tax return still processing a refund date will be provided when available

Home Forums General Discussion 2021 Tax Season tax return still processing a refund date will be provided when available

• This topic has 99 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 2 years ago by Monty.
  • Topic Starter
    Josh44
      @josh44

filed early Jan was accepted February 9th:

Around the 19th it changed to tax return still processing a refund date will be provided when one is available with TT 152.

transcripts still N/a

Viewing 97 reply threads
    • Author
      Replies
        Monty

Filed/accepted 4/7. As of date changed form May 17 to July 12. Still NA for return transcript. Does anybody know what the as of date is supposed to mean? Is that when you should expect this refund to be approved?

Woosah2222

I am pissed! Filed 01/31/21
            Accepted 02/12 ID verified 03/17 (no notice was sent I found out thru TA) as of date changed 3x before today and it was changed to 07/12. I’m so sick of this sht!!

Matusko

Well my as of date changed today to July 12th from June 14th. On Monday it said on wmr that my info didn’t match now it matches. Still saying it’s still processing. I filled 3/17/2021. We are closing on house week from today the return would be nice. Looks like from transcripts seems like we update Fridays weekly so surprised today as of date has changed .

Lynette Howard

My where my refund status has changed from not enough information to still processing date will be available when do you think I’ll get my refund

Sheila

Mine was 10 weeks
                  Filed 1-27
                  Accepted 2-13
                  Update my transcript 4-20 (mass update transcript)
                  Update my WMR…approval 4-21( mass update WMR)
                  DDD: 4-23

Sheila

Filed : 1-27
                    Accepted: 2-13
                    Update my transcript: 4-20 (Tuesday)
                    Update my WMR: 4-21 (Wednesday)
                    DDD: 4-23 ( Friday)

Tomorrow there will be an mass update on Transcript… hope you guys get an update.

SandraA
                      @sla921

Still N/A. Called IRS & said the letter advised that I had 6-8 weeks. (8962) via fax it is now the 8th week since docs were faxed morn of 3/8/2021.IRS said delayed for 10 wks… I said that is not what the 12C letter indicated. I am within the time frame and 6-8 wks have come and gone and NOTHING has been done. Taxes were filed 1/30/21 and accepted 2/11/2021.
                      As of 4/22/21 still N/A for 2020. Return Transcript = No Return On File (Blank).

SandraA
                        @sla921

As of 4/22/21 Still “No Record of Return FIled” on 2020 Tx Transcript and Acct Transcript “No Info” … Top 2 returns are N/A and WMR has not updated for weeks.

Donald. H

Mine was accepted on Feb. 13. I filed them on January 10th. Still says being processed and I have only received the first stimulus from last year. Why has every bumb on the street received all their money up in the thousands but people who work and file taxes are last to get anything? May as well just love off the government. At least I can pay my damn bills that way!! So messed up!

SandraA
                            @sla921

Filed 1/30 accepted 2/11 sent requested paperwork 3/8 via fax. To date no stimulus, no refund and no answers from IRS. Called Tax Advocate and they did not help and transferred me to IRS.

I am really upset. They are taking forever and have no answers…. NONE… 9 weeks since accepted and 6 weeks since faxing paperwork.

Marie

I filed and was accepted 2/13. I have look back, recovery rebate, and EIC. March 6th my bars disappeared and I lost TT. I then was “still processing.” I was never able to see my transcripts. Saturday 4/10 I got WMR bars back and a DDD for April 14th. The one time I called, I was told I was not in errors to wait 6-8 weeks. That was 3 weeks ago.

Frigginnuttz

It’s been 60 days since accepted, called this morning. Was told have to wait 4 to 6 more weeks.. they had to adjust the refund because the computer added a second stimulus check. When I had already received one. She said the computers were not registering even if you said you received it.

SB

@Nikki991

I filed in Feb and still nothing for me. No updates or movement. You aren’t alone

nikki991

has anyone that replied to this in feb and march received their taxes? yet i filed in feb and it’s April was just wondering

Janet

“a refund date will be provided when available” I have been waiting over 21 days. The 21-day mark was March 12, 2021. Do they have the money, or is the Federal Reserve broke? I have never waited this long before.

Mandi

I just got off the phone with irs bc my taxes were rejected then accepted on Feb 23rd but TurboTax kept saying they only saw rejected. My WMR still processing refund will up date when date available no change on transcripts. The lady told me that my refund is still being processed but went into an error resolution que and will take up to 10 weeks to process since the accepted date ugh

Bonnie

*sigh* still processing

YeahDudeInc
                                            @yeahdudeinc

Wow, my WMR actually changed to “We have received your tax return and it is being processed”.
                                            Before, it was the “…still being processed, refund date when available yada yada”

QUESTION: If it went from STILL being processed, to BEING processed, could it still need ID verify?

-3rd stim yesterday (USAA DD).
                                            -N/A for 2020 trans
                                            -AS OF: 3/15/2021
                                            -Filed: 1/22
                                            -Accepted: 2/10

I hope this status change is good. There’s no TT, but still has my refund amount. *shrug*

Beth

How did you guys receive or get in touch with someone I have the same thing they were 152 in the bars disappeared except it on the 11th and I still haven’t received

Kg

If you have not received your refund by then the IRS will more than likely pay you by check because once your fees are paid third party is done with you….Just my guess though😁

Kg

Though you are entitled to pay your fees through third-party ,,,with the IRS extending to May 15 I would believe that your third-party will come hunting you down for it’s money after April 15…

Miss B
                                                    @butterflyn

@DMAN

This can’t be true for everyone. How r they gonna send a paper check when lots of people got advances and opted to pay their tax fees out of their refunds?? The tax companies like turbo H&R and Jackson hewitt will lose thousands of the irs doesn’t direct deposit to them first?? They have to direct deposit our money thru third parties so I don’t think that’s true about exceeding time limits and paper checks

Bonnie

No not just turbo tax.. looks like it’s more related to the time of filing and just plain bad luck… Craziest thing I’ve ever seen!!

April89

Was it TurboTax that resulted in so many errors in calculations this year?

MR0908 (UPDATE)

My wife just got off the phone with an IRS agent. We filed 1/31. Then status bar disappeared. Agent said that everything looked good on our filing. They are just taking 6-10 weeks to issue the refunds. I guess they’re backed up.

crystal
                                                            @hemansbabygirl77

NO REFUND AND ONLY GOT 1/2 MY STIMULUS. i MEAN COME ON

Bonnie

Same here. Stimulus payment today. Still processing on refund. I still don’t get it. No CTC no EITC just a simple jointly filed return and not even big bucks earned.. On the up side we have an appointment for our first covid shots this morning

Jerm

So sad I got a StimulusPayment way before my tax refund…make it make sense

LolaR

No tax refund or stimulus for us yet.
                                                                  Filed 01/13(rejected)
                                                                  Re-filed 02/08
                                                                  Accepted 02/10
                                                                  No bars on WMR
                                                                  Id Verify 03/03
                                                                  Transcripts still say N/A and tax return filed.

That TA we had said everything looks good and no need to worry for this year, here’s to another years wait for our freaking money. I hate tax time anymore.

bowli

Still haven’t got our refund or stimulus #3 yet

MR0908

Nope. I’m still waiting on my return. I filed 1/29 bar disappeared around 2/12. Still only shows, “A refund date will be provided when available.” This sucks.

Jerm

No new updates! I guess everybody got there payment?

• #4470926
                                                                        Mari

I filed on 02/12/21 I’m in the same boat as everyone else. Very frustrating. Now you go on the IRS website and the ” where is my check” portal is down. It says it’s going through maintenance. Whatever.

• #4470226
                                                                          DMAN

Taxpayers who exceed this limit will receive a notice and a refund check instead, which may take up to 10 weeks;

hmmm…

• #4470215
                                                                            Mia

So i filed on 2/25 and accepted 2/26> I am still in the bar that says your taxes were accepted and they are being process> code TC 152.
                                                                              Still the bar has not moved. Should I be concern?

• #4470096
                                                                              Foxx Lee

I filed early my return was accepted 2/11 still nothing but your return is still being processed…. this is making me mad I want my money

• #4470025
                                                                                Lacey
                                                                                  @ljeansonne

E filed on 2/11, accepted 2/12, WMR only said it was accepted until about a week & half ago. It changed to your return is still being processed and a refund date will be provided when available. I called the IRS today and was told it was being r”Reviewed for accuracy” and it will take 10 weeks😡😡😡😡 Pissed is the furthest from how I’m feeling the is complete bs.

• #4468991
                                                                                  Kcushing

Hmmmmm….. Thinking outside the box here…… Most likely won’t work but…..
                                                                                    …so I live on west coast time
                                                                                    …irs opens east coast time
                                                                                    I think tomorrow I’m gonna get up around 4am… Change my my time to est, kill location, and restart my phone and see if I can get through

• #4468984
                                                                                    toni

I filed h&r also jan28th and accepted feb10 and still telling me still processing date will be available when provided

• #4468931
                                                                                      Erica

TR was accepted by IRS on Feb 12th. Tax Tracker shows “your return is still being processed”. I finally got through to IRS. Dude told me it was in error resolution with code “100”. He said it was related to Recovery Rebate and making sure that I am eligible for that. He also asked me a lot of questions about my identity. Is that a normal part of the process when calling them? He said that only error codes around 700-900 are “bad” and take up to 10 weeks to resolve.

• #4468656
                                                                                        Kat

WMR shows still being processed a date will be avail.

• #4468529
                                                                                          Misty Jackson

They already know our Identities for Years what a lame excuse for messing up our Taxes due to being everything blamed on Stimulus and Covid19 Computer shows it all and tracks everyone’s History of filing and so forth .

• #4467609
                                                                                            LRK

So mine were filed and been processing and then bars disappeared and now says still processing… I did have someone file that someone used my identity to receive unemployment fraud… Do I need to do anything to for that.. is that why I’m still processing do I need to verify my identity somehow through the IRS?

• #4467543
                                                                                              Chri55

Well, here’s the problem. On 2020 tax return it asks if you received the EIP2 credit. However, Some of us did not get the EIP2 until the beginning of this year. Do we report EIP2 credit we received this year on 2020 Taxes ? Apparently, The IRS did not account for that !

• #4467498
                                                                                                Chri55

I filed via H&R block. After I paid for the filing. Right before I submitted to IRS. I got a message saying ” wait, we need to fix a couple of things fist” So it took me to the place on the form where is asked how much I received for my third stimulus. I thought I had already filled that part. I went ahead and put “0”. Which I had not received my third stimulus. Then my refund reflected an additional $600. So, I think H&R Block effed something up.

• #4467497
                                                                                                  Sylv

@Frustrated Mama

I don’t like that. Are you OK? Do you need help?

• #4467494
                                                                                                    Jay G

Okay, I reached someone today. As mentioned previously, errors dept.. same story as RichP… Except she told me 8 weeks fod either a refund or a letter. Smh.. Im over it, I just wont file anymore. Done

• #4467474
                                                                                                      Frustrated mama

This is sad i can finally leave my abusive relationship but theyre still processing

• #4467473
                                                                                                        Frustrated mama

Mama

• #4467415
                                                                                                          Need my money
                                                                                                            @bonna

Will there be a update overnight tonight 🤔

• #4467391
                                                                                                            Chelsea

Filed feb 4 got approved feb 13 says it’s still processing after 21 days cant get ahold of irs

• #4467390
                                                                                                              thicks
                                                                                                                @thicks

[quote quote=4467306]What does it mean “bats disappeared?”[/quote]

It’s typo for “bars went away.” Heh!

• #4467319
                                                                                                                Lesboo

Does that mean your direct deposit will be sent out then?

• #4467312
                                                                                                                  Pittsburgh pa

I live in Pittsburgh filled February 12th accepted same day. Now have topic 152 A refund date will be available still processing. Trying to call irs for 4 days no luck

• #4467306
                                                                                                                    Lora

What does it mean “bats disappeared?”

• #4467290
                                                                                                                      DSkill

Called IRS today. Credit Karma (or my fat fingers) misreported the last stimulus that I received. My return shows as if I didn’t receive it. If that was what sent it to “10 wk pot. delay” void it should turn around quickly & my refund will just be -$1,200 that I received. He was not able to tell me if that was only issue (although I suspect it was) the system does not give that info. Fingers X’d that it processes quickly.

• #4467249
                                                                                                                        RichP

Just got off the phone with a very nice woman. She told me mine return was in errors department along with millions of others. She said 90% of people in errors are path act folks, she said hers was in the error department as well because she has children.

She said they are just backlogged since tax season started late. She said mine should be released Thursday or Friday.

My taxes were accepted 2/12. Bars disappeared last week and wmr says refund still processing.

• #4467242
                                                                                                                          Tgiroir97

6 days and literally 289 calls later it finally put me through I’m I’m waiting now if anyone has questions post I will ask

• #4467155
                                                                                                                            Tgiroir97

Sad thing is my brother filed his in the 16th of February and already gotten his back a week ago

• #4467153
                                                                                                                              Tgiroir97

Same thing this morning nothing have change was in the at 6:58 on the dot it was transferring me to a live representative at 7:00AM on the dot and still said extreme call volume smh it’s more then Aggravating at this point but it seems since covid came out they using that little voice record Quite often

• #4467146
                                                                                                                                Cedi88

Still being processed refund date when available like what am I to do I’m mad as hell

• #4467138
                                                                                                                                  Michael Smith

Called yesterday.
                                                                                                                                    Have EIC etc
                                                                                                                                    Accepted 2/13
                                                                                                                                    WMR says still processing and have tt152

Agent told me it could take up to 10 weeks but that there was no issues. Just waiting

• #4467135
                                                                                                                                    JaymR

I filed hr block mid January, accepted 2-12. I’ve had the same WMR as everyone (“still being processed” no TT. And my refund amount has remained….. N/A TRANSCRIPTS.. THIS MORNING UPDATED!!!!!!! NOW my refund amount is gone replaced with Dec. 2020. My TT is back but still processing and still N/A transcripts

• #4467129
                                                                                                                                      Bonnie

No change here either. I call BS!!! lol

• #4467115
                                                                                                                                        Jay G

Another day. Nothin’

• #4466774
                                                                                                                                          Amanda

Filed with H&R Block. The website shows accepted on 2/13/2021. Irs website says still processing. No refund date .. I did have a baby and applied for the back pay of stimulus for said baby. I also got the credit for making less money in 2020 then in 2019. So I’m hoping that’s what is taking it so long. Maybe they have to verify I actually had a baby so they don’t want to over pay stimulus. I don’t know.

• #4466739
                                                                                                                                            Jay G

Nothing.. Still

• #4466691
                                                                                                                                              Bonnie

WOW Tgiroir97 we have exactly the same situation including the dates! lol

I got through to the irs one day last week and all she said was you should get your refund or a letter in the next 10 weeks… helpful huh?

• #4466594
                                                                                                                                                Tgiroir97

I filed return 02/10/2021 was accepted 02/12/2021 I waited two weeks checked where’s my refund had the bar and it stated that my return was processing checked later around 02/25/2021 the bar was gone and said my return was still processing I’ve called everyday never can get through says my call can’t go through do to extreme call volume and now 03/08/2021 nothing has changed been over 30 days any help ?

• #4466580
                                                                                                                                                  Bonnie

Thx James and congrats!!!

Mine is the same, still processing refund date will be provided when available. It doesn’t show any codes at all though. Just the above message. Very frustrating to say the least.

• #4466267
                                                                                                                                                    James jones

@Bonnie a ddd for the 10th

• #4466248
                                                                                                                                                      Lex
                                                                                                                                                        @fancylex

I’ve had this message for over a week & when I called Friday morning they said I have to verify my identity, but they didn’t see any letter being mailed out on my file just yet & to wait. I filed 2/20 and was accepted the same day. So today I went to the IRS’ ID verification site & I answered the ID verification questions. Would it be kicked back somehow being that I did the ID verification before the 5071C letter was mailed?

• #4466243
                                                                                                                                                        Jay G

tequilla, youre funny. Still no new news on my end. Im done stressing over it. I dont really need the money anyway

• #4466162
                                                                                                                                                          Bonnie

Same for me. Never had anything like this happen before. What a year for THIS. No change as of this morning, still processing
                                                                                                                                                            James jones what update did you get this morning?

• #4466135
                                                                                                                                                            Kreily35

Mine did the same thing and I have never had this happen. Says Tax Topic 152 but they said not to pa IV of course it just means it’s being processed but easy for them to say they aren’t the ones needing the money.

• #4466106
                                                                                                                                                              TEQUILLA

I still haven’t recieved mine and it’s pass my 21 daysA refund date will be provided when available.”

I always file early and never have any errors (or, at least, I assume that is the situation. Can we please get a answer IRS SPOKEPERSON what’s going on some our dates for 21 days was March 5th 2021 like mines and still no direct deposit this issue has put some of us behind on things that need to get paid like bills etc. I know it has for me this is really frustrating.

• #4466096
                                                                                                                                                                TEQUILLA

As of today, 3/7/21, I have no progress. Same message as before, no ddd, tt, nothin’. It’s odd because I file early every year, and never have trouble. My fiance claimed her stim, and child fax, and EIC, and ahe already got her deposit. Wtf lol

• #4466074
                                                                                                                                                                  James jones

Mine said the same but got a update this morning

• #4465968
                                                                                                                                                                    Mommajess33

I don’t think 6 million was the correct number that sounds really high sorry my daughters counting had me thrown off 😂

• #4465967
                                                                                                                                                                      Mommajess33

Brianna welcome to the 6 million+ of us waiting as well from what I read in a Forbes article 😂😭 WHY DO THEY GIVE US OPTIONS TO CLICK ON AND THEN NOT EVEN PREPARE FOR IT?! If this is happening because look back and the stimulus rebate credit or whatever it’s called I’m LIVID because like did they not think it would make the system throw up flags if they didn’t change anything? Bothers me because if they were up front we wouldn’t be angry.

• #4465868
                                                                                                                                                                        Brianna Lacy

I still haven’t recieved mine and it’s pass my 21 days

• #4465616
                                                                                                                                                                          Maysgirl
                                                                                                                                                                            @maysgirl

Any update

• #4464916
                                                                                                                                                                            Jay G

Update: Same message, but TT 152 has re-appeared.

• #4464213
                                                                                                                                                                              Jay G

As of today, 3/4/21, I have no progress. Same message as before, no ddd, tt, nothin’. It’s odd because I file early every year, and never have trouble. My fiance claimed her stim, and child fax, and EIC, and ahe already got her deposit. Wtf lol

• #4463779
                                                                                                                                                                                PeachyB
                                                                                                                                                                                  @peachyc48

Contacted the IRS Monday the 1st had received the same exact message. She was super friendly and stated that mine was in reprocessing after removing the extra STIM money that I claimed by mistake that it will process this week and should be deposited by the 5th which is day 21 for mine. Hope this helps

• #4463530
                                                                                                                                                                                  Jabroni

Same. Accepted 2/14 and now the status bar has completely disappeared and replaced with
                                                                                                                                                                                    “Your tax return is still being processed.

A refund date will be provided when available.”

Is this a bad thing? I always file early and never have any errors (or, at least, I assume that is the situation.

• #4463355
                                                                                                                                                                                    Robin Price

kelleykay

Accepted 2/11 lost bars couple days ago now it went from being received and proccessing with tax topic 152 to still being processed refund date as soon as available

• #4463301
                                                                                                                                                                                      gloryciti

Accepted 2/12/2021. I’m still getting the same thing bars disappeared 2/26/21 haven’t come back. Some are getting their bars back as of an hour and a half ago.

• #4463242
                                                                                                                                                                                        Mrs.Hardaway

Saturday lost bars and tt152 amount still to the left. Still being processed refund date will be provided when available. Checked this morning around 830 am cst it was the same. Just checked wmr again at 926 pm cst and tt152 has come back and now the amount is gone. So confused to whats going on. Can’t access transcripts. Anyone have any ideas?

• #4463068
                                                                                                                                                                                          Momofboth

Well last year according to my 2019 tax transcripts my return was processed on 2/24 and deposited 2/26 so I’m hoping this means everyone that lost bars since yesterday are possibly being deposited tomorrow?

• #4462942
                                                                                                                                                                                            dj

Did you get a response to this question?

• #4461244
                                                                                                                                                                                              Roni

My WMR UPDATED TO THAT weeks. Checked my transcripts and they had code 570 with days 3/8/2021. It was for a math error I made on my return. The IRS fixed it. Today my transcripts have code 571. (Issue resolved) and code 846 ( refund issued with DDD 3/3/2021. When check WMR Ihave no bars and it says (still processing) if it’s not a major correction u may be ok. Not an expert just my current situation

• #4461154
                                                                                                                                                                                                @ohiomomx3

I got the your refund is still processing message last year and I had to verify my identity and I didn’t receive my refund aug.

• #4461149
                                                                                                                                                                                                  TaxMan

Tax Preparer is correct in that it means the IRS is still processing your return. It could be for the reasons listed, or it could be for nothing. I’ve seen it go both ways on many occasions for many of my clients. Josh, most people at the IRS do not know what any of it means either honestly. Some of the people who monitor the process are temps and/or seasonal workers trained minimally to only answer the phone and give vague information.

• #4461145
                                                                                                                                                                                                    Josh44
                                                                                                                                                                                                      @josh44

@ tax thats just an assumption ive seen some with the same status ans get updated with a refund with no issues. You actually don’t work for the irs so please don’t act like you do. It could mean a number of things or nothing at all

• #4461142
                                                                                                                                                                                                      Tax Preparer

“Still Processing” normally means the IRS is reviewing your return. You might receive a letter in the mail explaining the reasons.

This could be for ID verify, Health Insurance, mistake on return etc…

There is a difference in “Still Processing” & “We have received your tax return and it is being processed”.

• #4459908
                                                                                                                                                                                                        Josh44
                                                                                                                                                                                                          @josh44

no update

• #4459905
                                                                                                                                                                                                          I NEED ALL MINES

Any updates?

Viewing 97 reply threads
                                                                                                                                                                                                        • The forum ‘2021 Tax Season’ is closed to new topics and replies.