Tax advocate

Home Forums General Discussion 2021 Tax Season Tax advocate

• This topic has 5 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 2 years ago by Alyssa Mai.
  • Topic Starter
    Alyssa Mai

Last year I had to mail in 2 previous years tax returns cause I got a cp63. They processed one and we received our 2019 taxes in November. They started processing the other year February 1st of this year and said it would be about 10 weeks. There is a hold on my 2020 return till this is done being processed. I waited the 10 weeks and called and they said about 30 days there should be an update so I waited and called again, at that time I was told it was going to be an additional 16 weeks.

Called tax advocates today and they said I should qualify for help because we are going through a hardship.

My question is can anyone tell me their experiences with tax advocates? Did it help? How long did it take? Thanks for your time.

Viewing 4 reply threads
    • Author
      Replies
        Alyssa Mai

So I filed in Jan and got accepted 2/11. The tax advocate came through. We are getting our refund 5/26.

Clueless

Last year it took me 6 weeks after my tax advocate received my file. That was in June! I filed in Feb last year and they audited my precious 2 years (because my husband had passed away and I was now claiming my kids) so finally May came around and because of covid the IRS was shut down. My TA got my file in June and I got my refund at the end of July. My first stimulus was also 3 months late because of this reason. That was last year though and this year seems to be a bigger shit storm.

SandraA
              @sla921

Faxed forms and called the 1800 number. They received forms and stated my next follow up will not be until June 9th. This is 5 months post being accepted. I was accepted 2/11. i faxed 8962 (3/8) 3 months after sending requested forms. It should not take this long. I am still N/A on transcripts and no WMR updates since Feb. 15th.

Taxes2021
                @taxes2021wmr

I just started today. I had to fax all of my forms all over again to the advocate office. It’s a waiting game all over again.

Alyssa Mai

No one has experience with a tax advocate?

Viewing 4 reply threads
              • The forum ‘2021 Tax Season’ is closed to new topics and replies.