Tax Topic 151 Reference Number 1242 Please Help!

Home Forums General Discussion 2017 Tax Season Tax Topic 151 Reference Number 1242 Please Help!

• Topic Starter
    Iris Watts
      @ladywatts

“1242 Electronic return received more than 3 weeks ago; –E Freeze; in review, notice for additional information will be received IRM 21.5.6.4.8, -E Freeze”
      Ok so here’s my tax story.
      Filed and accepted Jan 25, 17.
      Wasn’t until about Feb 18. That I received a 4883C letter. I had to id verify. Went into the office on March 8 and said I would go back into processing. So my bars and wording went like this. Had 1 bar then bars disappeared. Went to a we have received your tax return a date will be provided to you. To we have received your refund and it is being processed. To being able to get both transcripts by mail but then updating to the tax topic you see above. My wording now says to take action and if you have any questions call a number (on wmr) so when I look up the numbers I find that to be the reference number response but not really sure what it means… Any one help me out??? I will be calling on Mon and seeing what going on then I will be calling for a tax advocate. This year has been the most stressful… Anyone else going thru this? Sure your stories…

Viewing 2 reply threads
    • Author
      Replies
        Iris Watts
          @ladywatts

@cece
          I hope that’s all it is but when I had called they had mentioned something about the income.not matching up or a TA did… But the IRS did say much… I don’t know if I should just wait to see what will happen or go ahead and amend it…. I don’t know how to handle this.

Cece

Same thing happened too me they released my federal and said they are verifying everyone with Eic and that I don’t need to send in anything right now.

Iris Watts
              @ladywatts

Update:
              Ok so I called this morning about my topic 151 and reference number 1242 and they only thing they told me is just that all the returns that claimed credits child or the eic are being reviewed basically. And that it can take up to 90 days from the 17th to be cleared. If they need anything from me they will send a letter but that’s it… Should I call a Tax advocate to get this going? Bc I can’t wait another 3 months for my doggone return…

Viewing 2 reply threads
          • The forum ‘2017 Tax Season’ is closed to new topics and replies.