Refund Amounts

Home Forums General Discussion 2019 Tax Season Refund Amounts

• This topic has 19 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by Brandy.
  • Topic Starter
    Michael

Hello,

Was wondering if there was a big difference on refund amounts since the tax reform happened.

Thanks!

Viewing 18 reply threads
    • Author
      Replies
        Brandy

Made about 50k more this year and am getting back 2500 more than last year. We have 4 dependents.

Lesley

I’ve always filed single zero ever since I got my first job, so my tax withholding are not the issue. The government takes out as much as they can. Two years ago I paid about 22% of my income in taxes and this last year it was about 20%

Amber

I am getting about 2600 more back this year. Same income same dependents but I changed my withholdings

TATOOD

I will be getting about 1000 more but I changed my witholdings out of my checks to make sure I didnt owe anything. Getting more or less back depends on if you changed your FICA witholdings in January of last year to accomodate the new tax ranges.

InformedPoster

Don’t judge based on your refund amount. You have to consider if you withholding changed any from 2017 to 2018.

Your refund may appear smaller but you might not have as much being taken out on a paycheck so technically you probably paid less in tax this year.

Just check your withholding amounts before you complain about a smaller refund.

R4ce
                    @r4ce

Wife and I are getting 2000 less back from Fed this year and 400 less from state. Income went up by 6000 so I suppose that’s the difference.

Michael

Thanks, everyone. I finally got my W2 and filed. was about 500.00 less than last year. no change in income.

Lesley

I got about $500 less this year than I did last year

Ryan

My refund is just slightly less (less than $100) lower than it was last year, but I made significantly less money this year than last based on bonuses, etc.

Kathryn Robinson

We went down about 1k. State was the same. Same dependents same income. :(

Andrew

We got about $500 more, but we made $4000 more than last year. And I did mock taxes with last years deductions to make a comparison and we actually got back $1500 less than we would have.

Debbie T

My refund is $34 dollars less this year than last. Sounds like piddly-poo nothing compared the the thousands everyone else is talking about. I have a state pension (taxed) and SS (partially taxed).

Layla

I was not able to file some of my work deductions that I have for YEARS. I am getting back about 1,000 less from federal.

Amber

I didn’t get back as much as last year BUT I got a couple thousand extra than what I figured up getting compared to other years..

LF

i got back about $3000 more than last year. i have an additional dependent compared to last year though. same job though but made a little more than i did in 2017

Ash

We received 4 thousand more compared to last year but we also have 4 dependents.

Shelli

I got around $800 more total

Cali Gurl

This year there was a difference of $300 on both my federal and state. That’s $300 less on both from what I got last year :-(

AC

I have no difference in mine from usual.

Viewing 18 reply threads
                                          • The forum ‘2019 Tax Season’ is closed to new topics and replies.