Join Live Discussion

“STILL PROCESSING vs PROCESSING.

Home » Forums » General Discussion » 2020 Tax Season » “STILL PROCESSING vs PROCESSING.

• Topic Starter
    Pleasenoidverify

IM SCARED SOME PPL ARE SAYING ITS ID VERIFY. I NEVER GOT PATH BUT I HAVE EIC. I WENT FROM PROCESSIN TO STILL PROCESSING OVERNITE. ANY THOUGHTS :(? I CAN SEE 152 and AMOUNT

Viewing 27 replies - 601 through 627 (of 627 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Denny
    @dgrundy847

If you Currently have “being processed” on WMR, you will get your DDD on Wednesday…. regardless of being a daily or weekly. If you Currently have 1 bar your still processing and your return isn’t done yet. If your WMR say “still being processed”. Either you have ID verify, wage verify and it has to be manually reviewed. IT DOES NOT MEAN your being audited.

cgdesilva
    @cgdesilva

Still being processed means just that. Errors could come up or not. It does not make you any more likely to get a notice but at the same time it doesn’t mean you won’t either because the return is still being processed.
    I had it last year after path went away and I didn’t have any notice just got resequenced and processed for DDD of 2/27 in 2019, which was a week later than others.
    I’ve been doing tax returns for over 20 years, don’t let people scare you, If your that concerned call the IRS at your 21 days and find out. You can also get your transcripts and check your codes.

Ohioman
    @ohioman

If there was something wrong it would be included in your WMR message instead of tax topic 152. There would also be a code in your transcripts.

Mark

I had still processing last year for 2 weeks, then poof a ddd, so there’s really no difference. As long as you don’t get a bad code or the dreaded (take action) you should be ok.good luck

Jenni

I was on “still” processing last year. I forgot what my code was but I didn’t get my refund until July. I had to move through a whole shit process because of a past return. This year I’m just at processing. No “still”.

So my experience is it could mean something big like in my case, something small that an actual IRS person will go through and fix quickly, or you might have to ID verify.

Tyler

There is definitely a difference between “being processed” vs “still being processed”. For the latter, typically your WMR bars disappear and you are in manual review status. Doesn’t mean you won’t get your refund, but rather something was flagged by the computers and an IRS employee has to manually review it now and pass it through or dig deeper.

Suthrngrl

I been stuck in still processing and I got a letter saying that I had to fax a form verifying my unemployment income. I faxed it a week ago. It does seem like there is a difference between being processed and still processing. This is the first year this happened to me.

Fart Party

I am copying from another post. Someone just posted this answer elsewhere and I think it’s possible. You be the judge…..

If so, “being processed” means that the computers are processing it and running their algorithms. 9 out of 10 filers move to “approved” directly through the computer system. However, if the computer flags anything, it kicks it to a manual review status where an IRS employee has to further review it. This is where it will change to “still being processed”. If the manual review sees anything more that further raises red flags or if the red flag raised by the computer is egregious, your refund will be frozen and you will be subject to an IRS audit that can dig into returns for the last 7 years.

Sarah
    @sarah21

Okay 🤦🏼‍♀️ lol I don’t have time to scare anyone. But okay you’re delusional. I could care less actually.

Ohioman
    @ohioman

You clearly don’t know what you’re talking about. Sorry I prevented you from needlessly scaring people. That’s cruel.

Sarah
    @sarah21

LOL you clearly don’t read. Bye

Ohioman
    @ohioman

@Sarah

If it meant an error, all of us who had this message would have had to fix it in years past. This is not the case. You are simply wrong. Sorry if me pointing it out bothers you.

Sarah
    @sarah21

The IRS will either fix it on there own or some will rcv a notice. Clearly yours was fixed. Again not bad information. Smh I’m just not going help because people act so high and mighty on here. Good day!

Sarah
    @sarah21

It means an error. Simple as that. Period. That’s what I meant. I’m a Tax Preparer just stop arguing. Not spreading any bad info. Stop being childish.

Ohioman
    @ohioman

@Sarah

He said the same thing as I did, that it could mean something and it could mean nothing. You said that a message of still processing means that you need to ID verify or you’re getting a notice. This may or not be the case at all. Again, I had the same message last year and it meant nothing…as it did for most others. You’re spreading bad information.

Sarah
    @sarah21

@Target you are 100% correct Ohioman is not correct

Target

It could mean an issue, or, not. Most times it is a simple error on your return detected by computer, that the IRS (a human person), will adjust/correct, and you’ll move on in the process. DON’T freak out. Until you’ve good reason to. And WMR/IRS2GO are not unless accompanied by codes and or notice from IRS. Otherwise, wait it out. More often than not, the worry is for not.

Ohioman
    @ohioman

@Sarah

Stop posting misinformation to freak people out.

Ohioman
    @ohioman

@Ruben

For most people it means nothing at all. I had the exact same message last year for about 5 days, then I had my one bar back, then soon got two bars and a DDD. Personally I think it means things are moving along. I know for some they get a notice from the IRS, but the message in of itself on WMR is not indicative of that at all.

Sarah
    @sarah21

@ohioman It is not bad information but okay lol 😂 I’ll let everyone continue with arguing like every year

Rubensticktight_tx

@ohioman

What does it mean then cause I have the same message

Ohioman
    @ohioman

Still processing does NOT necessarily mean ID Verify. Stop passing on bad information.

Sarah
    @sarah21

Still Processing means ID verify or notice in mail. Being processed means just waiting on DDD.

Get that money hunni

There is no point in calling to see if you have to verify they are going to tell you to wait on the letter

Get that money hunni

When I received the same message last year I ended up having to ID verify. Mine said still processing a few weeks later I received a letter in the mail to verify. This year I am just on processing it doesn’t say still processing so I’m very hopeful this year I won’t have to

Pleasenoidverify

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. I DIDNT GET A LETTER SHOULD I CALL EM TUESDAY? :(

Momof3❤️

Definitely ID verify. I had the same thing happen to me a few years back. But once you I’d verify your funds will be available the following week.

Viewing 27 replies - 601 through 627 (of 627 total)
  • The forum ‘2020 Tax Season’ is closed to new topics and replies.