posting on here

• #4401450
                                                                                    Jerseygirl02

If you bank with Netspend, check your accounts, they Re coming in!
                                                                                      Good luck everyone! 🍀

• #4401449
                                                                                      Mercedes

@hopeful tom that is correct. I am currently under a 60 day review and I have not yet received my refund. I did file last year as well. You can check out my story under a new forum titled 60 day review and received stimulus.

• #4401433
                                                                                        Stillwaiting
                                                                                          @stillwaiting-2

Will do

• #4401429
                                                                                          BlixyNeedsHisTaxes
                                                                                            @newyorksfinest

NetSpend just deposited stimulus @ 6:34pm Eastern Time

Check accounts

• #4401425
                                                                                            Magikal

I got my deposit. It was pending at 5 and posted by 530. Rush card

• #4401423
                                                                                              hopeful tom

@Mercedes are you saying you got you stimulus but did not get your taxes yet? if so, did you file last year? I didnt file last year and im still waiting, was accepted the 30th last month. i dont have my taxes or my stimulus yet

• #4401422
                                                                                                Erica
                                                                                                  @tryingtopatientlywait

My credit union does not show pending deposits. So, I’ll wait until Wednesday (15th).

• #4401419
                                                                                                  corey
                                                                                                    @sparticus19

@stillwaiting-2. I bank with them too. I used HR Block refund transfer, wishing I didn’t but if you get yours can you let us know? Regardless of time? Lol

• #4401417
                                                                                                    anxiousinAZ

Don’t really see how ppl are seeing “pending deposits” we don’t see those with Wells Fargo….

• #4401416
                                                                                                      Stillwaiting
                                                                                                        @stillwaiting-2

I bank with pnc nothing yet

• #4401407
                                                                                                        Mercedes

I dont usually comment but have been following for months as I am still waiting on my refund. I just received my stimulus of $1700. I had fees taken out thru turbotax and I bank with Chime

• #4401403
                                                                                                          Justin NJ2

Brian. They said checks are low to high. Not DD. I got my DD and it wasn’t low.

• #4401401
                                                                                                            Jared

Just for anyone with a Turbo Tax Debit Card – I JUST NOW got an email that a deposit of $1200 is pending to be released on the 15th!

• #4401391
                                                                                                              Young1

I don’t usually comment correction

• #4401389
                                                                                                                ProudFatherOF1

That’s funny I filed W/TT and bank w/Chime and no update here maybe around my birthday in December I’ll see a refund and this stimulus thing

• #4401383
                                                                                                                  Young1

I did usually comment. I got my stimulus just now via chime. I used santa Barbara bank for Turbo Tax fees.

• #4401362
                                                                                                                    Jared

Anyone with the TurboTax Debit card have anything yet?

• #4401358
                                                                                                                      Netherdragon
                                                                                                                        @netherdragon

Just checked my online banking for shits and giggles and have 1200 pending so if anybody is wondering if people are really getting money it’s true

• #4401356
                                                                                                                        wolfawk295
                                                                                                                          @wolfawk

I can confirm I now see a pending deposit in my bank account.

• #4401339
                                                                                                                          Brian
                                                                                                                            @bmr31

Justin yes they are…….they have been saying that for a week now,

• #4401349
                                                                                                                            Justin NJ2

Wewillsee

But it’s not me >. < he said he only had 2900 on his tax last year. Wonder if they are doing low earners first.
                                                                                                                              Edit. Just got mine.

• #4401341
                                                                                                                              WeWillSee

Justin NJ2

That’s probably what they’re doing. At least they have the money moving.

• #4401335
                                                                                                                                Justin NJ2

Wewillsee

But it’s not me >. < he said he only had 2900 on his tax last year. Wonder if they are doing low earners first.

• #4401333
                                                                                                                                  Jared

Well that’s great for the people getting them! I used the TurboTax Debit Card through Green Dot Bank this year, my transcripts show the routing and account number since it’s more like an actual bank account so hopefully it’ll hit the card. I do know that for both the Federal and State refunds, nothing ever showed as pending on the account, it was just deposited the EXACT date it said it would be on where’s my refund. So hopefully it just pops up on there. Fingers crossed.

• #4401317
                                                                                                                                    WeWillSee

It’s awesome if people actually are receiving them. Congrats to your friend.

• #4401316
                                                                                                                                      Nay S
                                                                                                                                        @nays

Everyone that uses tt card knows that deposits only happen day of or one day before. If the deposit date is supposed to be next Tuesday don’t look for anything before Monday morning.

• #4401314
                                                                                                                                        Justin NJ2

Yeah he won’t say where.

Anyway, my friend did just get his. Saw actual proof. He uses cashapp

• #4401291
                                                                                                                                          WeWillSee

@needmymoniesnow

What’s this “One Group” called?

• #4401289
                                                                                                                                            needmymoniesnow

One group on FB has over 3,000 pictures of proof and more rolling in every minute of deposits and pending deposits. Not a single one for the TT card yet though.

Chime, Netspend, traditional bank accounts, even some through PayPal and Cash App.

You can keep screeching PROOF all you want but go look for yourself. Actual screenshots with dates and times.

• #4401282
                                                                                                                                              Kathy

So I called turbo tax, Anyone who got their fees taken out from SBTPG should get their DD on the bank account they provided on their 1040. Check line 21 or 22 I believe. She said they have been getting a lot of calls about this and as long as you see your bank info on the 1040.. stimulus won’t even go thru sbtpg. IRS will deposit directly to your account.

• #4401273
                                                                                                                                                Justin NJ2

Jared, or course they don’t.

• #4401272
                                                                                                                                                  Jared

Anyone have any kind of proof of these pending deposits for the stimulus? Bc I’m not buying it

• #4401247
                                                                                                                                                    eyunter123

@thicks nvm I see it

• #4401246
                                                                                                                                                      eyunter123

@thicks where’s the section for filers on that site?

• #4401244
                                                                                                                                                        Justwondering2784
                                                                                                                                                          @justwondering2784

@eeoralis
                                                                                                                                                          No posting date.

• #4401239
                                                                                                                                                          eeoralis

@justwondering2784

What the posting date?

• #4401235
                                                                                                                                                            Justwondering2784
                                                                                                                                                              @justwondering2784

Stimulus check is pending in my account! Service credit union! Holy shit I didn’t expect that!

• #4401213
                                                                                                                                                              thicks
                                                                                                                                                                @thicks

(As noted by @Eileen in another thread) the IRS has updated its page on the EIPs:

https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/economic-impact-payments

There’s a section for non-filers, and there’s a section for those who have filed taxes. This is the web portal for updating direct-deposit information.

• #4401201
                                                                                                                                                                thicks
                                                                                                                                                                  @thicks

I think the process is something along the lines of the payer (IRS or Treasury, in this case) advises receiving bank of pending payment. It still takes about two days for clearinghouse to fulfill the transaction. Institutions like Chime will release advance funds to the recipient on the basis of the promise, before the money actually posts. TFIs (most banks and credit unions) wait for the funds to post (but not necessarily clear) before making them available to the recipient.

• #4401188
                                                                                                                                                                  Wes m

So I used TurboTax and had fees taken out but had direct deposit with no card. I checked my return on TT and it reflects my bank info. The Stimulus should hit my account as DD right? How is it that Chime people getting drops but TT people are not? Does money go to SBGT first?

• #4401150
                                                                                                                                                                    needmymoniesnow

Justin go to the FB groups. Can’t post a pic in here and you know it. I never said Chime was pending. Yes it’s stimulus because the amounts are all what would equal up with dependents or spouses or that person’s actual situation

I’m not going to do the work for you, you’ll have to go find it yourself but screenshots between several groups are growing fast so yes it’s happening.

• #4401147
                                                                                                                                                                      Melissa
                                                                                                                                                                        @missmelissa

I’ve got chime. I paid for fees upfront, I have nothing so far. Chime deposits throughout the day but I don’t know with this one.

• #4401141
                                                                                                                                                                        Pswazey

I’ve got chime, I will update when the deposit has posted

• #4401140
                                                                                                                                                                          Justin NJ

Oh, read the chime part wrong.
                                                                                                                                                                            Still like to see proof.

• #4401135
                                                                                                                                                                            Justin NJ

Can anyone provide proof. Didn’t think so.

• #4401132
                                                                                                                                                                              LurkinwiththeLurkers

Hopefully they are hitting soon. I don’t desperately need anything but have a couple wants that would make life easier. I just saw they may set up a “Where’s my Stimulus?”. I am thinking it won’t be done by the time direct deposits are done but it may be helpful for people who will get paper checks down the road.

https://www.hawkinstax.net/blog/track-your-economic-impact-payment-in-the-new-irs-portal/44450

• #4401131
                                                                                                                                                                                Justin NJ

Link?
                                                                                                                                                                                  Chime doesn’t pend. Once it shows it is avail

• #4401127
                                                                                                                                                                                  needmymoniesnow

I’ve just seen actual screenshots of stimulus deposits and pending stimulus through Chime, NFCU and another prepaid card I can’t remember.

I guess it’s really coming after all.

• #4401105
                                                                                                                                                                                    Tasha L

I dont have navy federal banking but my sister do an she has her stimulus check pending for the 15 of April

• #4401100
                                                                                                                                                                                      Koko

My stimulus was just deposited on my RushCard.$2200.i have a RushCard.my deposits always hit 2 days early

• #4401092
                                                                                                                                                                                        Carrie
                                                                                                                                                                                          @cadkins85

From an hrblock web chat lol…
                                                                                                                                                                                          If you received a refund to a bank account with Refund Transfer, it will be deposited to the bank account you used for the Refund Transfer disbursement. The timing is still being determined by the IRS…..I’m probably going to use the portal just in case

• #4401088
                                                                                                                                                                                          Ais4420
                                                                                                                                                                                            @ais4420

I figure using the portal can’t hurt anything. But that news release also says by the 17th they’ll release a tool like where’s my refund but for stimulus checks. And will also give you the option to update dd info then.

• #4401087
                                                                                                                                                                                            Uhhnacceptable

So they’ve launched 2 tools in 2 weeks to allow non-filers to register but nothing to let filers update their DD info?

And they’re sending out payments next week. Every week for the past 3 weeks have been “next week”.

• #4401063
                                                                                                                                                                                              Paigezombie

I havent even gotten my refund yet because i filed injured spouse, and dd to my work paycard, not an actual bank. I wonder if i should wait or update my ddd on their portal.

• #4401060
                                                                                                                                                                                                Ais4420
                                                                                                                                                                                                  @ais4420
                                                                                                                                                                                                • #4401058
                                                                                                                                                                                                  Ais4420
                                                                                                                                                                                                    @ais4420
                                                                                                                                                                                                  • #4400944
                                                                                                                                                                                                    Mike

On the Turbotax website, they have where you can register.

“If you’re not required to file taxes and don’t
                                                                                                                                                                                                      receive Social Security benefits, use our free
                                                                                                                                                                                                      Stimulus Registration for non-tax filers to
                                                                                                                                                                                                      give the IRS your up-to-date mailing address
                                                                                                                                                                                                      and direct deposit banking info.”

https://turbotax.intuit.com/stimulus-check/

and scroll to the bottom.

• #4400933
                                                                                                                                                                                                      Carrie
                                                                                                                                                                                                        @cadkins85

@atrain2324 I’m probably going to use the portal just in case. I’ve heard so many conflicting stories about what’s going on…and I just don’t want to take the chance.

• #4400921
                                                                                                                                                                                                        Alan
                                                                                                                                                                                                          @atrain2324

I read the portal to put your DD info could be out today…I wonder if I should do that since I filed with TT but had fees taken out of my refund so it went to SBTPG before it hit my actual bank account. I’ve read posts that one should do that and posts that say, the IRS already has my DD info. Should I use the portal just in case?

• #4400919
                                                                                                                                                                                                          R4ce
                                                                                                                                                                                                            @r4ce

They say next week, that’s when we will see it at the earliest. IMO that will be pretty damn good for money none of us knew we were getting not long ago. I can use the money as much as anyone. Keeping a business and two households afloat has drained my savings. But worrying about what hour it will hit your account isn’t going to do anyone any good.

• #4400890
                                                                                                                                                                                                            Uncle Sam

What if you filed your taxes with a third party company for example Liberty Tax, and on the tax return it shows liberty tax account info not mines but I still got my refund deposited in my account, will that process be same for the stimulus check? And will liberty tax automatically deposit the money In my account?

• #4400825
                                                                                                                                                                                                              Mandy

Just read this….
                                                                                                                                                                                                                The Treasury Department on Friday is expected to take the first step in getting economic stimulus payments to millions of Americans, who will get access to the money next week if they have direct deposit bank accounts, according to financial industry sources.

Source: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.politico.com/amp/news/2020/04/09/treasury-expected-to-get-started-on-stimulus-payments-friday-178683

• #4400822
                                                                                                                                                                                                                Mandy

We all know they’re due to be out by the 15th but for those of us with cards that get our money early will get it days ahead of those with regular bank accounts. More than likely we’ll have it tomorrow or Monday

• #4400818
                                                                                                                                                                                                                  DeeDeeLTL

Reports are saying deposits for stimulus to be made next week.

• #4400816
                                                                                                                                                                                                                    Justin NJ

Based off a new article I found, they are saying it’ll be in bank accounts Wednesday. So, I’m hoping Chimers will have it Monday.

• #4400814
                                                                                                                                                                                                                      Mandy

Thank you! Couldn’t remember if it was Friday or Saturday

• #4400812
                                                                                                                                                                                                                        Carrie
                                                                                                                                                                                                                          @cadkins85

Wmr usually mass updates Saturday

• #4400810
                                                                                                                                                                                                                          Mandy

On an unrelated topic, does anybody know if the WMR mass update is tonight or tomorrow? Still waiting on an update from my taxes I filed and was accepted 3/29… I was smart and waited for them to stop federal student loan offsets before filing so they don’t take my refund lol

• #4400809
                                                                                                                                                                                                                            Justin NJ

Well if it isn’t tomorrow, we run into the age old problem of chime not doing deposits on weekends. So I have a feeling chime will be Monday.

• #4400808
                                                                                                                                                                                                                              Mandy

Tomorrow seems more legit specially since Monday is Easter Monday and I know my job does payroll on Wednesday and it hits my NetSpend account Thursday morning so i sounds right that they would process payments today for Tuesday and us with NetSpend and other similar accounts should see them tomorrow 🤞

• #4400802
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                cheryl e kendrick
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  @cherlyq63

so this is the first year I wont be getting a refund but i did get one for the 2018 tax year will they go by that one or will I get a paper check? well that’s just what I am wondering off the top of my head

• #4400801
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  eeoralis

@irene

I hope so. If true those of us with non-traditional accounts should start receiving them by tomorrow afternoon if they are going to have money in traditional accounts early next week.

I read these articles and they don’t understand the process of sending a deposit and getting into a bank account. All ach files have to go through NACHA. its not instant.

• #4400796
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    Irene
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      @irene

eeoralis wrote :
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      ” ” ” … generating the direct deposit file ON the 9th to be in traditional accounts BY the 14th … ” ” ”

eeoralis,
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      I think you have it :) !
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      Sounds spot on :) ,
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      you have solved the puzzle !!
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      – Irene.

• #4400787
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      Syraz
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        @syraz

@Mel C look at like 21a of your 1040 that is the account they have on file. I had my refund done the same way and it shows my turbo tax account as where the refund goes. Turbotax I believe takes the fees onces it hits that account as they are linked and doesnt go through sbtpg, I could be wrong but that line on 1040 is key though

• #4400780
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        MRKnight

Hey there. Does anyone have any info on this web portal for people who did not have their IRS refund set up for direct deposit? I had to have my refund check mailed to me (maybe I’ll actually get it someday).

Thanks.

• #4400773
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          Tiffyimpatient

I spoke to someone with the emerald card at hrblock. They said people who didn’t get the refund advance and had their refund deposited on an Emerald would get their stimulus payment on or around the 15th

• #4400734
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            Regular guy

The point of the original Washington Post article had more to do with delays for paper checks than it did the beginning of direct deposits

• #4400713
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              Regular guy

If you have no idea when the process starts, it’s easy to believe it will deposit when someone with the AP randomly says it will

• #4400699
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                Papega

I get it though most people only read the title not the actual article. If you read it. It does state that the IRS has early next week as their target to get people their money.

• #4400697
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  Papega

The article is dumb for saying people would get their money today. But then again anyone that thought they would is also pretty damn dumb. I mean isn’t it like common knowledge that money isn’t sent like that in minutes. There is a few banks that could have it tomorrow but most will be early next week.

• #4400696
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    eeoralis

True. I wish there was an irs forum where we could talk to actual irs employees

• #4400693
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      Regular guy

Eeoralis everything saying deposits on the 9th is either that Washington post article or a reference to it. Just goes to show how misinformation can take on a life of its own.

• #4400675
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        eeoralis

Im surprised how quiet it is on here today. If anyone gets anything please post.

• #4400641
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          eeoralis

I guess we will know if they did send them this afternoon or tomorrow.

I am hoping the irs timeline document that the april 9th date came from is what they actually followed.

• #4400625
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            Ryan

“Will you get paid today?
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              The first wave of payments will be issued to people who have already given their bank account information to the IRS and Social Security beneficiaries who filed a federal tax return with direct deposit information.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.news4jax.com/news/morning-show/2020/04/09/50-million-americans-to-receive-first-pay-out-of-stimulus-checks-today/%3foutputType=amp

• #4400557
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              eyunter123

@MidnightcowboyNW also ask them HOW they knew that to be true? Because that could provide more or less confidence.

• #4400552
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                thicks
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  @thicks

I believe they’ll base the payment according to the filing status you used on your 2019 return. If your refunds were separate, then your EIPs will be separate.

• #4400536
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  Mark

What if you filed married but separate will we each get our own because two different tax returns

• #4400521
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    slimeGAWD

Topline: Americans will receive direct deposits from the government as part of the coronavirus stimulus package beginning next week, Treasury Secretary Steve Mnuchin told House lawmakers Wednesday, an encouraging sign for millions of citizens who have been anxiously awaiting relief from the punishing economic toll of the virus outbreak

• #4400520
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      MidnightcowboyNW

Turbotax over the phone l the lady made it clear after I hounded over and over every possible way to ask if I had fees taken out if I would still get stimulus on turbo card ANSWER WAS AN ABSOLUTE YES.

• #4400519
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        eeoralis

Ok. Its the 9th. Lets start the “who got their deposit” game that all of us here like to play so much.

After so many years, Its so weird coming back here after our refunds and discussing this crap with all of you after what the irs and our states put us through….
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          I thought about telling them about dd’s, ACH files, master files, NACHA, early release, etc… but after trying to explain a dependent earlier i was exhausted…

• #4400503
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          4pf

@TDFerguson
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            The irs already has it but they flagged it

• #4400502
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            TDFerguson

@4pf

I would think until your 2019 is processed they will use 2018. That is only a guess though.

• #4400500
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              4pf

“If we are still under review for our 2019 refunds, will they go off of 2018 or 2019 for the stimulus check?“

I have the same question?

• #4400467
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                eeoralis

Article quoting irs official stating they have sped up their processing so people should see their stimulus deposits as early as monday or tuesday.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/finance.yahoo.com/amphtml/news/irs-speeds-coronavirus-check-printing-192254045.html

So that means they would need to send them out by friday at the latest. So i think we are all on the right track.

They also moved paper checks up from the 24th to the 20th.

• #4400465
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  Soannnoyed

If we are still under review for our 2019 refunds, will they go off of 2018 or 2019 for the stimulus check?

• #4400457
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    Hashrate

Lol 😂 all the tax money gone already now looking for the next payment to that car with a 30% Interest pick up pay later dealership

• #4400455
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      eeoralis

It may be that they are updating the master file and generating the direct deposit file ON the 9th to be in traditional accounts BY the 14th. That would be inline with what they do with regular refunds.

• #4400454
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        eeoralis

.

• #4400445
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          Justwondering2784
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            @justwondering2784

@thicks
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            Do you think that would have posted onto transcripts on 4/4? Mine updated 4\4 last weekend

• #4400430
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            bishwhett

not sure how this is gonna work out… if my bank had received a prenote for the funds , I most likely would have gotten it by now or late this afternoon/evening if the 9th is truly a good date. PPL with traditional bank accounts would most likely be seeing pending deposits as of this afternoon.

• #4400427
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              thicks
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                @thicks

If my deductions are on the money, then *if* payments start landing in accounts on 4/9 (tomorrow), then wouldn’t the IRS have to have started updating the MF on Friday, 4/3. That was just 1 week after the CARES Act was signed into law. It would be amazing for the IRS to have worked out those logistics that quickly.

• #4400425
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                thicks
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  @thicks

[quote quote=4400414]The only plave i heard the 9th date was from the washington post saying we’ll starr seeing deposits then, so where did we hear that the 9th is the start of the least process?
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  Hmmmmm… not a big deal but hopefully l, because it’s just a simple one time deposit with no room for inaccuracies, they start going right out.[/quote]

They still have to check returns to determine the amount to send. The amounts are based on filing status, AGI, and number of eligible dependents.

Also, when the IRS approves refunds, it still takes 6 days from the time they update the master file (i.e., the processing is complete) for the deposit to be available in a TFI account.

• #4400416
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  Regular guy

I mean the ones turbo tax issues are not temporary

• #4400415
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    Regular guy

Jojo they are not temp cards

• #4400414
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      Regular guy

The only plave i heard the 9th date was from the washington post saying we’ll starr seeing deposits then, so where did we hear that the 9th is the start of the least process?
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        Hmmmmm… not a big deal but hopefully l, because it’s just a simple one time deposit with no room for inaccuracies, they start going right out.

• #4400393
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        JoJo
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          @bowsbyjo

@Regular Guy

This is what I was referencing, my assumption is some of those cards are temporary cards? Not sure the why…

According to the Santa Barbara TPG CARES Act Update website:

An IRS-issued check will be mailed to taxpayers that received a check printed from their tax professional’s office or a debit card issued through Santa Barbara TPG.

• #4400388
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          JoJo
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            @bowsbyjo

@Momof2wifeofone

That makes sense. I used DD after fund taken out so I wasn’t sure about how exactly the card they gave out worked! Thanks!

• #4400381
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            thicks
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              @thicks

Regular guy, I don’t know the exact mechanics of it (the means), but by my observations, the results (the ends) are as follows:

Day 1: IRS processes return, adds refund (if applicable) to Master File;
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              Day 2: Transcript (record of account) updates to reflect transaction;
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              Day 3: WMR updates;
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              Day 7: DDD hits bank (usually).

Almost always I’ve seen TS update the day after & WMR two days after. The DDD on WMR is usually 4 days later. So the process takes 6 days, I guess.

• #4400377
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              Regular guy

So I’m not very knowledgable. When you say update and transmit on the 9th, does that mean no deposits until the 15th or will some be the 9th?

• #4400371
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                thicks
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  @thicks

[quote quote=4400278]Not sure if this has been talked about yet but, does anyone think the irs will update our 2019 transcripts when they send our stimulus checks?[/quote]

[quote quote=4400279] @thicks
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  Do you think we can track our payments through our transcripts?[/quote]

Very good questions! I don’t know. It will be interesting to see. There won’t be a WMR for the EIPs, according to the IRS. But we can track our accounts through the record of account (transcript). This payment is an advance of a credit filers can claim on their 2020 returns next year. I wonder if 2020 were to become available early, that might indicate a payment is forthcoming or has been sent. But there’s also a chance that the IRS will do the accounting some other way and we won’t see 2020 until next year. Those of us with online access to TS should check, once the EIP has been completed.

I also wonder if those who haven’t gotten their returns approved yet will get refunds and EIP at the same time.

• #4400369
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  Easttexasguy

I just called turbotax and spoke to a what seemed to be a very knowledgable lady. She explained the who process when you have fees taken out and assured me that if your refund went through SBTG and you had it direct deposited anywhere that you will receive the direct deposit as early as tonight. She did say that includes turbocard holders which is green dot. She said your info is not changed that the irs does have you actual DD info and not the temp account at SBTG

• #4400361
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    Regular guy

Jojo why would you get a check if turbotaxcar sent you a debit card? The IRS has the DD info for that card

• #4400358
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      Momof2wifeofone

@jojo

I just looked at SBTPG site and see the update, but what it says is that the SBTPG issued debit cards would get a check, the Turbo cards are not issued by SBTPG, but Intuit . I could be wrong but SBTPG has a card if their own issues thru Walmart. The Turbo card is a partnership between Greendit and Intuit.

• #4400347
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        JoJo
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          @bowsbyjo

So I just got off STBG site and TurboTax and I read that if even if you had fees taken out if you received a direct deposit after that you should get a direct deposit for the Stimulus Refund. If you received a paper check or a debit card from TurboTax then you will get a paper check in the mail. I hope this helps ease some people’s minds!

• #4400327
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          Justwondering2784
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            @justwondering2784

I’m a weekly for 2019 tax transcripts and have a DD but used SBTPG to pay fees so I’m still not sure if I’ll actually get a DDD anytime soon but I’ll be checking my transcripts Friday night into sat for updates on my 2019 transcripts

• #4400315
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            Ryan

Should start seeing movement this Friday through Monday for Direct Deposits for those who filed this year (or last year) with DD bank info.

• #4400297
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              Kelly
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                @kelly2016

Green Dot emailed me yesterday and said because I got my 2019 refund deposited into my account that my stimulus payment will also be deposited into my green Dot account.

I figured that would be the case but I wonder if that email means it will happen soon?

• #4400279
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                Justwondering2784
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  @justwondering2784

@thicks
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  Do you think we can track our payments through our transcripts?

• #4400278
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  Justwondering2784
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    @justwondering2784

Not sure if this has been talked about yet but, does anyone think the irs will update our 2019 transcripts when they send our stimulus checks?

• #4400247
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    eeoralis

I received my refunds on my amex card the same day the master file was updated / WMR updated. Six days before the posted direct deposit date.

So i am praying you guys are right and they update and transmit them on the 9th just like they did with the refunds.

The date range from the irs memo the washington post reviewed matches perfectly. Sending the 9th and in accounts by the 14th. 6 day range just like with refunds.

Omg… The IRS being consistent!

• #4400223
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      thicks
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        @thicks

[quote quote=4400210]I’m hearing deposits can hit as early as April 9th for stimulus. If anyone gets one the 9th, please post because I’m curious to when the first patch goes. Thanks![/quote]

I could be wrong, but I’m thinking 4/9 is when they’ll update the Master File w/ the DD payments, so — assuming the IRS does what the IRS does (!) — payments should be in accounts 6 days later (just like w/ refunds). Therefore, I’m sticking w/ 4/15. (But I’ll probably still check my account sooner, just in case!)

• #4400220
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        thicks
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          @thicks

[quote quote=4400205] @thicks I just read that. So does that mean they’re sending the payments first and the letter to let you know the payment was sent?[/quote]

Carrie (@cadkins85), that’s how it appears to me. I did a bit of a double-take about *”AFTER,”* myself.

• #4400213
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          Carrie
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            @cadkins85

@Ashley right!!! I’m very curious as well lol.

• #4400210
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            Ashley

I’m hearing deposits can hit as early as April 9th for stimulus. If anyone gets one the 9th, please post because I’m curious to when the first patch goes. Thanks!

• #4400207
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              ProudFatherOF1

@jlynn37 IRS is working on a portal for ppl to upload their DD info for ppl that had fees taken from refunds

• #4400205
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                Carrie
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  @cadkins85

@thicks I just read that. So does that mean they’re sending the payments first and the letter to let you know the payment was sent?

• #4400204
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  jlynn37

Sorry I know this has probably been answered but if I filed with Turbo Tax and my refund was DD will mt economic impact payment be Direct Deposited also. I ask because I know Turbo Tax uses a outside company for their direct deposits

• #4400198
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    thicks
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      @thicks

Today the IRS has updated its web page about the EIP:

https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus-tax-relief-and-economic-impact-payments

https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/economic-impact-payment-information-center

“For security reasons, the IRS plans to mail a letter about the economic impact payment to the taxpayer’s last known address within 15 days after the payment is paid. The letter will provide information on how the payment was made and how to report any failure to receive the payment. If a taxpayer is unsure, they’re receiving a legitimate letter, the IRS urges taxpayers to visit IRS.gov first to protect against scam artists.”

• #4400070
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      Osrael90

Most likely they will used the last bank account information you gave them.

• #4399935
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        Wi$H
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          @intawishin

@Bobbyboy

I have the same exact situation..except I still have access to the 2018 account I used, but I used a different one this year and is still processing. Wondering which one they will use?

• #4399917
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          Bobbyboy

Heres my question:

2018 tax return filed, direct deposit-now that bank account closed.

Filed my 2019 w/new bank info and return accepted (processing)

Question is for the Impact Payment will the routing and new bank account info be used, even though my 2019 return is still processing?

• #4399753
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            Carrie
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              @cadkins85

@thicks @Gofigure you guys are awesome!! ☺☺

• #4399686
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              thicks
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                @thicks

Thank you, GoFigure. That’s good information.

Direct deposit dates appear to be 6 days after processing (adding to Master File), so my *guess* is that deposits will land in accounts between 4/15 and 4/21 for that first grouping.

• #4399676
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                GoFigure

Says over 70 million will have their payment in the accts by 4/15. Those that have direct deposit info already established (via SSA benefits, past two tax returns, etc).

• #4399675
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  GoFigure

The checks will be sent out starting at the end of April up until early September.
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    Says they will start (people getting checks) with lower income first and going in income increments (dispersing based on income) up to September

• #4399674
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    GoFigure

@thicks
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      Read the electronic deposits will start as early as April 9th thru the 15th. Mailed checks are gonna take longer.
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      … “According to an internal document reviewed by The Washington Post, the IRS plans to begin generating electronic payments on April 9 for taxpayers who have filed a 2018 or 2019 tax return and qualify for a stimulus check.”

• #4399672
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      Carrie
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        @cadkins85

I just saw something that said turbo tax was going to offer a similar web portal like the irs for anyone who hasn’t submitted their dd info or haven’t filed a return. Not sure how reliable that info is however as I don’t use turbo tax.

• #4399653
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        thicks
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          @thicks

The newest information I’ve found suggests DDs may begin the week of April 13, which is about a week earlier than I projected.

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/economy/some-in-u-s-may-not-get-stimulus-checks-until-august

Paper checks aren’t expected to begin until the week of May 4, and some may have to wait as late as August.

I’m sure even those getting DD won’t all get theirs at the first possible opportunity. I suspect those who’ve filed most recently will get DDs first, and then the IRS will work backward through the cycle codes. It’s just my guess.

• #4399165
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          Bree
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            @bree0825

@mel c

I filed through Turbo Tax and my DD information is still on my return. I also called TurboTax and was reassured that IRS did infact have my DD information. We signed an aggreement to have our refund forwarded in order for fees to be taken out, but this is no tax refund and that agreement is void in this situation. The agreement is attached to your return for the IRS to know what to do when processing the return, it doesn’t change the information on your return.

• #4399149
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            Brian
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              @bmr31

Blah blah blah they arent going to wait months. It takes an extra week MAX for the check.

• #4399077
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              GoFigure

won’t see the money until at least the week of April 13, according to new estimates from the Trump administration provided to House Democrats and outlined in a memo circulated this week by Democrats on the House Ways and Means Committee. Many people who don’t have direct deposit information on file with the IRS might have to wait months to get the money.

• #4399075
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                GoFigure

won’t see the money until at least the week of April 13, according to new estimates from the Trump administration provided to House Democrats and outlined in a memo circulated this week by Democrats on the House Ways and Means Committee.

Many people who don’t have direct deposit information on file with the IRS might have to wait months to get the money.

• #4399136
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  thicks
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    @thicks

@benzie, you’ll probably need to update your info, once the IRS rolls out the web portal. Otherwise, they’d prefer to mail a paper check than guess which account to deposit the EIP into.

At one point I’d read that the IRS would send letters within 15 days of sending payment, but I can’t find anything like that on the IRS website now.

• #4399125
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    benzie

My refund was direct deposited into 2 checking accounts. Will I get a direct deposit for the stimulus? Or do I need to wait to update my info to only 1 account?

• #4399079
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      GoFigure

@thicks
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        U rock!!

• #4398984
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        Fmhelton

@thicks
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          You stay on top of all this stuff. I always look for your name bc I know you will be giving some kind of info. Thank You!!! 😁

• #4398967
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          thicks
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            @thicks

@Mel C, you’ll want to pay attention to when the web portal for providing your bank info becomes available.

@NicoChanel, I’m talking about the economic impact payment, not refunds. That’s why the title of the thread is “economic impact payments” rather than “60 day review.”

• #4398947
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            NicoChanel

I’m confused now are you talking about refunds or the stimulus. The previous stimulus was deposited any day of the week there was no DD date . So is the 4/22 when you think held refunds will be released?

• #4398933
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              Mel C

so.. for those who filed with turbotax(or similar) and had fees taken out of refund, we all know that the irs sent it to sbtpg so that fees can be taken out. so i assume that the irs does not have my bank account info? so how does that work?

• #4398859
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                thicks
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  @thicks

[quote quote=4398855]So on the irs website it says the stimulus checks will start going out automatically in 3 weeks, my question is are they going to send it out to us that have not received a DDD yet or hold it til we get our refund[/quote]

@whosyourbuddah
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  : Tiffany, if they haven’t processed your 2019 return yet, they’ll use your 2018 return for the economic impact payment. Either way, they’re supposed to send you something in the mail first, and I suspect that letter will have either the information to answer your question or a link to a website with answers to questions.

• #4398837
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  thicks
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    @thicks

@cadkins85, thank you. It must be God!

• #4398835
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    Carrie
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      @cadkins85

@thicks you rock!! Just saying lol. Seriously you’ve been a key source of info for all of us. Thank you☺

Viewing 190 reply threads
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  • The forum ‘2020 Tax Season’ is closed to new topics and replies.