Some employers have not yet reported data to the irs, which may be the delay!

Home Forums General Discussion 2019 Tax Season Some employers have not yet reported data to the irs, which may be the delay!

• This topic has 37 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by Nate.
  • Topic Starter
    Nate

Spoke with a lady today at irs and was told one of my employers had not yet reported my earnings to them so I was flagged for a review. Not to worry tho, will get letter next week but as of now there is no action needed. May be delayed up to 45 days but most likely not that long. Just a heads up for everyone that is looking for answers!

Viewing 36 reply threads
    • Author
      Replies
        Nate

I never mentioned anything about path. Meme, they very well could be. Your best bet is to wait 21 days from the time you filed then call and ask them. Your employer has the right to wait, even tho u already filed, to send in there data to the irs. Just learning this today. Here to help :)

WillBeas
            @willbeas

I dont comment on shit unless I’m clear. I said what I said.

MeMe

My wage and income transcript is blank so does that mean they are waiting for my employer???

Sacha

That’s not true. They do match W2 info as a part of PATH…. it is not just identity theft.

Cody

Amie is right.

Amie

Hahahaha

Nate

Thanks jaww! Glad u saw my point. You too and good luck with your taxes!

Jibbbjawww

You all have it twisted. The poster said the IRS didn’t see some of their earnings reported test, I said same thing happen to me.
                        You all agreed that it can happen, but then calling people liars. You agree that it can happen, we said it did happen, so what is the problem. Go lurk on Facebook if you want to feed on drama. Best wishes Nate.

Amie

I was trying to help by telling you that the IRS agent was not giving you facts!

Amie

Thank you Jonathan and itsme

Jonathan Leissler

PATH act has nothing to do with verifying earnings. They really don’t do that until the systems actual scan and audit as employers have longer to report than to mail out w-2s, PATH act is to make sure no one is stealing identities. Most identity theft occurs when claiming the EIC and ACTC credits. If you get hit with PATH and someone else tries to use one of the same claimed numbers, it’ll flag both returns for immediate freeze and review for ID theft. It’s significantly cut down on the fraud.

Nate

Some of u forget this form is supposed to help others. Not bash each other. Where’s the luv y’all?

Mike

IRS agent just told me (fill in the blank). We need the ability to post GIFs in this forum. Doing so would make this forum glorious.

Smeef

The same thing happened to me and my husband last year. It took til May to get it figured out. I hope you have better luck!

Amie

I said the IRS agent lied…not you geez.

Amie

Lurk these forums??? Wow…yes I am an Accountant…doesnt mean I dont also have problems and issues just like everyone else on here. I also have Epilepsy and had to miss a ton of work, so I am waiting on my refund just like you so I can pay bills! You gonna judge me for that too?? My Lord…

Nate

It is true because some people under report their wages thinking the computer is gonna generate them a big credit or refund and then not get audited. You guys that are saying it’s false need to do your research. The 31st of January is the deadline for w2’s to be sent to employees. The end of February is for employers to send their data to irs. IRS has been trying to stop this from happening and to catch employers early. Still working on it they said. Call them yourself you want their number? Lol

Jibbbjawww

@amy
                                            I have no need to lie, it wouldn’t benefit me in the least, besides that’s just not who I am. Anyways, you really shouldn’t pose as a know it all, because if there is one thing I do know, it’s that no one knows it all. everyone thinks that just because something doesn’t go have they think it should that there’s no possible way that it can happen lol

Amie

The deadline to MAIL to EMPLOYEES is Jan 31st….the deadline to MAIL to IRS is Feb 28th.

Ash

Amie

Your an accountant and lurk these forums?? Smh…

Mike

For all that have information on their transcripts, check your Wage and Income Transcript for 2018. Is there any information?

Ash

Nate

I believe you. Did you get a code to make you aware of the issue

Amie

Nate – your employer does not have to report your W2 or 1099 in order for you to file your taxes AND receive a refund! That is what is not true!! Geez

Ash

@nate
                                                        Did you receive a code on the wmr?

WillBeas
                                                          @willbeas

you must live in Canada. USA is Jan 31

The deadlines for filing Form W-2 (with the Social Security Administration) and Form 1099-MISC (with the IRS) have been made earlier, beginning in 2017 for the 2016 tax year, and continuing into future years The new deadline is January 31 for each year.

Amie

People will believe anything during tax time

Nate

Why is everyone saying it’s not true to something that I said was true then say the exact same thing I said that they haven’t received data yet. Rather be the 28th or in March, it’s all the same SOME EMPLOYERS HAVE NOT YET REPORTED. Lazy employers and accountants can’t even read what’s been written so makes sens they are late on sending in paper work lol

Nate

Will yes u would think!!

Amie

This is not true at all. If the IRS told you that then they just didnt have an answer to give you. I am an Accountant and deal with W2’s and 1099’s every year. Employers have until 2/28 to send to IRS. I just mailed mine yesterday. I have worked at the same place for years.

WillBeas
                                                                    @willbeas

Well that employer is prepared to pay a fine. During the Obama administration there was a law implemented for employers to meet specific deadlines on reporting employee info. This was implemented with association with the PathAct.

ray c

makes much sense. I can accept that. You would think the employer would know this and do this expeditiously.

Vanessa

This is what happened to me last year. My employer is old school, they mail them in. I had worked for the same employer for over 12 years and never been pulled for review until last year. I imagine this will probably happen to me again this year for the same reason. I have been told by the IRS that for the employers that mail in their employees w2’s that the IRS doesn’t even receive them in until late June sometimes which is what is shown for my employer for the past 10 years. But the IRS always just took my word for it until they started cracking down and requiring “hard evidence” that I was really employed with the company I turned in a W2 for. THANK YOU FRAUDERS FOR MAKING OUR LIVES HELL!!

• #4287187
                                                                        Nate

Cody, you just said yourself data doesn’t need to be submitted till the end of February. Yes it is true you are stating what I just said basically lol. Why are u saying it’s not?

• #4287122
                                                                          Jibbbjawww

Yes, that is what happened with our return. I called yesterday. Said 45 day review also, luckily the agent was able to verify and said it should help. Idk but I hope so.

• #4286997
                                                                            Cody

From what I understand the IRS matches wages reported by employers to your tax submission later in the year. That is why your 2018 wage transcript is blank.

• #4286988
                                                                              itsme

LOL MORE BS AND when these idiots say I TALKED TO A REP usually they are lying or they really did and talked to a seasonal employee that is lying to get THem off phone!

• #4286979
                                                                                Cody

That is not true. W-2 and 1099 information does not need to be transmitted until February 28th by employers. How do I know? Because I am a staff accountant for a medium sized company and have not yet transmitted.

Viewing 36 reply threads
                                                                              • The forum ‘2019 Tax Season’ is closed to new topics and replies.