Turbo Tax Filers

Home Forums General Discussion 2015 Tax Season Turbo Tax Filers

• This topic has 101 replies, 20 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by DonnaD.
  • Topic Starter
    NYCteachermom

Has anyone filed through TT and been accepted yet? I filed 1/14 and still pending.

Viewing 100 reply threads
    • Author
      Replies
        DonnaD

I was getting nervous because this is the longest it’s ever taken for me to go from “Returned Received” to “Return Approved” for reference I filed 1/29/15 and return was received the same day. So I did some digging and found a number for the IRS (1-800-897-3315) I had no hold time and explained to the person what was going on and she said “oh I am showing a deposit date of 2/11/15” hope this helps!

Amanda

I filed through TT on the 20th, accepted that same day, approved today, and refund date is on or before the 30th. Good luck!

taxesqa15
              @taxqa15

filed on friday 1/23 and not accepted yet. in past years was accepted within 24 hours

CarolinaGirl27910

Filed on 1/24. Accepted 1/24.

tswan20
                  @tswan20

They do deposits any day of the week. Last year I got mine on a Thursday and my hubby got his on a Tuesday

Ivegotbillsbillsbills

Filed with TT 1/15 accepted 1/20. Same from yesterday only 1 bar on WMR.

Does anyone know what day of the week they deposit? Thurs or fri??

gtjib

Let’s hope that is a good sign tswan.

iwannashop

This is my first year using TBT but i don’t even know what that is.

tswan20
                          @tswan20

For the past few years I never got my audit protection certificate until after I received my refund. Today I checked my email and it was there. Anyone get theirs?

Ellen

I filed on the 15th was accepted on the 16th

Brad F

I filed with Turbotax on the 19th and was accepted on the 20th.

Kathi

I filed through TT on the 22nd and was accepted on the 23rd…..TT emailed me saying to expect my refund between 1-24 and 2/13

ryan

Calm down, even if you filed early the irs will not even look at your return until at earliest 1/20 even if it was accepted earlier

Steve

I filed with Turbo Tax on 1/12. IRS accepted 1/13. WMR shows status as accepted. No DDD yet on IRS site but Turbo Tax has a deposit date of 1/25 thru 2/11.

Kim

I filed on 1/22 via TT online. Federal was accepted like an hour later, state was accepted overnight. TT is giving me DDD dates of 1/23-2/12 and WMR is still on the first bar, but I have the Tax Info 152 thingy. I’m hoping we see money this coming week, either federal or state (state usually deposits first).

Natalie

Filed 22nd January accepted 22nd January. No ddd yet, but shows tax topic 152

Memacs62173

i filed on txt on the 13 and was accepted 30 min later. I had one bar on wmr. Then on the 18th it disappeared, it has yet to reappear.

NYCteachermom

Ok so i just checked the irs website and my bars are gone. If memory serves me correctly this is a good thing. We might be getting our refund even sooner than we think. Keep your fingers crossed.

Patti

OK…update! Checked TT again just for the hell of it and DDD is gone. The section is blank! Freaked a bit and looked on WMR and everything looks about the same. Although, noticed Tax Topi 152 listed under everything.

This will be the first time in two years I won’t have an offset due to Federal student loans! I had one whole refund taken away and partial last year. I’m praying nothing pops up out of the blue (have called hotline!).

Kray Love

I filed on the 21st, was approved in a hour. I got a email today saying I was approved through TT and to start tracking my refund. The TT tracker said that I should have a deposit between 1/22 and 2/11

Katie5295

I file through TT at about 7 am 1/22/2014 and got accepted at 8:30 am by the IRS. Finally after all my trouble with TaxAct. And in case anyone was curious TT also gave me a bigger refund.

Patti

Straight from the site:

Received by TurboTax | 01/21/15 09:01:30 PM
                                                    Your return has been received. You can expect to receive an email acknowledgment within 24-48 hours, indicating whether or not your e-file was accepted.

Sent to Tax Authority | 01/21/15 09:05:21 PM
                                                    The filing has been transmitted to the agency and the agency has accepted (but not acknowledged) the filing. The system is now waiting for an acknowledgment message from the agency regarding the filing.

Accepted | 01/21/15 09:16:42 PM
                                                    The filing has been successfully acknowledged by the agency.

I’ve been provided a DDD via TT of February 20th, but I think this is a generic date. Typical from TT. I truly believe I’ll be seeing my refund 2/6.

Anonymous

Filed mine 1/8 accepted 1/12 so I should have my refund!! Lol

Ash

I filed my return jan 8 and didn’t offer me form 1040a or anything. Guessing it was still software from last year and now you have to file it when you try to do it. My return was already accepted by irs on 12th what now?

quietstorm3179
                                                          @quietstorm317

I filed with TT on 1/20 still pending

Bianca

We filed yesterday with turbo tax.. got the generic been sent message.. we opted for text and email and 30 minutes later got the text and email saying the irs accepted.. checked the wmr and it had one bar no did or anything just processing. ..no state here in florida

KTrac08

Filed through TT 1/17… Still pending… I don’t think they have even sent some of them to the IRS yet… smh

Brad

Same thing for me too

Anonymous

TT now showing a refund date of January 21st to February 10th

Jennnnnnnifer

I filed with TT 1/15. EIC, 2+ dependents, I have the school crap too. It was accepted 1/20……still 1 bar on WMR and TT giving me date of 2/20

NavyWife2001
                                                                      @navywife2001

My husband files today with TT 1/21/2012 accepted by the IRS 1/21/2015

Anonymous

Filed 1/19 accepted email from TT on 20th and showing accepted in WMR. Hearing rumors of possibly Monday the 26th for DD??? If so that would be sweet!

• #4093077
                                                                        Anonymous

Filed on the 17th with to and accepted today

• #4093032
                                                                          jakeinga

Filed late on the 18th, got acceptance notice from tt an hour ago. Now I try to remember to be patient

• #4093019
                                                                            MCRT88

I filed with TT Deluxe on 1/9, got federal accepted 1/12, state accepted 1/13, and WMR has 1 bar, refund amount and “Tax Topic 152″.
                                                                              However, I had the 8960 form in my return and I was concerned last night because I saw that the “fix” was to enter all zero’s or delete the form (I entered 1.0000 on line 4 and 0 on the other line). I called TT Support last night and asked if this would effect my return in anyway, if I would have to re-file or if my refund would be delayed.. She ran through the regular spew and then stopped, actually talked to me like a person, was extremely nice, pulled up a bunch of info on it and then asked me for my SSN and said that they can see what has been processed so far by the IRS. She told me that my return was ACCEPTED all the way across the board, that there were no issues and that the only thing left for the IRS to do is issue a DDD. That they will not start issuing DDD’s until at least 1/20 and that I should see a DDD within 24-72 hours after “Tax Season” officially opens. So fingers crossed that I wake up to a DDD tomorrow or the next day!! Based off of last years Early filers and DDD, it could be as early as next week! I will be hoping, if not, the earliest I have seen is the 5th and that isn’t far!

• #4093010
                                                                              Dan

Just got the official “Accepted” email from Turbotax!

• #4093007
                                                                                Christy

Filed TT 1/19.. no email from TT but went to WMR and it has been accepted! :)

• #4092993
                                                                                  Dan

Just checked WMR for giggles and guess what? We’re in there with one bar and processing! That means we’ve been accepted, right? Even though TT is still showing pending?

• #4092989
                                                                                    Stuckwituforever
                                                                                      @stuckwituforever

I filed 1/13. No update/email/text from Turbo Tax.But am able to log onto WM and see it was received and Processing. 1 bar with TT 152.

• #4092987
                                                                                      Dan

All of these acceptance emails are getting my hopes up! Filed 1/18, so hopefully I’ll get mine soon and not be glitched!

• #4092985
                                                                                        Corey B.

E-filed with TT on 1/16/15. Just received my acceptance email and text around 11:30am EST on 1/20/15! It’s been a crazy few tax years. Had to catch up on some missed years and payoff some offsets. This year– free and clear! Im a single dad and really need a break– planning a cruise! Need my DDD ASAP!!

• #4092984
                                                                                          Buster

Filed on 17th with Turbo Tax (No EIC or Glitch), went from pending to accepted about 15 minutes ago. IRS is showing received (one bar) and Turbo Tax is giving refund window of 21st to Feb 10th. Good Luck to all other Turbo Tax filers.

• #4092980
                                                                                            Brubraja

About the TT glitch concerning the 1040A with EIC for 2+ dependents…..I thought I was part of that glitch, filed a 1040A and had all of the other criteria, I had filed on 1/16 and have been “Pending” ever since. So, I thought I was part of that glitch, I just received an email from TT 2 minute ago saying my return was accepted by IRS. So, was the 1/22/15 resubmit date going around just a hoax? Just wanted everyone to know that today is the 20th, official open date of IRS and mine was accepted today, so, maybe this whole glitch problem wasn’t true???

• #4092978
                                                                                              Anonymous

I was just accepted via TT also. I filed 1/14. They’ve already refunded my fees so that’s a plus.

• #4092977
                                                                                                NYCteachermom

Filed with TT on the 14th and ACCEPTED just now.

• #4092966
                                                                                                  Dan

I’m a “glitcher” with TT this year. I contacted them via FB and here’s the reply I received. “Sorry for the delay, Daniel. I have received your email and after looking into this further for you, it does appear that your tax return is one that is affected by this. However, there is no action necessary on your part. Your return will be automatically resubmitted on January 22nd or sooner.”

I then asked why we weren’t notified, will this delay my refund, what does “on the 22nd or sooner” mean, and how we will know that it has been resubmitted. This is their reply: “I completely understand your concerns and frustration, Daniel. I would like to sincerely apologize for the delay of information regarding this error. As of right now, this will not delay when you will receive your tax refund. Also, It is never a good idea to transmit two returns in a given tax year. I would like to reassure you that this will be taken care of and your tax return will get submitted to the IRS. The reason the date to be resubmitted is January 22nd or sooner, is because this is when the IRS expects to have the issue resolved so the return can be submitted successfully. You can stay up to date on the status of your return, by following the link below.”

• #4092932
                                                                                                    Anonymous

I was told to resubmit my return on 1/22 and they promised to refund my fees I paid. This conversation took place 1/17 with Turbo Tax. I just received my refund of the fees I paid yesterday. It’s just a waiting game. I wasn’t trying to get accepted early but inquired with them due to my file date. Glad I did.

• #4092928
                                                                                                      NYCteachermom

What I read on the IGMR facebook page

TurboTax I can’t apologize enough for any
                                                                                                        confusion to this point. Our goal has
                                                                                                        always been and will always be to make all
                                                                                                        aspects of filing taxes as simple and easy
                                                                                                        as possible.
                                                                                                        I will do my best to be as clear as possible.
                                                                                                        We identified an issue that affected some
                                                                                                        returns. These returns were only the
                                                                                                        following: 1040a claiming the Earned
                                                                                                        Income Credit with two dependents or
                                                                                                        more. Not those pieces independently, but
                                                                                                        that specific situation only
                                                                                                        The issue has resulted in many of these
                                                                                                        specific returns being held in a pending
                                                                                                        status until the update to correct them has
                                                                                                        been deployed. This update is in the
                                                                                                        process of being deployed and any
                                                                                                        affected filers will be able to re-transmit
                                                                                                        once completed on January 22nd
                                                                                                        f you meet the situation described above
                                                                                                        and your return is still pending, our agents
                                                                                                        are more than happy to look into your
                                                                                                        transmission record to verify the status of
                                                                                                        your return via private message. We will
                                                                                                        also do all that we can to make your
                                                                                                        experience as spectacular as possible.
                                                                                                        Dallas-
                                                                                                        2 hours ago

• #4092897
                                                                                                        Tamara

Filed 1/13/2015 accepted same day. Went through TurboTax had no fees so I don’t have to go through SBBT. I have the Netspend Premier card and recieved my Missouri refund today 1/19/2015. No updates on federal return yet.

• #4092891
                                                                                                          Anonymous

How are those of you TT users having to refile 1-22 finding out they have to refile 1-22?

I’ve been pending on TT since 1/15 but I didn’t think anything of it because the season doesn’t officially open until tomorrow.

Are you getting an email or what?

• #4092884
                                                                                                            Kim

Hi all… Filed TT 1/15.. Accepted 1/16… We’ll see what happens next. Good luck every one.

• #4092879
                                                                                                              jakeinga

first post this year, have been patient so far, and will continue to be.

So far it looks like nothing of any importance has happened yet, just the early filers getting antsy. Myself, I filed with TT yesterday evening, took the 10% Amazon offer on part of my refund, and expect a refund around 2/6. Haven’t been accepted, but didn’t expect to be yet, they don’t officially open until tomorrow. It will come soon enough, and a few extra days will give me more time to figure out how to spend it (yeah, right, I have it spent twice over already).

Good luck and much patience to those who need it bad.

• #4092872
                                                                                                                mekacali

Hello everyone last year I had a big headache with my refund I’m giving myself until Friday to file I’m not going to have my return used as a genny pig in that test batch don’t won’t that nightmare this year good luck everyone…

• #4092870
                                                                                                                  taylor

I filed with turbo tax and they are excellent i filed on January 16 and excepted on january 17 i just have to wait until they open on january 20

• #4092868
                                                                                                                    Kay

Filed on 01/16…accepted 01/16..WMR shows 1 orange bar. Not expecting nothing to happen until the 20th. Good Luck this year, last year was a nightmare.

• #4092857
                                                                                                                      Anonymous

Filed January 17th……no update yet

• #4092852
                                                                                                                        Anonymous

Apparently I’m a part of the glitch. They said my return wI’ll have to be resent on 1/22.

• #4092841
                                                                                                                          Lisa Jo

Filed on 1/14. Accepted 1/16. And the wait is on!

• #4092835
                                                                                                                            Anonymous

Filed on 8th accepted on 12th!!!! Psyched hopefully soooooon……

• #4092809
                                                                                                                              Aspis

@NYCteachermom — Im glad to do so! We all need a little reassurance, right? :-) I know I do!

Question: does anyone know what, why, and how they could possibly not approve a refund? Has anyone been received then NOT ACCEPTED? What happens? Is it different than a usual audit situation? Also, is it typos, etc. that cause this, or bigger things?

I always stress so hard until I see that Approved bar. So I thought discussing the unliklihood of it might help, lol.

• #4092807
                                                                                                                                titlalways

Yes @michelle that is what it means,no bars is a sign of processing, next step if no issues are found will be refund approved with a ddd. I don’t expect any changes until after 1/20

• #4092802
                                                                                                                                  michelle

Does Where’s My Refund always display my refund status with the tracker showing three steps?
                                                                                                                                    No. In some cases the tracker graphic will not be shown if your return is being reviewed prior to step two: “Refund Approved,” and instead an explanation or instructions will be provided depending on the situation. This can happen even if you previously checked Where’s My Refund and it showed the status as “Return Received” along with the tracker. In these cases be assured that we have your tax return and we are processing it. Please follow the directions provided by Where’s My Refund?. Otherwise if we need more information we will contact you – usually by mail. If we send you a letter about your return, please follow the instructions in the letter as soon as possible.

I read this on the irs website, does this mean if your bars dissapeared on WMR that this is what is going on?

• #4092798
                                                                                                                                    Becky

I filed TT on 1/10/15 and was accepted on 1/12. I’ve noticed many people from Arkansas who filed after me already got their state refund. I’m in Arkansas too and haven’t gotten mine. My federal still has one bar. What do you think is going on?

• #4092797
                                                                                                                                      Danna

Federal/state Missouri filed 1/16 at 8am, both were accepted by 5 pm. 152.

• #4092792
                                                                                                                                        Anonymous

Filed 1/13 and got accepted today

• #4092791
                                                                                                                                          waitinginga
                                                                                                                                            @waitinginga

Filed on 1/14 with TT and still in PENDING mode too. Everytime I log into WMR I get this message

We cannot provide any information about your refund. You must wait at least 24 hours after you get the acknowledgement e-mail that your tax return was received by the IRS

Please read the following information related to your tax situation:
                                                                                                                                            Tax Topic 152, Refund Information

Makes no sense. Just got to wait until Tuesday I suppose. My hope is that the 21 days started the 14th and not the 20th. **crossing my fingers**

• #4092785
                                                                                                                                            Crystol9664

I filed on the the 14th and got accepted on the 14th. I filed my fiances today and was accepted today! I filed both through tax act

• #4092781
                                                                                                                                              Anonymous

I’m not expecting anything until 1/20, however I didn’t get my acceptance email last year until like 7:30 at night.

• #4092780
                                                                                                                                                Twinz+2
                                                                                                                                                  @vktwinz

Yes, I filed on 1/9 and was accepted on 1/12. I was accepted on 1/12.

• #4092779
                                                                                                                                                  Anonymous

I filed on 1/8 sent to IRS on 12th. I am still pending. I did my moms taxes on the 14th hers was accepted today. Can anyone tell me why mine has not been accepted yet?

• #4092778
                                                                                                                                                    Anonymous

Filed tt yesterday at noon excepted today at 1:30.

• #4092777
                                                                                                                                                      NYCteachermom

@Aspis you are giving me hope lol

• #4092774
                                                                                                                                                        Aspis

Also, I had fees taken out as well. That has never affected my refund whatsoever.

• #4092773
                                                                                                                                                          Aspis

Hi Guys,

Ok, I filed with TT on the 14th at about 9pm. Just got accepted this morning. :-D So no you all don’t have to wait for the 20th if you filed after the 12th, as I filed on the 14th. I had to wait until my forms were ready or I would have filed way before that! I have one bar on WMR, with Tax Topic 152. Fingers crossed.

• #4092772
                                                                                                                                                            NYCteachermom

The same with me. I had fees taken out and my money was still there on time.

• #4092770
                                                                                                                                                              Anonymous

I have never had my return sent to my bank late when having fees deducted from my refund. SBTPG has always recieved my money the day before my DDD and its sent to my bank on the DDD given by the IRS.

• #4092769
                                                                                                                                                                Brubraja

I had so much fun last year following my and other people’s refund. I remember the crazy, wacky stories from last year. It was great! I had filed early last year and was early accepted and received my refund exactly on the date that TT said I would. I do not have any TT fees taken from my refund so I got mine the exact date that TT predicted. Remember that if you have any TT fees taken from your refund, you will get your refund approximately 3 days after your DDD date given through the IRS website. Some people either do not know this or seem to forget year after year. Luckily, I do not have any outstanding bills and no major home projects to work on so my refund is being saved and a little being spent on a cruise in March. I wish everyone a smooth Tax Season!!!

• #4092767
                                                                                                                                                                  Anonymous

File TT on 1/13 (free fed free state OH) just got accepeted email…

TT Tracking STATUS SAYS….

Jan 17 – Feb 6
                                                                                                                                                                    EXPECTED FEDERAL REFUND DELIVERY

Your federal return was accepted January 16 in the refund amount of $(2847). That makes you one step closer to getting your refund!

9 times out of 10, the IRS issues refunds in less than 21 days from when a return gets filed. Paper check refunds may take several weeks to receive by mail

• #4092763
                                                                                                                                                                    titlalways

That would be great if it were true!…Just seems odd that refunds would issued before filing even officially opens….and tomorrow is Saturday but who am I to steal her joy…lol…We can dream though right??!!!

• #4092762
                                                                                                                                                                      Cindy
                                                                                                                                                                        @cindy

SWEET ! How awesome would that be. But as we all know there are always people who try and blow smoke up our butts and get us all bent outta shape wondering why we haven’t got ours yet. I hope it’s true and I hope we all see a fast refund cycle this year but just keep in mind that it’s just getting started so don’t freak just yet. .. :)

• #4092760
                                                                                                                                                                        jadedangel39

There is a woman on the TT Facebook page that said she was accepted on the 12th and that she received an email from TT about an hour ago telling her Congratulations and that her refund would be deposited tomorrow. The TT Facebook rep congratulated her for it. Not sure if it is accurate but that is what is posted.

• #4092759
                                                                                                                                                                          titlalways

Filed 1/12, Accepted 1/13, WMR one bar w/ all info and Topic 152 on 1/14 & 1/15, This morning bar disappeared and Tax Topic 152 still showing…

Last year after a few anxious days of no bars, they showed back up with a DDD listed. I didnt file early last year though but right when the IRS opened up. I’m praying this just means they have worked our returns (those of us with the bar gone) and are waiting to the official open date of filling on 1/20 to push through the next update…Its to early to stress and panic, lets just share information and encourage happy outcomes!!

• #4092758
                                                                                                                                                                            NYCteachermom

Yea it looks like everyone that filed through TT before the 12th got accepted. Everyone else is going to have to wait until the 20th.

• #4092757
                                                                                                                                                                              Kaci

We filed ours on Monday with TT..nothing yet…

• #4092756
                                                                                                                                                                                NYCteachermom

That’s definitly the best thing to do

• #4092753
                                                                                                                                                                                  Anonymous

I messaged tt. I don’t want to change anything and screw it up

• #4092751
                                                                                                                                                                                    NYCteachermom

That’s wierd @smat. I am also in NYC and filed federal on 1/14 and just did my state this morning and everything went through perfectly.

• #4092750
                                                                                                                                                                                      Anonymous

I filed my federal early on TT and it was accepted early for testing. I could not file state because NY was not ready until today. I just tried to file NY and it won’t let me because it says I have to fix my federal return and what I need to fix is the acceptance/file date to at least the 20th. Anyone else with similar issue for state on TT?

• #4092731
                                                                                                                                                                                        Anonymous

I filed 1/14 and sti pending. My return has not been accepted.

• #4092724
                                                                                                                                                                                          Michael

Filed through TT on 1/11. Federal was accepted on 1/12. State was just accepted earlier this morning. Now it’s a waiting game.

• #4092723
                                                                                                                                                                                            NYCteachermom

It seems like everyone was accepted on the 12th. I hope they begin accepting more people and I didnt miss the day the IRS used TT filers for the test batch.

• #4092722
                                                                                                                                                                                              NYCteachermom

I think the first day to get the money will still be the 5th.

• #4092721
                                                                                                                                                                                                NYCteachermom

Kimberly RuizTurboTax

February 9, 2014 at 7:55pm · Harrisburg, PA · 

Usually when you receive the topic 152 message you will receive your tax refund within the next 10-14 days. Topic 152 is a code that the IRS uses to tell the status of each group of refunds. 151 says you are under an audit. 160 says that your refund has been deposited. 161 says your refund has been mailed out to the recipient. 171 means that the IRS is still processing your refund. The code number 149 is the one you do not want to see. 149 means that your refund has been rejected. And last but not least, THE ONLY NUMBER THAT A PERSON DOES NOT WANT TO EVER SEE IS ” TOPIC 148 “. Topic 148 means that the individual or individuals filing there taxes with the IRS are under a fraud alert and are being subjected to an audit followed by a Identity Fraud, Tax Fraud,and Attempted Larsony of the Government of the United States and is punishable up to 25 years in prison.

• #4092720
                                                                                                                                                                                                  Cindy
                                                                                                                                                                                                    @cindy

I filed with TT on the 7th around 8pm and was accepted on the 12TH. Mine still says pending as of right now… I would love beyond words to get a dd b4 the 1st but if the 21day rule is correct that will be the 2nd so I can live with that to lol I’m just ready to get my refund on lol

• #4092719
                                                                                                                                                                                                    NYCteachermom

@smat Tax Topic 152 means that they are going to give you a date soon. The same thing happened last year.

• #4092718
                                                                                                                                                                                                      Anonymous

I filed turbo tax on the 8th, was accepted on the 12th. Had one bar until today, now all the bars are gone and it just has refund being processed tax topic 152

• #4092717
                                                                                                                                                                                                        NYCteachermom

@itsmymoneyineeditnow last year when the bars disappeared it meant that your ddd was going to come soon. Hope it means that this year too. I hope i get accepted in the test batch. If not i would still get it on the 5th i guess so it shouldn’t be that bad. I just really want to know what’s going on.

• #4092716
                                                                                                                                                                                                          itsmymoneyineeditnow

I filed 1/7 accepted 1/12 had 1 bar up until now disappeared hopefully good news trying to buy a new ride

• #4092715
                                                                                                                                                                                                            crystal

nope filed mine and my boyfriends on 1/13 nothing yet just pending

• #4092714
                                                                                                                                                                                                              NYCteachermom

Thanks @kate hopefully they put mine through soon. The anxiety is overwhelming. Lol

• #4092713
                                                                                                                                                                                                                Kate

Yes, I filed Friday 1/9 and was accepted on Monday 1/12. Hope you get your acceptance email soon! :)

Viewing 100 reply threads
                                                                                                                                                                                                              • The forum ‘2015 Tax Season’ is closed to new topics and replies.