Join Live Discussion

WMR Bars Gone!

Home » Forums » General Discussion » 2020 Tax Season » WMR Bars Gone!

• Topic Starter
    Dee Dub

Your tax return is still being processed. A refund date will be provided when available and the WMR bar disappeared.

Never seen this before. Does anyone have any experience with this?

Filed on 1/19/20
    Accepted on 1/21/20

Viewing 40 replies - 1,276 through 1,315 (of 1,315 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    danielle

Where do you get your transcripts?
    Mine was accepted 1/27; and bars disappeared around 1/31 and have not came back. I have the 152 code.

taxclay

Also, my state return was approved and will be deposited next week. Maybe it’s just an IRS issue.

taxclay

I still have the same “still being processed” message. The as of date on my account transcript went from 2/17 to 2/24 today. Everything else is blank. Everything else is the same, WMR still has no bars and my refund amount is still listed on the WMR. I am guessing WMR will update tomorrow. I hope anyway. I thought this was the easiest year I have ever had. Both my W2s imported from ADP. It took me like 10 minutes to do my taxes. Keep thinking maybe i clicked something wrong, but I looked over my return. All normal.

erin

I just wanted to share my experience, because I am a worrier and understand when something happens most of just want to know what is going on.

Our status bars were gone when I checked yesterday morning, and I was surprised, and couldn’t imagine what was going on. We had very normal taxes, standard deduction, and my mind was reeling about what could be wrong. However, I still filed under self employed as I own my own business, but I took a year off to take care of my children and made a zero income. My husband’s w2 was filled in with the retrieval tool, and that is about all we needed this year besides our mortgage interest etc.

Our tax transcript was also blank yesterday, BUT today, while I do not have any bars back our tax transcript has been updated and shows a refund date of 2/12/2020 for us in the full amount I expected.

So, I don’t know if it got flagged for review in a random pull, was reviewed because I filed self employed but did not have any actual self employment income last year, or if the bars being gone is just a system glitch, but I do know I trust my tax transcript.

I just wanted to share, and hope maybe this will ease the minds of others experiencing a similar situation.

Kelly

@Britt – I am in the same situation almost exactly.
    Filed 1/21
    Accepted 1/27
    Bars disappeared 2/1

I got married in 9/2019, so maybe the name change thing is throwing mine off too. Who knows? I am definitely getting nervous.

taxclay

For some of us the missing bars is a new thing. Hence the panic. I think I actually figured out what happened with mine. Mine was rejected because I typed in a dependents SSN wrong, i corrected and resubmitted the same day. Accepted a few hours later. I am guessing that I was pushed back because of this, or they want to make sure I am not defrauding them. My fault for mistyping the SSN. If I have to wait a few weeks or months because of it, I certainly won’t do it again.

Jenn

Everyone panics, but I got this last year for a few days, then my bars came back and updated with a DDD. Mine just did it again this year. I filed 1/29, accepted within minutes. I don’t have EIC. Don’t worry, just be patient. :)

taxclay

1/27 – accepted
    1/31 – bars disappeared, message still being processed, no topic 152, just a message to use the app.
    2/5 – checked tax transcript, says N/A

I moved in the middle of the year and never updated my address on my DL. Both my W2s came to the right address. Maybe i have to ID verify?

Both my W2s were imported to TT from a payroll website, no manual entry. This year is the first year I am claiming my son, and I changed my withholding in the middle of the year. I was withholding 0, changed around July. Could this be the issue?

Hope to get an update this week, cannot call until next week.

Fay

This happened to me before. I even called the IRS 3x. They told me that it is showing that we owe like $50 and that I just need to wait for them to finish processing. Never received a letter. We did get our refund after 3 weeks.

Dee Dub

@ Jessica John

I’m waiting for a letter as well. I’m wondering how you got yours so fast. On my transcript the letter is dated 2/17/20. Idk if that’s the date they plan to send it or the date I should receive it by. My bars disappeared on 1/29 with the same message you got. But I had codes 971 letter issued and 570 refund hold on my transcripts.

Jessica John

Anyone got LTR 12c? My bars went away 1/31 and I received the letter yesterday, 2/3. I faxed the information requested.
    Is anyone dealing with this as well?

I have the message :

Your tax return is still being processed. A refund date will be provided when available.

Please read the following information related to your tax situation:
    Tax Topic 152, Refund Information

Kristen1983
    @kristen1983

This happened to me 2 years ago. I had moved and forgot to update my address. PIN Verification was sent to the wrong address, and it delayed my tax return. I ended up having to file a paper return in order to change my address.

Britt

Filed 1/26
    Accepted 1/27
    WMR bars disappeared on 02/01 (don’t claim any credits)
    Received State DD 02/04 (ohio)

I did get married in summer of 2019 so I’m wondering if this is because of my name change. I;ve never had my bars disappear before

Elled6

So, I called and had talked to a live person. They can not even see your return at this time because nothing has been done with it yet if you are a PATHer. Two people told me this. Though it says in process that means it passed the basics to be put through to the next phase. They won’t even be looked at by a person until around the 15th of this month.

Mika Mika Gallo

Is there another number to call then the ending in 1040 thats just the automated one I want to try and talk to a live person please help still no change just no bars date when available ugh no path act message

lee9911

Yeah I was mad at the same thing last year because hr block sent all that over and they still held my taxes for it, also your right it can be a number of things even if a number off they will have u amend your taxes happened to me 3 years ago

Doug

This has happened to me several years now. It is hard to truthfully say what it is because it could mean a number of things. One year the same message appeared for me and it ended up being that I needed to ID verify. Another year it was an income issue and they were asking for a copy of my W2. Another year they needed nothing at all and I was told it was just randomly selected for manual review. The review took place without me needing to do anything and the refund date eventually showed up. The one thing I can tell you is that there will probably be some sort of delay with your refund. it may only be a day or two or it could be longer depending on what they are looking at. The bottom line is that this means they are looking at something, the algorithymns they have set up detected something that it decided a person needed to look at. All you can do is wait. Make sure the IRS has your correct address because they will send snail mail to tell you what you need to do. Hopefully it is just a standard quick look they will take at it an then keep it moving.

I hate tax Season

This happened to me last year and all was well. It switched back to bars sooner though. This year I just got a letter from the IRS regarding the 1095-A and to submit with form 8962. Which is crap because my tax preparer, Jackson Hewitt, sent it all in and I have proof with a copy of my return. Seems like there is an issue with the Marketplace Insurance. Maybe the IRS dropped the ball because I have never seen so many people with this issue. So aggravating!

lee9911

Happened to me last year everybody was updating and I was still at the lost all bars and it says we have received your tax return and it is still being processed a refund date will be provided when available and i got a letter in the mail from the IRS wanting me to send a copy of my 1095a and form 8963 for market place insurance

lee9911

Nope that’s not normal at all, last year that happened to many and it was for market place insurance, go to google and ull see when it change and says still process and a refund date will be provided when available means something wrong with your tax and that’s u can call irs and see why, just lie say u got a letter and u didn’t understand and they will tell u

Mack

I was accepted on 1/15/20, had 1 bar until Monday 2/3/20 now it is gone with still being processed message. I can still see my refund amount and TT 152, transcripts are blank with processing day of 2/10/20. I am getting both credits. A lot of people in the tax group I am in have had this happen to them, I do not think that it is a bad thing (everybody is different) but with so many people I think that it is just part of the processing. I will not worry until 2/15.

Nathan
    @thesensibleguy

This is completely normal if you claim EIC or ACTC. Expect an update after the 15th. The 15th is a Saturday though and many of us update weekly (on Saturday) so who knows what will happen. As long as WMR doesn’t say “Take Action” you should be at ease.

Liaa

I just checked my refund status bar disappeared and now I have the Your tax return is still being processed.

A refund date will be provided when available. Filed 1/27/2020 was accepted and I had the path act notice to disappear. I have the EIC EITC. If anyone finds anything out or a status change plz let me know.

Kel

I got this same message today.. while everyone else got the Path Act message. I’m not sure if it’s and error but I get EITC and I know I’m supposed to get the path act message. Has anyone else message update yet?

Michael

My guess would be you made a minor error on your return. Same thing happened to me last year. I put that I took a standard deduction on my prior return, but I had itemized. It could also be a simple mathematical error on your part.

The irs will fix it if it is minor and then you will get put back in the system and your bars will come back. If you are a weekly this will delay your refund by a week or so unfortunately.

Kate

Happens to me just about every year. Ccalled IRS first year no issues. I wouldn’t worry unless it directs you to do something. You can call IRS and ask if its really bothering you

Joshua
    @joshs1990

Not exactly, it’s normal if it goes down and comes right back up within 24 hours. Mine went down and hasnt came back up. I just got a letter in the mail from the IRS wanting me to send a copy of my 1095a and form 8963(i think) cause I didn’t file it with my tax return cause turbo tax is dumb and never prompted me to file it. Plus I was dumb and filed as soon as I got my w2 instead of waiting to see if i had anything else to file. But pretty much if you had marketplace healthcare and you didnt file a 1095a on your taxes then that would be one reason why your bars are gone. If you didn’t have government crap healthcare then more than likely its just an id verification

Chrys

@mika

This is the normal irs thing that happens when the system is updating. Just check back ever so often for an update, or call in through the automated service for your update if you exceeded the amounts via online

Mika Mika Gallo

I woke up just now to see bars. Gone and same message processing date will be provided. I wonder if I should call to see if any problems.

Akei
    @a-hayes30

Yes happened to me lastnight at 12 midnight..1 bar dissapeared but it was updated this morning with 2 bars and ddd date

Kupkakes

Hello,

Filed 1/2/20
    Accepted 1/22
    EIC, ACTC
    One bar for about two days then “your return is being processed” message until this morning. Now have the Path Act Meesage.
    Transcript successful by phone on yesterday.

Lynne

Same here any updates with you guys yet?

kevinh
    @sprintcupfan88

Happened to me last year. Had one bar for about a week. Disappeared about a week later with the error message your return is still being processed and a DDD will be provided when processed. About a week to ten days later I get the ID verification letter. Did all that and did not get my Refund until the first of April. Hope that does not happen to anyone this year. There were NO MISTAKES on my return

RayC
    @rayman70

the no bars thing is an old hat lol..its very common and happens every year. No worries folks. They are just processing your return. We all just need to be patient. I need my money like yesterday lol..but nothing we can do.

Alan

Checked myself. Still one bar. Using TT Deluxe, fees taken out of refund. Accepted 1/22 after refiling my AGI due to initial rejection. Wonder if I get audited or delayed for that?

jsnow

6:00 am – Just checked again on WMR. Now back to 2 bars, still with a DDD of 1/29/2020. Nothing in my bank. On transcript, listed as cycle 20200405.

PrivateGoat

Early filer
    Your tax return is still being processed. A refund date will be provided when available and the WMR bar disappeared.

havent seen transcript but im assuming that mean they have to approve the amounth but no Deposit as of 1/29 5:43am smh

when does the next DDDs say

jsnow

Mine is giving me an error message or a long message that says that they cannot provide any information on my return. I was accepted 1/21/2020 and had a DDD of 1/29. I checked and last year my deposit hit my bank on a Wednesday. I checked my bank and it wasn’t in yet, but that usually updates after 5 am. I’m super stressed this year, but hopefully all will be ok. Good luck!

jsnow

Same. Maybe it is updating at this time?

Charles

Same. Could just be a glitch

Viewing 40 replies - 1,276 through 1,315 (of 1,315 total)
  • The forum ‘2020 Tax Season’ is closed to new topics and replies.