Reference code 9001 after CP63 letter

Home Forums General Discussion 2017 Tax Season Reference code 9001 after CP63 letter

• This topic has 19 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by Tinsley.
  • Topic Starter
    Annoyed tax payer

Filed jan 23
      Accepted jan 23
      Received CP63 feb 9th dated feb 13th for husband not filing 2011 taxes
      Filed on a free website sent th standard mail feb 15
      Late tax return secured feb 28th as per transcripts
      Every day I check WMR I get processing today checked and I have a message saying we cannot provide any info about your tax return with a reference number of 9001 gave me a number to call with ext362 called of course and they told me the same info I have know going on a month now refund on hold until 2011 is filed , already done confused as to what the reference code means and wondering if any body else has had a similar situation any help will be gladly appreciated

Viewing 18 reply threads
    • Author
      Replies
        Tinsley

I too had to file 2014 before they would release my refund. They recieved my 2014 return on April 8th, WMR still processing until April 21, then I got the can not provide info message with ref code 9001, woke up this morning to a DDD of 5/3! Hope this helps!

Chris

I can view my 2012 transcript online… I did notice last week it had a ‘processing date’ of 4/24 so was hoping this years transcript would at least update to a 571 hold release code but not yet

Tiera h

@chris… My situation is very similar to yours… I have a question.. How are you able to view your 2012 transcripts? I’ve tried but it only goes back this year plus 3 previous years And I don’t have all the info to view online so I can only request by mail. Does this mean they haven’t processed them yet? Faxed 2012 on march 17th still haven’t updated on wmr or updated to the 9001 code. PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!

Chris

I also filed at end of January, mailed 2012 at end of February. Still have same 9001 For past 4 weeks. 2012 transcript shows 820 code as of last week, 2016 transcript still no changes.

Jenn

Filed my 2016 refund the end of January then received the CP63 notice towards the end of February due to my ex-husband never having filed our 2011 tax return! Filed 2011 as “Married Filing Separately” about 6 weeks ago. As of today, April 21st WMR now gives me the Tax Topic 152 with the Reference 9001! As far as I know my ex hasn’t filed a return since Tax Year 2010. Does anyone have an idea what’s going on with my 2016 as well as 2011 Tax Returns?

Lorin

I have a big update for all of you today . First a couple of things that I hadn’t posted yet , Chris I should know the answer to your question soon because I faxed in the form to get my past return a little over a week ago so I should see something in the mail soon

I called the other day and spoke with someone about the code 9001 She checked and was able to see everything had been received for my past return She then said I would be getting some sort of notice in the mail but nothing had been sent yet I asked if anything was needed from me and she said no so I have no idea with this notice would be I’m guessing telling me I don’t get the past return refund but I already knew that because it is from over three years ago

I got my DDD today !!! The deposit is scheduled for April 12 Just a brief recap so everyone has a timeline that is still waiting taxes filed and accepted on January 27 Due to the path act I did not call at 21 days because I knew returns would not be in until the week of the 27th I called on the 27th and was told about the missing return and that a letter was mailed I got the letter that same day . Because it was the weekend I couldn’t really do much I was able to get everything together and sent it in on March 2

WMR Said processing until two weeks ago where it changed to they could not give me any information code 9001 Stayed that way about 2 weeks. I faced in a form to get I text advocate this Thursday didn’t hear from them yet. The lady at the IRS made it sound like it would be a long time and I was worried about this notice. Checked this morning and the DDD date was there for the 12th I cannot believe it’s finally over all in all the process was A little over two months from filing my return and getting my deposit date. I did send in the past return immediately that is so important for anyone who might not have sent that in yet and has this notice

Lorin

I have a big update for all of you today . First a couple of things that I hadn’t posted yet , Chris I should know the answer to your question soon because I faxed in the form to get my past return a little over a week ago so I should see something in the mail soon

I called the other day and spoke with someone about the code 9001 She checked and was able to see everything had been received for my past return She then said I would be getting some sort of notice in the mail but nothing had been sent yet I asked if anything was needed from me and she said no so I have no idea with this notice would be I’m guessing telling me I don’t get the past return refund but I already knew that because it is from over three years ago

I got my DDD today !!! The deposit is scheduled for April 12 Just a brief recap so everyone has a timeline that is still waiting taxes filed and accepted on January 27 Due to the path act I did not call at 21 days because I knew returns would not be in until the week of the 27th I called on the 27th and was told about the missing return and that a letter was mailed I got the letter that same day . Because it was the weekend I couldn’t really do much I was able to get everything together and sent it in on March 2

WMR Said processing until two weeks ago where it changed to they could not give me any information code 9001 Stayed that way about 2 weeks. I faced in a form to get I text advocate this Thursday didn’t hear from them yet. The lady at the IRS made it sound like it would be a long time and I was worried about this notice. Checked this morning and the DDD date was there for the 12th I cannot believe it’s finally over all in all the process was A little over two months from filing my return and getting my deposit date. I did send in the past return immediately that is so important for anyone who might not have sent that in yet and has this notice

Lorin

Chris C

I’m curious if anyone is able to order their transcripts for the late taxes they had to file? Had the 9001 since last Thursday and they received my 2012 return 3/2.

Lorin
                            @lorind

i believe that it will be a week tomorrow or Thurs that I have had this message show. It looks like many who had a Cp63 updated to this message. It doesn’t seem there is another issue and some now have their DD dates so I am hoping to see movement tomorrow.or Thursday. It stinks having money I really need just held this! I will contact someone for help if not. My electric notice is for tomorrow and I have Easter coming up so needless to say I am stressed

Justo Done

I had the same code appeared today. Can someone give an update on their current status? I would really appreciate it.

Lorin

I got this the other day too. They should have received my 2012 just a couple days before yours I’m starting to think that things are starting to move for us. I’m not able to look up the exact numbers right now but if you Google it you can find the tax advocate number for your state I thought about doing that myself but I’m really not gonna bother at this point because I think things are starting to proceed I did send in the form for my past tax return transcript if that comes in in the next few days I know my past tax return has been processed and it’s only a matter of time

Lorin

I got this the other day too. They should have received my 2012 just a couple days before yours I’m starting to think that things are starting to move for us. I’m not able to look up the exact numbers right now but if you Google it you can find the tax advocate number for your state I thought about doing that myself but I’m really not gonna bother at this point because I think things are starting to proceed I did send in the form for my past tax return transcript if that comes in in the next few days I know my past tax return has been processed and it’s only a matter of time

Angela

I submitted my 2016 taxes in February. I received the letter stating that I needed to do my 2011 & 2012 taxes and my refund would be on hold for 2016 due to it. I submitted the past years as they requested on 3/10/2017. Now the code 9001 just showed up today on WMR. It’s so frustrating because when I call I cannot get any information as to if they have been received or processed. How do you go about getting a tax advocate to speed up the process?

Annoyed tax payer

Ok I finally have an update also!!! My tax advocate informed me this am that the 2011 taxes are done processing my husband owed $722 for back taxes with penalties and interest they are taking out $1218 all together and the remainder of our refund has a scheduled ddd of 3/29!!!!! Thank you lord , have not updated on WMR but am assuming I will tomorrow morning 🙌🏻🙌🏻

armstt57
                                        @armstt57

I am in the same boat. I have the same code and issue as well. I submitted my late tax return and have already received the refund from the state for late 2014 taxes. I spoke to the iRS yesterday and was told that my taxes had been received and was being processed. I was not referred to a tax advocate though… Now I’m wondering if I should have asked for one. I sent my late taxes in on 2/28. I’m nervous now because you sent yours in 2 weeks before me and you have no $$ or update yet.. Please post again when you have any info…. STUCK IN LIMBO.. This is the one thing I hoped Trump would fix, THE IRS!!!

Sameboat

Annoyed taxpayer me and my wife are in the same boat. Every bit of information you provide is almost Identical beside I had to file my 2012 as well as my 2011. I’m having the same problem but I gotten the 9001 code 2 weeks ago and I’m still waiting. Let me know if you get your refund any time soon as I will do the same for you.

Annoyed tax payer

Thank you for the update , I called again this morning and was reffered to a tax advocate and was assured in my scenario it should not hold up the process but aid in it🤞🏻Fingers crossed they are correct going crazy here checking !!

mary

had the same thing once I got the 9001 a week later i had my refund.

Viewing 18 reply threads
                                          • The forum ‘2017 Tax Season’ is closed to new topics and replies.