TurboTax: We Won’t Be Able to E-file Your Return…Error

Home Forums General Discussion 2021 Tax Season TurboTax: We Won’t Be Able to E-file Your Return…Error

• Topic Starter
    Erica
      @tryingtopatientlywait

Anyone else having the same issue using your 2019 look back…..

We Won’t Be Able to E-file Your Return
      It looks like you have a tax situation in your federal return that makes it ineligible for e-filing, according to IRS rules.

Here are the details:
      Your Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) is based on non-documented earned income.
      Don’t worry, even though you are unable to e-file your

Viewing 4 reply threads
    • Author
      Replies
        Amanda
          @virgogirly36

So I had this issue, I had to google it. If you had info in boxes 14 like health insurance or anything like that make sure you didn’t pick tax exempt as soon as I switched it I could file

Kim

My fiancé had this. We printed and sent a paper return with the same exact numbers. Expect a delay but I’m confident that the numbers are right.

kj123

I literally had the same issued filed with tax slayer and no longer had that problem. PLUS IT WAS FREE 100%

Erica
                @tryingtopatientlywait

@LambFran I chatted with live support and it’s a known issue. I was told that TT is working with IRS to have the issue resolved. It’s happening due to the ‘look back’ for 2019 income in combination with filing unemployment (1099-C). I’m not doing anything wrong b/c the rep took over my screen and went through my return. At this point, it’s either wait until the issue is fixed or mail my return.

LambFran

These are the most common issues with Earned income-

More than One Person Claimed the Child
                  Social Security Number or Last Name Don’t Match
                  Married and Filed as Single or Head of Household
                  Over or Underreporting Your Income or Expenses

Sounds like you might have had one of these issues in your 2019 tax return that the IRS probably didn’t disclose until now

Viewing 4 reply threads
              • The forum ‘2021 Tax Season’ is closed to new topics and replies.