Refund after id verification

Home Forums General Discussion 2017 Tax Season Refund after id verification

• Topic Starter
    Harris

Has anyone recieved their refund after verifying your id and if so how long did it take

Viewing 8 reply threads
    • Author
      Replies
        Iris Watts
          @ladywatts

Well I finally updated from the generic your refund is still being processed to we have received your refund and it’s being processed. How much longer do you guys think?

John

Filed 2/2
            Accepted 2/2

Got letter on march 1 and ID verified on march 8

Was told 9 weeks. This is really starting to get on my nervous. I’ve seen people get it in two weeks and others up to 5.

Screwtaxes

I had to id verify, called and verified Feb 21st. This past Saturday I updated to a 3/15 direct deposit date. I had no review, no other issues, no other letters, just id verify. So, took 3 weeks or so after verifying to get a date.

Oriana

Any updates

LadyWatts

Hey has anyone had an update yet? Just went thru the same thing. Filed and accepted 1/25 got letter in Feb. Just went in to do verification on Weds. 3/8.

Mrknowitall

I I’d verified yesterday. 9 weeks is a worst case scenario. I have heard of people getting their refund a lot faster. Submitting a return from start to finish takes less than 9 weeks, so I see no reason why simply is verifying a return already processed would take more time than a new return start to finish.

TallDrink

I’m curious as well…I just got off the phone with the IRS. I filed 1/28 and was accepted the same day. I didn’t receive the letter they sent, so I didn’t know my return wasn’t being processed until I called this morning. After answering questions about my return this year and last year, she said they sent a letter, told me what I could do and I have already sent (via fax) what they asked for. So…I got the whole “it’s going to be about 8 weeks before it’s finished being processed” spiel. I read on another thread, that I cant find again, that someone was told in early Feb that they would not get it for 9 weeks but they had a check being mailed on 2/27 per WMR.

Alex

I am also curious – let us know what you hear. Filed 1/27, accepted 1/27, rec’d letter on 2/13 and verified on 2/14, still no update, and about to hit 21 day window. I think they probably tell everybody 9 weeks and will update if I receive mine sooner. Last year it took until April for mine to come through (for other reasons) so I was hoping for an easy filing this year.

MJ

Wondering the same thing..filed 1/20, accepted 1/23. Had one bar after that then everything disappeared and it said my return was received and still processing. Got a letter for verification 2/18, called that day and got verified. Lady said it would be up to 9 weeks but I’ve heard and read different from other people. My WMR still has no bars and says processing..hoping it comes before the 9 weeks!

Viewing 8 reply threads
                      • The forum ‘2017 Tax Season’ is closed to new topics and replies.