Refund adjusted from $1,567 yo $0 due to Recovery Rebate

Home Forums General Discussion 2021 Tax Season Refund adjusted from $1,567 yo $0 due to Recovery Rebate

• This topic has 2 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 2 years ago by Sask.
  • Topic Starter
    Brandy
      @queenb713

My husband filed and was accepted on 02/22. His return FINALLY updated overnight. It is a message that they adjusted his refund from over $1,500 to $0 due to the Recovery Rebate. I looked and the amount he claimed on line 30, $600, is correct!!!!! He didn’t get it because he changed bank accounts! And his transcripts show the mine was returned to them! I’m confused why they deducted anything, much less the whole amount!! Anyone get this message in error and receive their refund??? I can’t call on his behalf! And he isn’t going to call because he refuses to call these people!

Viewing 1 reply thread
    • Author
      Replies
        Sask

We had a baby born in 2020, they took the first two away from us (the rebate) – $1,100……then instead gave us on the refund Stim $3 for $1,400….

What the bleep….

So still missing never received Stim 1 & 2 for new baby – what do I do to try and remedy this? Has this happened to anyone else?

Ladynred

They deducted my recovery rebate as well even though I was entitled. They screwed anyone who had not received it while it was hot I guess.

Viewing 1 reply thread
        • The forum ‘2021 Tax Season’ is closed to new topics and replies.