Whole bunch of hoops for my offset with injured spouse and ID verification.

Home Forums General Discussion 2018 Tax Season Whole bunch of hoops for my offset with injured spouse and ID verification.

• This topic has 0 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 6 years ago by Corinne.
  • Topic Starter
    Corinne

Efiled and sent in Injured spouse 1/23/18 with CTC and EIC. Got ID check sent 2/15 on 2/23, completed same day. Path updated for DD 2/28, despite the 9 week estimate. 3/1 path updated to offset message. Called IRS and they could only confirm injured spouse was received. Fast forward to 4/1. Path updated again back to processing your return. Third year with injured spouse always approved same debt, no change. Three times calling IRS. First said 9 weeks from 2/15, second said by 4/4 and last said 2-4 weeks from 3/29/18. Do I have to wait an additional 21 days from the updated path before I get my refund. Or could it show up any day? I do not have a credit or mortage/loan, and mailing takes over a week and a 1 1/2 drive since all we are waiting on moving into our new home is the $ to do so. Anyone in a similar situation?

• The forum ‘2018 Tax Season’ is closed to new topics and replies.