Wrong SSN on LTR 5017C

Home Forums General Discussion 2022 Tax Season Wrong SSN on LTR 5017C

• This topic has 2 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 2 years ago by patiently waiting.
  • Topic Starter
    HateTheWait
      @shrona

I received the ID Verification letter from the IRS, however, the last 4 digits of the SSN does not match with mine. I cannot get through to any phone numbers for the IRS to correct this. Due to heavy call volume, unable to assist… Click. Disconnected. I guess me & this other person’s SSN are just screwed.

* Also posted on TT Community

Viewing 1 reply thread
    • Author
      Replies
        patiently waiting

I received a letter like that as well. I called IRS and got through and the rep just said “I’m sorry you have the wrong SSN on that letter but you do have to ID verify using the phone number on the letter and by the way, its hard to get through on phone so you will have to keep trying”.

Beammeup
            @beammeup1898

This happened to my partner! He even received a DDD and showed “approved” and then “refund sent” on WMR and it never got deposited. His transcripts show deposit canceled right under the deposit date. He CANNOT get through when he calls and my return is still stuck on the “delayed” message on wmr. We both filed and were accepted 1/29 so it’s been frustrating.

I hope you get some good news soon.

Viewing 1 reply thread
        • The forum ‘2022 Tax Season’ is closed to new topics and replies.