What days does the IRS send deposits?

Home Forums General Discussion 2012 Tax Season What days does the IRS send deposits?

• Topic Starter
    Admin
    IGMR Admin
      @igmr-admin

Below is a pattern we have seen regarding what days people receive deposits:

March 31, 2012 at 11:25 am  (Edit)
      @All, I just reviewed all the recent comments here. (You will be able to search soon too).

There have been “I GOT MY REFUND!!” reports on Mondays, Tuesday, Wednesdays, Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays. This confirms the information I personally was told by a Bank of America rep: “The IRS sends deposit notices on M-F and the deposit will post and become available according to the respective bank or prepaid card posting policies.

The only bank I have heard of posting on a Saturday has been Wells Fargo; this was confirmed by one of our former moderators and detailed information regarding Wells Fargo posting schedule has been provided in the Forum.

Also, their have been a few reports of Walmart’s Greendot prepaid product posting on a Saturday. BOA also told me that deposits are never posted on Saturdays or Sundays for their customers.

If anyone has experience otherwise, please let us know and post it in the forum for other who are searching. For those that have heard only Wednesday and Friday, this I believe, was the IRS’s former policy we have each experienced in past years. According to a report I read on irs.gov summarizing the readiness for implementing the new system, this was a feature that would improve processing times this year.

I believe this info dictactes that is safe to say that you can receive a deposit on any day of the week except Sunday.

• The forum ‘2012 Tax Season’ is closed to new topics and replies.