Will TT have you update if you weren’t affected?

Home Forums General Discussion 2021 Tax Season Will TT have you update if you weren’t affected?

• This topic has 11 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by Mommajess33.
  • Topic Starter
    Mommajess33

So here’s what’s going on I’m very confused by it, the first stimulus came as a paper check which was totally fine no issues. This second stimulus I had assumed would be sent as a check so I wasn’t necessarily worried about anything, then get my payment finally went live. I logged in and saw that they send my second stimulus to a bank account, I logged into my closed cashapp account that I assumed it was sent to and I was right. I saw that on 12/30/2020 $1200 tried to be deposited but failed because the account is closed. On the IRS website it says they’ll be mailing a check if that happens, so again wasn’t really worried it’ll be here within the next 5 weeks. Then I logged into TT on the 12th and they had me update my direct deposit info because they said I was affected and that I’d be getting my stimulus into that account within the next now 1 day. Am I gunna for sure be getting DD???? I’m SO confused.

Viewing 10 reply threads
    • Author
      Replies
        Mommajess33
          thatguy
            @thatguy4u

Anyone got a link to the update your info page? I want to see if i went to the right place. Thanks

Brock
              @brock

I was able to update my dd info early Tue morning. So yeah today would be day 5 and I’ve got nothing. Have you seen or heard if anyone that changed dd info on tt received stimulus on their CashApp dd???

Mommajess33

Because some people who thought they’d be updating their info were told by TT that they weren’t affected so they weren’t able to update.

Mommajess33

Yeah I did but the account the second stimulus was sent to was what I had updated GMP with for the first stimulus. It wasn’t sent to TT or to SBTPG, I don’t get why TT is sayin that I’ll be getting a DD. They did say it was either sent to a closed or suspended account so who knows…

Brock
                    @brock

@Mommajess33 Did you have turbo tax fees taken out of your refund?

Mommajess33

It’s already been 2 weeks and 1 day since it got rejected by my closed account MOMMA NEEDS THE MONEY 😭 I was so excited for this round because I figured they’d have their crap together, they never do.

Mommajess33

Brock mine aren’t either it’s like 1 out of every 5 will post. Annoys me cause I’ve been on here for three years.

Brock
                          @brock

Why tf are my comments not being posted???????????

maximus

you will get a check or a card in the mail in next 2 weeks. I talked to IRS agent today because my DD was sent to closed account.

Mommajess33

Oh I also didn’t receive ANY of the TT emails. They say if they won’t be helping you get a DD they won’t let you update your info, so I’m hopeful, but still confused because my stimulus didn’t get sent to the wrong account. Just a closed one.

Viewing 10 reply threads
                          • The forum ‘2021 Tax Season’ is closed to new topics and replies.