‘Under review. Nothing you can do. Starting 3/9…’

Home Forums General Discussion 2020 Tax Season ‘Under review. Nothing you can do. Starting 3/9…’

• Topic Starter
    Kate
      @dodgegirl21

Got told I’m on a 60 day review. That doesn’t even start until 3/9. Cp05 letter. Talked to a guy a few days ago from the irs who told me that my review was started before, that I should have received a letter already.. They just had to verify the kid credits. Now I’m being told the review hasn’t even started, the letter won’t be sent until the 9th, to wait 60 days after the 9th, there’s nothing I can do, and there’s zero chance of getting my return before then. Calling a tax advocate won’t do any good either, she says. Also, after 60 days, I’ll either have my return taken off hold, or else get another letter. Yippee…

Viewing 17 reply threads
    • Author
      Replies
        Carrie
          @cadkins85

Filed 1/24 accepted 1/27…pather here so I knew not to check til mid Feb. Friend who filed a week before me got her’s on the 22nd so I figured wait a week for mine. Got my transcripts yesterday and saw I had a 971 notice issued for 3/9. Called IRS was told my employer never submitted my wages..wait for letter then a 60 day review after receiving it..lady changed it to 45 days during the call. No change as of today so guess I’m waiting it out.

ProudFatherOF1

@missy I wouldn’t stress too much. I would wait until mar 2nd to see if anything comes in the mail if not then see what happens next weekend. I’m a weekly as well so I definitely catch your drift. Ppl that stated the IRS told them they’re under review still got DDD for the following week or weekend

Missy

@proudfatherof1

I have called the irs 3 different times and got 3 absolutely different stories. First one said accuracy check if anything is needed I will know after the 6o days. Then 2nd person said I was in audit for eic and that I have a letter issued for 3/2 that will explain what they need. Then called again and was told 60 day review for unspecified reason. No letter sent doesnt see anything wrong on my end just a random pick. Idk what to think

ProudFatherOF1

@missy I haven’t read a post from anyone stating that they had a take action so far. Most ppl are getting their review info from a rep @ IRS but then come to find out they aren’t under review (most not all) so if WMR says take action then that’s a ball field I know nothing of. My best guess is to call IRS come Monday and see what steps you have to take to resolve that issue. Hope that helped. Praying for your situation

Missy

Did anyone wmr actually say under review take action and still got a ddd. Or how did you find out you was in review. I have the take action under review caller 3 times got 3 different answers. But told I have a letter issue for march 2nd so could this mean I’m in the next batch of ddd for next weekend. I know I am a weekly and I filed 2/2 accepted 2/2 through turbo have the eic. Please any insight would be great.

Cici

I also was told the samething wait for my cp05 letter dated for march 9 i called yesterday and this morning i wake up with an ddd of 3/4

Ac dave

I just got a ddd of 3/4 after getting a 60 verification letter…good luck yall.

Kate
                        @dodgegirl21

I can’t view my transcripts. So I don’t have that bit of info available. Here’s hoping something good happens.

Twinkle33

You may get a date during the updates that might happen tonight. Im just really believing that the IRS screwed some things up this year. There are just too many people that got this review letter, but are still seeing deposit dates on their transcripts.

Kate
                            @dodgegirl21

I recommend an advocate. I was able to contact one today and finally got answers. It won’t speed up the process but it did give me peace of mind for sure. Good luck everyone!

Elca
                              @lcar

Yup! I’m going to have to call a tax advocate soon. I’m a victim of identity theft and I’m getting so sick of the IRS. First they boot me out of the system for someone claiming to be me. Now they boot me out for actually being me!! I’m so over this.

Renee
                                @fartparty

Check your transcripts folks. Some of us have updated! I have had “zero” movement on WMR & transcripts – finally got a refund date 3/4. I checked at 4:50 am EST.

SteveD

Get a tax advocate and claim hardship. Even with one it’ll take 3 or so weeks for them to complete their work for you, but when I was under review last year I got my DDD on 3/27. I had to fax paystubs and permission to contact employer.

Kate
                                    @dodgegirl21

I’m hoping it’s a worst case scenario that somehow ends in a short wait and fast update with answers and a deposit. Thanks for all of the support. I hope y all get your dates and deposits soon!

jcn83

My CSR said and I quote: “It may not take that long but you should know something within the 60 days.” I’m convinced that they don’t know much of what they are talking about. I’ve heard like 15 different stories so I’m preparing for the case that yours is the right one or worse. If I get it early then nice surprise.

ValerieOK
                                        @valerieok

@Kate
                                        I’m so sorry :-( I’m not under review that the CSR could see, but I’m “still processing” so I feel your pain on that level. But to be told you have absolutely NO chance of getting it before the 60 days are up must be maddening. Hang in there!

Kate
                                          @dodgegirl21

I got told my review won’t even start until the 9th of March. That there is zero chance of getting it before then. I filed 1/27 and it was accepted that evening. I checked and rechecked every input. Ugh.

JazzThee

In the same situation as you, but my 60 days started on 2/20.. I’ve yet to receive a letter. I’ve seen someone on here say that they were under review but their funds are being released the 1st week of March…

Viewing 17 reply threads
                                        • The forum ‘2020 Tax Season’ is closed to new topics and replies.