What happens when the 60 day referral for release is up?

Home Forums General Discussion 2018 Tax Season What happens when the 60 day referral for release is up?

• This topic has 1 reply, 1 voice, and was last updated 5 years ago by Spooky.
  • Topic Starter
    Jody M.

We had our return put in the infamous 45 day hold. We waited the 45 days and first thing on day 46 we called and told them to release. The referral for release was put in that day on April 26th. We have STILL not received anything. So today we called to see what sort of information we could get and of course we got the response of “You have to wait the 60 days” and they refused to tell us what would happen if the 60 days came and we didn’t have the return released yet. SO, the question is… what happens if we reach the end of the 60 days and our return still hasn’t been released?

Viewing 0 reply threads
    • Author
      Replies
        Spooky

Well… in my case, after the initial 60 day hold, they sent the letter to release the refund but I was told that they “had another 60 days to release the refund or send me a letter asking for info”,. So now I’m on my second 60 days. Insanity at its finest for sure!

Viewing 0 reply threads
      • The forum ‘2018 Tax Season’ is closed to new topics and replies.