Walmart/ Green Dot deposit yet?

Home Forums General Discussion 2017 Tax Season Walmart/ Green Dot deposit yet?

• This topic has 87 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by Ray.
  • Topic Starter
    Renae

Anyone using Walmart/Green Dot for refunds? Are you seeing deposits?

Viewing 86 reply threads
    • Author
      Replies
        Ray

I have had TWO checks and THREE bank deposits rejected from Green Dot. I just,recently acquired the card, loaded it, used it a bit since I was just testing how it works. Then the deposits started being rejected. I find it interesting that THEIR monthly fee goes through just fine.

#nonetoohappywithgreendot

Rodricus Eugene Butler

I had a deposit for march 15th and nothing yet i wonder whats going on

ladyleo

Greendot has been rejecting a lot of refunds this year. This really makes me angry. There is clearly something going on.

K

IRS said it was sent on Thursday the 23rd. As of noon on the 25th we have nothing. Won’t be using Green Dot again.

Tamh

Was to be deposited yesterday and still nothing on card

CrazyAnticipation

I have the Walmart money card as well and it was deposited into my account when I woke up this morning at 7am est. Call the number on the back of the card to check the website didn’t update until this afternoon for mine

Tamh

Anyone get DD from Walmart Money Card today? Mine was for today and still nothing.

koreta gali

the only reason why i chose the walmart card for my dd refund because it says we can get tax refund up to two days early…. well i guess that did not happen…. i wonder if walmart card having issues receiving dd especially on the same day still did not receive anything….

KRun

Still waiting also. Ddd 2/23. I called irs they didn’t see any problems with my refund. All Greendot says is they post when they receive.

KRun

Still waiting also. Ddd 2/23. I called irs they didn’t see any problems with my refund. All Greendot says is they post when they receive.

Tamh

Mine is to be deposited today 2/23 Nothing yet.

koreta gali

i suppose to have my refund post to my card 02/23/17 I am still monitoring if its posted yet but still nothing. I wish i could speak to a live rep to see if they are seeing any pending deposit. Because my husbands credit union received his refund a day early but we both have our refund sent to be post on the 02/23

Always Unhappy at Tax Time :(

My ddd was for 2/23 and I received mine yesterday morning at 630-7 am. *walmart money card / green dot bank. I have the blue card * But I didn’t have fees taken out. I filed for free with turbo tax. So I got my money 2 days early. I hate people that swear you don’t get it early with the walmart money card. I’m just curious about the extra $25 they tell you they will give you for depositing over $500. I got my normal refund amount and haven’t got the $25. Kind’ve the whole reason I even used the moneycard this year. Anyone know when they will give me the extra money?

Renae

2/23. Nothing

Jason

When I spoke with Walmart MC last year they told me that they do not put funds as pending. Once the wire transfer goes through it will show up. This was their words not mine.

We should see it today. I was told they run on west coast time so be patient. It’s coming!!!!!

step

STILL NOTHING FOR ME. DDD 2/23 ON WMR. IT IS GOING TO A WALMART MONEYCARD. I USED TO GET MY PAYROLL DD AT LEAST A DAY EARLY SO THOUGHT FOR SURE IT WOULD BE HERE TODAY…OH WELL… I HOPE IT WILL BE HERE TOMORROW.
                                        REALLY NEED IT AT THIS POINT. HAPPY FOR ALL WHO HAVE RECEIVED AND HOPE I AM NEXT IN LINE LOL

AM88

Anybody that has WMC/GDB that had their fees deducted and money sent this morning, have a pending deposit on their card yet??

Nothing on their for me yet, but I saw some people getting their money yesterday afternoon, so I am hoping to get it later today! Update us if any of you get your money!

Jinni

My ddd is 2/23. Am not seeing anything as of yet on mine so I’m assuming it will be on the exact date they have

Pinguina

My nd just received his refund on Wal-Mart card. Finally!! Good luck everyone!!
                                              filed on 01/24
                                              accepted 01/24
                                              It’s approved 02/18
                                              DDD 02/21
                                              Sbbt updated this morning
                                              Actual deposit 02/21

Jesse

No problem, ill be back to check up on updates on yall.

Renae

Thank you Jesse

Jesse

Guys…Green Dot Bank..Just got my dd…Thank you guys for everything..Wish everyone the best…and hopefully you all get it asap.

Renae

@cas
                                                      The supervisor stated that tax refunds are being processed differently than payroll and social security benefits. They will pay on a prenote in that case.

cas

The money card through walmart does post 2 days early. my normal pay day is Friday and I get my direct deposits on wed afternoons. it comes at all hours of the day. from what I understand, as soon as the money hits its released. so as soon as the irs releases your refunds, and as soon as it hits walmart it will be released. so that could be any hour of the day….

Renae

I paid my fees upfront and I don’t have refund yet. Walmart cs sup states updates are midnight Pacific time tonight and that if the treasury released early on Friday. If released today from treasury then we get refunds on Thurs. …to me this is false advertisement . I had an older card last year and it worked like netspend these newer ones are different. I may as well used my regular bank account. Next year I’m doing netspend those people are in the malls right now.

Jojo

I paid my fees upfront! And still have NOTHING D.D.D OF 2/22 :(

Jesse

Anyone w 2/22 …gotten anything yet? Im still waitinf on mine..hopefully tomorrow

Alli blue

Thank you @Am88 and @Courtney

AM88

@Alli Blue

Yes, if you pay your fees upfront, then there is no 3rd party bank. So, once the IRS releases your funds it goes straight to Walmart Money Card, who then posts it to your account. The people that have already gotten deposits are the people who paid their fees upfront.

To answer your other question, the best way to get money off is to go to any Bank Teller and pull money off, I think you can do up to $1500 /day this way. I know you can also go to any Walmart customer service center, but I don’t know the limit there and am sure it is far less.

Courtney
                                                                    @cgroyon86

@alli blue: we go to the Walmart money center and withdraw our paycheck off of it every two wks when needed I don’t have the greendot though we have their paycard through moneynetwork. T doesn’t cost us to withdraw or reload.

Alli blue

Does anyone know the best way to get all of the funds off of this card?

Alli blue

Ok I’m confused. If you don’t have any fees being taking out of your refund, where does it go after the IRS releases it? And of the IRS releases it would it show up instantly on the Walmart card? I’m annoyed because a few people have received their refunds today on the Walmart card with DDD 2/22 and 2/23.

• #4181441
                                                                        sam

They played us … The advertisement now says faster than a paper check -_-

• #4181428
                                                                          AM88

IF YOU HAVE WALMART MONEY CARD AND YOU HAVE FEES TAKEN OUT:

If SBBT or Republic, etc. gets your refund today, deducts your fees, and has “sent” it over to your bank.. Then you will get your refund tomorrow..

If SBBT or Republic, etc. does not have your refund by the end of day today and it doesn’t show up on their site as saying “sent to your bank” until tomorrow… Then you wont get your refund until the 23rd.

This has been my experience year after year after year…..

• #4181411
                                                                            @strange

My ddd is the 23rd was up all night waiting cuz they said i get it 2 days early hoping it shows up 2day need to pay my rent has anybody gotten their refund on their WMC?

• #4181390
                                                                              Jesse

Yea renae..tomorrow its gotta be there…its gotta lol

• #4181384
                                                                                Renae

Yeah I don’t see the 2 days early advertisement anymore. The reserve released before 10pm Pacific time last night. Therefore some of us didn’t make the cutoff so we will definitely see ours tomorrow. Although Walmart customer service states it post whenever they get it is a lie because they hold it to make one dump at 10pm Pacific time every night.

• #4181191
                                                                                  step

I HAVE A DDD OF 2/23 TO WALMART MONEY CARD BUT STILL NOTHING. I CHECKED AT 7:30AM AND NOTHING WAS THERE. I AM HOPING IT WILL BE THERE IN TONIGHT. I THOUGHT WITH WALMART CARD MONEY GETS DEPOSITED 2 DAY EARLY??! LIES. LOL. EVERYONE WITH A NETSPEND CARD SEEMS TO HAVE RECEIVED THERES ALREADY…SUCKS. HAVING TO WORK AT A FRIENDS HOUSE BECAUSE MY INTERNET IS DOWN. THOUGHT MONEY WOULD BE THERE TODAY.

HAS ANYONE HEARD OF GETTING DEPOSIT LATER IN DAY OR IF IT IS NOT THERE BY THE MORNING ITS NOT COMING?

SUCKS. I WILL USE NETSPEND NEXT YEAR FOR SURE

• #4181123
                                                                                    Jesse

Tpg says its been issued but i dont see it in my acct…does it take a while?

• #4181115
                                                                                      Renae

I have nothing but I’m the 23rd.

• #4180973

My depos tjust posted to my account. Thank god lol go check your accounts!

• #4180933
                                                                                          Jesse

Nothing either

• #4180898
                                                                                            Kdiggzz

0.00

• #4180827
                                                                                              Renae

Nothing

• #4180006
                                                                                                Jesse

@renae
                                                                                                  Wondering the same thing. I think today being the holiday nothing will happen so we wont see the dd till the actual 22 morning. If we get it tomorrow that would be great though. Hoping not but at least we are getting closer.

• #4179936
                                                                                                  Renae

Please don’t feed the trolls today!
                                                                                                    Thank you

• #4179995
                                                                                                    AM88

@renae

I believe that whenever it has been received, that we will see it the NEXT business day.

So, if it received tomorrow the 21st, we wont see it until the 22nd. In my experience, my direct deposits from work and previous refunds have ALWAYS posted between 2AM and 4AM. So, we will see, but I do think that will continue to be the case.

As for people with a 2/22 DDD, if you DO NOT have fees taken out, I believe the money will be sent out tonight and you will receive it between 2AM and 4AM tomorrow the 21st. If you HAVE fees taken out, it will be at that bank (especially SBBT) tomorrow morning, and don’t expect it until the morning of the 22nd. Maybe without the holiday, you would have seen it today, but the holiday has kind of thrown a loop in it.

If your DDD is the 23rd, then just change the 21st/22nd to the 22nd/23rd.

• #4179969
                                                                                                      Renae

Am88
                                                                                                        The wording on wmr is different this year. It is stating ‘by’ instead of ‘on’. I’m thinking that somehow this is making a difference on the ach settlement date. I remember reading on the IRS site that banks will hold refunds from 1-5 days depending on their protocol for handling the amount of transactions occurring this week. What I’m really wondering is if deposits will start to post tonight or do we have to wait for a full business day to see postings of deposits? What are your thoughts?

• #4179953
                                                                                                        AM88

Woowwww… Walter definitely has some issues that he needs to work out. Lol.

On another note, @Jon is right. The Federal Reserve is closed today. Which means that companies can’t “settle” the ACH until they re-open. Even then, some companies wont settle until the “settlement date”.

WMC/GDB DO NOT show funds UNTIL THEY POST. Which means that until the money is actually physically sent out, they will not show it based on the pre-note. Now, I believe that it was confirmed that SOME of the older WM cards DO in fact do this, but a lot of the current ones don’t. However, MOST of them do not show based off of pre-notes and only based off of actually posted deposits.

The IRS always posts their settlement date as the date shown on WMR, now your bank WILL put the money in your account before the settlement date, BUT ONLY IF the money has PHYSICALLY BEEN SENT and has reached your bank and is pending. Then, they will let you use the money, until they settle with the IRS.

Now, SOME banks, SOME pre-paid card, SOME credit unions do post based off of pre-notes and that is why some people are seeing their money pending already. WMC/GDB DO NOT.

Money will not be SENT today, as again, the Federal Reserve is closed. So, IF any WMC/GDB members see any deposits today, it is because they have one of the specific older cards which deposits based off of pre-notes. Otherwise, don’t expect your money until at the VERY EARLIEST the 21st when banks reopen and the 22nd for people with a 23rd DDD.

Every single year I get my return on my WMC and every single year, SBBT has my money the day before my DD and has the FEES taken out, then I receive my money at 2AM or 4AM on my DDD.

• #4179947
                                                                                                          Renae

Last year there was a daily update @10pm Pacific for direct deposits. Today a moneycard rep states you will see direct deposit on your account as soon as they receive the money. Therefore you could see money at anytime throughout the day. As for refunds starting at 10pm Pacific time, they will start to post to your account as long as they were sent on Friday.

• #4179830
                                                                                                            Walker

WhERE the he’ll is our money, I’m mad !!!! Sbtg better update soon , they only do this once a year for God sakes , I will prepay next year , how dare they drag there feet. There website says they don’t delay posting . what they call it then???? HOW HARD IS IT TO ELECTRONICALLY PROCESS AND POST ACH’S. I’M SUPER ANNOYED

• #4179740
                                                                                                              hiloshark

so many untruths and bullshit being spread around this board its amazing.

if your ddd is 2/23 you wont get it on the 24th. the 26th or 20…it will be the 23 late night of the 22nd.

it says that if youre depsoit hasnt hit your acct by say 2/28 to call your bank and see if theres a issue… i.e you could have been offset, your acct info could of been typed in wrong, many other situations.

bottom line. the irs told peopel to expect dd until the 27th simply to just not get hopes up if this week didnt go smoothly with the bank holiday and were covering their ass ass with a well .. we gave you a heads up

• #4179730
                                                                                                                Renae

Nothing yet!

• #4179283
                                                                                                                  Renae

In years prior the IRS would use ” your refund will deposited in your account on blah blah date if not received by blah blah date call the IRS ” . The wording we have is “your refund will be sent to your bank by blah blah date”. Now to me this means we’re sending your money by blah blah date so if monies aren’t sent until Tuesday then it takes1- 2 days for banks to get it. So they’ve been telling us that most of us will not see a refund until the 27th then they are telling the truth. People with the 22nd will see their money probably at the latest Friday and the 23rd the latest would be the 27th.

• #4178788
                                                                                                                    Patrick
                                                                                                                      @patricks

How do you folks go about pulling large amounts of cash from your card. I wanna buy a car and need to pull about 4k off it. I’ve heard some banks will do a pos transaction to pull cash off. any advice is appreciated.

• #4178012
                                                                                                                      Jesse

Yes, sounds about right. On other occassions i have see. Money deposited at noon or just random times..it happens but rarely. Since monday is a holiday…the dd will prolly just show up wednesday am. Lets all keep in touch
                                                                                                                        Though. Thanks guys

• #4178002
                                                                                                                        Renae

We won’t see anything until Tuesday overnight.

• #4177772
                                                                                                                          Jesse

Well, nothing yet. Still ddd the 22. Guess it wii just show up that day.

• #4176929
                                                                                                                            Li

Compiling info from other groups and. Talking to green dot bank
                                                                                                                              2/22 money should be released Today and tonight
                                                                                                                              The bank saod when they receive the money it goes straight to the account. No holding

• #4176873
                                                                                                                              Jojo

I called Wal-Mart card even spoke to a supervisor. After being told by the rep maybe I should have job and not depend on my income tax… that they cant see pending deposits. I have a ddd of 2/22. The supervisor stated to check tomorrow as it takes 24 hours to update. I will never use this card again. They ‘re beyond rude and very hard to understand.

• #4176853
                                                                                                                                Nobody

Not yet…

• #4176693
                                                                                                                                  shawn

My paycheck goes on Walmart card when i had direct deposit into my regular checking account i always got paid Friday morning. With the Walmart card I always get paid at least by Wednesday and sometimes Tuesday night. They update at anytime I’ve gotten my paycheck at midnight, 2am. 6am noon and alot of times about 8pm. Also I just looked and last year my refund went onto my Walmart card at 8:32 pm on a Sunday and i had a Tuesday DDD. Doesn’t mean chit but thats my experience…good luck.

• #4176643

My deposit date is 2/23 and I haven’t seen anything happen as of yet. No deposits, no pending, called and won’t tell me anything. This is crazy. I only got the money card again because they advertise getting it days sooner. I haven’t seen one post that says they got it on their money card yet. Wondering if theyre holding them until the day of. It would be nice to know anyyyyyyyything. At least we finally know out deposit dates tho :D

• #4176445
                                                                                                                                      Jesse

Nothing here either. I have the gobank card…which is green sot bank as well. Last year i received it on the 18th..so Maybe tomorrow? Who knows…..but ill keep you guys posted.

• #4176262
                                                                                                                                        Jcable2

This all depends on which version of the Walmart MoneyCard you have. I have the old premium version that gets early deposits and no fee reloads at Walmart. I get my refund earlier on it each year. I get paid for work on Wednesday and sometimes even Tuesday. Some cards have early deposits and they post as soon as they are told about it and other cards does not have that option.

• #4176174
                                                                                                                                          Renae

-@am88
                                                                                                                                            You’re right! We’re probably looking at the 22nd for our funds. But they did advertise days sooner before tax season. Now there’s advertisement of ” faster than a paper check. I also noticed a different policy concerning disputes for unauthorized charges…take it up with the merchant…which now I won’t use this card for online purchases anymore.

• #4176118
                                                                                                                                            AM88

Right. Some banks update based off of prenotes. Moneycard does not. So, if you have a bank that updates off of prenotes, those are the people getting their refunds early. Otherwise, actual funds wont be released until the 21st-22nd. So, it will post then.

• #4176109
                                                                                                                                              Renae

Walmart claims you get it when they get it. They do not issue funds for prenotes. But they only update overnight.

• #4176084
                                                                                                                                                Kendall Jones

@Christopher how did you file with a preparer or yourself and did you claim any path credits?

• #4176083
                                                                                                                                                  AM88

Last year my refund was scheduled for 2/10 and I got it EXACTLY on 2/10…

I have never got my refund early on my moneycard, unfortunately. :(

• #4176080
                                                                                                                                                    Renae

Nothing! If you have a dd for Wed then green dot should receive today and update overnight. Also I heard treasury is processing all through the weekend.

• #4176056
                                                                                                                                                      Heather

Any new updates yet?

• #4175414
                                                                                                                                                        jovi

Just called the treasury and mine has still not been released from the irs. :( I filed 1/21 acceptez 1/23 processed 2/13 846 release code yesterday afternoon and still has not been sent to treasury. Wth I am a really early filer and people who filed in Feb are already getting their dd. My dd date is the same as theirs. 2/22.

• #4175400
                                                                                                                                                          Renae

Nothing yet! Maybe tonight we will get deposits. I haven’t seen any post of people receiving deposits on Walmart.

• #4175015
                                                                                                                                                            Christopher Mosley

Absolutely in love with the fact that I am hearing people post about getting their returns back, even those that filed in February. Meanwhile here I am, someone who filed on Jan 25th, waiting 24 days now. Have no clue what’s going on because WMR isn’t telling me anything other than processing and have this awesome Walmart card that can’t tell me if any deposits are pending or if anything is coming at all. Turbo Tacx apparently has no way to tell me if anything is happening other than its Accepted since 01/25. So I’m completely in the dark and in desperate need of these funds, with no clue when it’s coming or if it is even coming at all …..

It would sure be nice to be able to at least see that it had been sent or at least have some way of knowing if the banks for TT had it piped through their systems or literally any kind of idea what is going on at all….

• #4174959
                                                                                                                                                              jovi

Nothing yet my wmr updated back to bars and a dd of 2/22

• #4174902
                                                                                                                                                                Julie T

I am using Green dot. I havent seen anything. Im so frustrated. Im going crazy. Lesson learned..to not count on anything unless its in your hands. :0(

• #4174828
                                                                                                                                                                  PatrickS

nothing yet. filed with tt 01/06/16 ….. for those wondering walmart greendot has always been quick about it in the past usually next day at worst,

• #4174773
                                                                                                                                                                    Renae

Keep us posted

• #4174642
                                                                                                                                                                      Synelyse
                                                                                                                                                                        @synelyse

I just called HRblock and they said I’m pending for deposit on the 19th, but I may see it sooner. I’m hoping for tomorrow since it’s going on my walmart card. Will post back with any updates.

• #4174628
                                                                                                                                                                        ladyleo

Nothing yet.

• #4174576
                                                                                                                                                                          CrazyAnticipation

I just switched to the Walmart money card this year from my net spend I do know my payroll shows up 2 days before our actual payday but I don’t know anything about tax deposits… Here’s to seeing deposits soon

• #4174555
                                                                                                                                                                            Christopher Mosley

Nothing… But i can say that the particular card has zero access to pending deposits, either online or through customer service they can only see posted transactions, unlike a normal bank that can see pending transactions.

• #4174554
                                                                                                                                                                              Renae

I’m in central time zone, last year it was about 4am. I think they only drop once a day, right?

• #4174549

Also waiting to see something. Wish I could figure out when they update. I know that we won’t see anything pending though :/

• #4174547
                                                                                                                                                                                  Renae

Heather
                                                                                                                                                                                    Thanks for responding! Let us know if and when you actually see something on green dot.
                                                                                                                                                                                    Enjoy your evening!🙂

• #4174539
                                                                                                                                                                                    Heather

I haven’t received anything yet😔

Viewing 86 reply threads
                                                                                                                                                                                  • The forum ‘2017 Tax Season’ is closed to new topics and replies.