Why is everyone freaking out??

Home Forums General Discussion 2019 Tax Season Why is everyone freaking out??

• This topic has 32 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by Catchflightz.
  • Topic Starter
    Mcrt88

There’s never an update today and a lot of times, even though transcripts post in the IRS system, they do not update for some people.

Every Major WMR update happens either Weds morning or Saturday morning.. Period. It is Friday morning, no need for panic just yet.

I am a PATHER. Last year they told us we would not see an update until the 24th and would not see a DDD until the 28th at the earliest with DD. Last year, I woke up that Friday morning 2/16, to no transcripts or codes, kept checking, and nothing.

But low and behold, I woke up 2/17 with a DDD for 2/22.. So, let’s all try to be patient and see what happens tomorrow. If nothing? we can all lose our minds together :)

Viewing 31 reply threads
    • Author
      Replies
        Catchflightz

You are the most rational person here

Elm

I filed with freetaxusa this year , married filed jointly, and our state and federal were both totally free even with us having to do forms with stocks and dividends. We got our state refund deposited within a week this year. Last year we filed through H&R Block at an office, paid about $500 and had to wait almost just as long for our state as our federal refund, and had to wait days after it was sent to them for them to give us our money. Never again..

Blackwood

I think the big issue is the unknowing. The IRS throws out ambiguous dates and refuses to give out true information. Meanwhile, US the taxpayers, are treated like we’re begging for handouts when it’s our money that was taken out of paychecks that we worked hard for.

1st, it was the PATH Act withholding returns until mid Feb. Mid Feb? It’s not like Feb changes every year. Can we not get a set date like the 15th? If the 15th falls on a Saturday, then process on the Friday before. Sunday? Rollover to Monday. Not hard. And if it’s a leap year, oh well. One day isn’t going to break the bank!

Then notice how all of the E-filing programs changed this year to charge for the simplest of forms added in. Forms we’ve all been filing for a while now. We’re required to file our taxes and we get priced gouged to do it. $39.99 for Fed, oh and then $39.99 for state. Then another fee if you’re living paycheck to paycheck and need to have this deducted from the return. (Screw TT, filed free through HRB online. Money grubby bastards.) I’ve seen some people pay $500 for it to be done. That’s nuts!

I know the shut down affected everything but damn, that’s not our fault. Add insult to injury to Fed workers who weren’t paid and now are being toyed with with their returns along with the rest of us. Ridiculous. Honestly, I think the shut down ended because word traveled up through the grapevine that if people can’t process their returns on top of not getting paid, well, then “You’re going to have a bad time.” Anyone ever play Caesar iii? Lol

I’d be happy just to see a DDD at this point. I’ve been sitting on 1 bar since 1/31. Just want to know what’s going on!

And please, everyone, stop freaking out if someone says they received their DD, or have a date for DD. IRS said 27th, ambiguous! Not set in stone! Last year received my return on the 16th. Depends on your method of deposit! I use a pre-paid, 2 days before. It happens!

😁 just a little longer everyone! We got this!

MISS Jae

Last year for whatever reason, I filed 2/19 and got my deposit on 2/28…
                I think I waited for Path to be over and then it took 8 days. Not bad. Should be next week for sure if we filed before 2/10

Addicted2WMR

lol @ ladywith380

path hater…

wish i can fall asleep right now for the rest of the day just to wake up at 3 am and celebrate my UPDATE

Me

Wwg1wga well said

Jimzzz

CAN WE NOT WITH THIS WALL AND GUN CONTROL BULLSHIT PLEASE?! Seriously go to reddit and shoot your venom. Nobody here gives two shits If you like or dislike our president or your feelings on gun control or if you want a border wall. Keep that shit out of here please

Ladywith380

Lol addicted that was priceless

Wwg1wga

The wall is already being built! This funding is to complete it. There have been 56 National Emergencies declared in recent yrs with 31 still in effect. As far as gun control…good luck with that! Come pry if from me!

Yes donate to the wall on GFM! We already have.

People are freaking out….not really at all, just discussing when and why. Hope all see an update Saturday morning, as that is the norm from past years. Well wishes to all, even Eric.

Addicted2WMR

***** affected **** before everyone jumps down my virtual throat.

Addicted2WMR

Hi everyone! My name is addicted2wmr and I am an addict! I check the website and app constantly knowing that it doesn’t change in the middle of the day. This has effected my day to day activities. I am unable to enjoy time with my family or friends. I become distant. I think my husband is planning on leaving and taking the kids. He says he can’t take it anymore. I NEED HELP. 😢

Amy

In the past 3 years since the PATH act I have received my refund on the 22nd or 23rd before that I got it at the beginning of Feb. I’m assuming it will be the same this year. I believe alot of our fear is because the government is jacked up right now and we have the news media flooding our brains with hold ups, mail behind and government shut downs. Not today Devil not today!

Amy

Lol. This just sucks. Alot of people like to judge those who really need the money. I just had a baby out of work I do not get paid while I’m off and have no time to use so my family relies on this money at this very moment. Not often do we rely on it. So yes waiting to see updates and not having for sure dates can be stressful. And of course it’s not the governments fault for my choices but to hold off for weeks when you have a nation is desperation it can get awfully frustrating.

Eric

The wall is never getting built but I do thank him for setting a national emergency precedent for the next democrat president. I think gun control is up next.

Me

I think everyone should donate their refund to build the wall!

Kimberly
                                          @kimberly

Because this year isn’t going how it might have in this past. I’m not part of the path side of things but I filed 01/10 accepted 01/17 (yes I know they didn’t officially open that day but I was accepted), I ordered both transcripts 01/23 but they were blank upon arrival in the mail, I then my one lost bar (all bars) and etc on 02/08 with still being processed message and have no bad codes or etc. I have had no new update since then.

For a look at why this year is different for me personally I filed on 01/09 last year got accepted 01/22, was approved 01/27/18 and got refund on 01/31/2018. This year is the only year that’s been taking much longer and having bars disappear but I understand maybe the irs is behind or something from the shutdown that occurred.

George

Well said👍

Nina

@mcrt88

FINALLY 🙌🙌 Someone who has common sense..

Levi

I got mine last year I don’t remember dates but I had my deposit and the wmr was still on first bar and money was in my account

Leslie
                                                  @leslie

EXACTLY :)

fjbar75

@Mcrt88

WORD!!!

Smiles011

I actually like this post!! Definitely a “feel good” post…

I enjoy being in this forum to piece together the many tax return theories, etc…. I try to see if I can crack the refund code as a result of what I read here.

Also, I love to see the funny posts people write. If anything, this forum eases the stress for many each tax season.

It does for me, for sure!

All the best, everyone!

Londyn38

@sally hahaha yes it definitely will. I’m a weekly (I’m assuming ….whatever that means) it doesn’t matter what the date is l, I update on Saturday mornings so I’m not understanding why people are going nuts either @mcrt88 it’s JUST the 15th and those messages have never come down the past 2 years until AFTER the 15th. It’s a bit nerve wracking for some especially when they have things to due etc but it’s tax season and it’s always a waiting game. Patience everyone…..hoping everyone has their update tomorrow. I’m not even on Path I’m still on received but I also just filed 2/7 so I probably will just update to a DDD tomorrow.

Rob
                                                          @lurrch

I just checked the last few years of my records. i usually got my DD on a Thursday. So, I assume I will get mine the 21st this year (22 last year). I can hope it will be earlier (and likely will be checking anxiously anyway), but knowing the history I really think it will be next thursday.

Earthqueen1980

Thread sensible!!!

Sally

You think people are freaking out now? Wait until there is no update tomorrow. It’s going to get ugly

Manny

We live in the hyper “instant gratification” era, that’s why people freak out..when it says “usually” “TWENTY ONE DAYS” people want to ignore that and pitch a fit 12 days in, or want to IGNORE the Path guidelines

Mostly this site is fun while anticipating the refund, but there are some threads I just won’t go in due to the absurd nature, name calling, or the same question being asked for the 13th time.

I think I’ll have some ice cream and look forward to a possible update tomorrow 🙂

Keontae

Forum in a nutshell:

https://youtu.be/HX0fIi3H-es

NYMidFam
                                                                    @nymidfamily

That’s far too reasonable.

So, new expectations:

See an update tomorrow, 2/16, for a

DDD of 2/21/2019.

redacted B

I’m staying in this group. You’re more logical and not gone insane just yet. Lol

momjess
                                                                        @momjess

Actually, last year they said we’d get an update on 2/17. And we did.

This year they say we’ll get an update By the 23rd.

Viewing 31 reply threads
                                                                    • The forum ‘2019 Tax Season’ is closed to new topics and replies.