WELCOME BACK

Home Forums General Discussion 2019 Tax Season WELCOME BACK

• This topic has 5 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 5 years ago by Kristin Gwinn.
  • Topic Starter
    RENEE

WELL ITS ANOTHER YEAR. I LOVE COMING TO THIS SITE 80% OF THE TIME WHEN PPL ARENT BEING MEAN AND RUDE. BUT I WAS WONDERING DID ANYONE FILE DIFFERENTLY THIS YEAR. LIKE I USED TURBO TAX FOR YEAR BUT THIS YEAR IDK THEY WERE NOT HELPFUL SO I USED H&R BLOCK.

Viewing 4 reply threads
    • Author
      Replies
        Kristin Gwinn

I have filed with TaxAct for the last several years, but their fees are getting outrageous, so I discovered FreeTaxUSA. No fee! Filed 1/14, accepted 1/16. 1 bar on WMR and nothing on my transcripts yet, but that’s pretty normal. I don’t have any special credits or anything particularly unusual, so I don’t expect them to touch it before 1/28. We’ll see what happens next week.

Spookyrides

At: Renee Thanks for the advice! Giving Turbo one last chance to get things right this year, then off we go after 15 years +! I don’t mind paying for a quality service, but their so called “ audit protection” sucks! Let’s see if the IRS targets Turbo users yet again. Sigh….

Renee

OMG spookyrides that shit sucks I’ve done my taxes the last five years with TurboTax and this year I really noticed how much their fees was or maybe I just didn’t pay it any mind last year but it was extreme and I believe that my taxes are just simple as just a single mother and three kids very simple nothing extra nothing at it I did have a retirement form but it was super easy but somehow they try to get me to pay way more so I actually did mine with H&R Block this year I didn’t have any problems I needed something done with my retirement form and they were super easy great customer service I didn’t have a problem

Spookyrides

I’m back after getting the blessed audit, two ID verify and the pleasure of having to get an advocate, all while Turbo looked the other way and still took there money in April. We got our refund November 1! Last chance for them this year, and I’m making sure we’re not part of the test batch as that’s who the IRS was targeting last year. I’ve used Turbo for many years, but the pricing sucks and the customer service is non-existent, even when you pay for there silly audit protection (zero help for me!). Good luck everyone!!!

Doug

The same this year as every year, H&R Block. I have been satisfied with them for many years. Waiting for refund and enjoying my annual visit to this site.

Viewing 4 reply threads
              • The forum ‘2019 Tax Season’ is closed to new topics and replies.