Join Live Discussion

Received letter had to fax forms 8962 & 1095A

Home » Forums » General Discussion » 2018 Tax Season » Received letter had to fax forms 8962 & 1095A

• Topic Starter
    Monica

I filed and was accepted 01/22. My one bar changed 02/03/2018 and received letter 02/09. I faxed same day, now the wait. Anyone ever experienced this? I only had marketplace for ONE month. How long did it take to see any changed to your WMR? Thanks :)

Viewing 62 replies - 451 through 512 (of 512 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Monica

okay thanks. and hoping we update Saturday as well <3

JustAshe
    @justashe

@tootiredofwaiting that’s exactly what they told me. I came out on 2/15, I am hoping for an update on WMR on Saturday :)

NikkiH
    @onesky79

@Monica: I’ve seen people on the main feed saying that but also others who shot it down saying it didn’t matter unless you’re self employed so I’m not sure if that is an indicator or not. I don’t understand why the reps keep telling me mine isn’t done processing but my transcripts look complete to me. All filled out with codes and I have the 570 hold code now.

TooTiredofWaiting
    @tootiredofwaiting

@Trena she said it was out of errors and back in regular processing. She said that in the System it should be completely done within 10 days as when it comes out errors it’s like they just received it for the first time. She then said you know I’m suppose to tell you to wait the six weeks but I see this is your second time calling so I hopefully this gives you peace of mind

Trena

@tootiredofwaiting what information did you get? Called twice today and they won’t tell me anything.

Monica

Wow, Congrats on some form of updates ladies. Now, on another forum a lady mentions to sign up on ssa.gov and if your 2017 earnings have been reported to SSA then you have been processed with IRS. Anyone EVER heard of this?? I just registered and saw my 2017 earnings and actually it was a little more than what my W2 says

Steph

Thank you so much for the info! Just called and was super sweet to the rep and at first she didn’t want to look it up and started with the whole 8 week bit and when I said I knew others in the same boat and that all I wanted was for her to check she gave in and yes they received my paper work and that I should see something in about 30 days. Let’s hope so! Fingers and toes crossed!

Dee

I’m going to try and call again

TooTiredofWaiting
    @tootiredofwaiting

At first they tried to tell
    Me that you have to wait 6 to 8 weeks and I let her knew that I understood that I would have to 6 to 8 weeks however that is after you receive the fax. I then told her that I don’t think it would be fair to me to have to wait six weeks to find out that they never received the fax when I can just be told yes we received the fax or no we didn’t receive the fax. After that she sung like a canary

TooTiredofWaiting
    @tootiredofwaiting

@Dee that’s not true. If you get a nice one they can check for you.

NikkiH
    @onesky79

@Natalie: 800-829-0582 x 652 – I get through everytime. Tell them you got a letter – never had a rep refuse to look after telling them I got a letter

Natalie

What number are y’all calling? I keep calling 18008291040 but I don’t get to speak to anyone.

NikkiH
    @onesky79

Yes, I think TT152 reappears when they are finished processing the 8962. Reason I say that is because of my experience:

Had 1 bar – rec’d letter on 2/10, faxed 1095A & 8962 same day (2/10).
    Lost bars on Sunday night 2/11 and TT152 was missing – generic “STILL being processed message”
    TT152 showed back up this Wednesday, 2/21. IRS confirmed same day they had finished processing my 8962, but keep telling me (including this morning) that my return is still being processed.
    This morning, after being told it’s still being processed, I demanded my transcripts be faxed to me and low and behold – it looks complete to me! It’s all filled out, I have all good codes and the 570 hold code. Looks like I’m just waiting to be pushed out to a DDD at this point. Hopefully it won’t sit another week

Steph

No change. This waiting is excruciating! I need that money. I’ve called twice and both times was told to wait 8 weeks and if I didn’t have my refund yet to call back and see what the problem is all I want to know is if they got my fax paperwork. I don’t want to mail it in now but i wish I did. At least then I’d know they had it. Ugh 😑

Dee

I haven’t updated either. Tried calling the IRS yesterday to see if they receive my 1095 and 8962 but the lady I spoke with said that she couldn’t tell me if they received it or not. 🙄 Transcripts are still unavailable. Wage transcript is blank. Still don’t have a tax topic. 🤦🏽‍♂️

Ashley83

Does anyone know if Tax Topic 52 reappears- is that a good thing?!

NikkiH
    @onesky79

Any changes today for anyone here? Nothing yet for me. Called again this morning and “still not finished processing”… ugh! Still hoping for an update tomorrow morning but tbh not really feeling too positive today :(

Monica

This gives me a great relief that they confirmed my fax received to that I faxed 02/11 which was a Sunday. I knew it wouldnt process on a Sunday but when I called yesterday she stated no ID verification letter was found in record. I assumed I had to ID ver since so many others have. She said “Just processing and give it time” Thanks everyone for encouraging us all through this long time experience. We almost there *Fingers crossed* <3

Sara

I used the back door to call without giving them any of my info :) Unfortunately, that’s my second time calling and they keep saying everything is probably okay, they can’t research anything until after the 28th, still processing is good, yes of course we would mail it to the address showing on your IRS profile, yes any notice would trigger a code on WMR. Blah, blah, blah. It’s my understanding that without the letter nothing can be done.

TooTiredofWaiting
    @tootiredofwaiting

Sorry for the misspelled words at work

TooTiredofWaiting
    @tootiredofwaiting

@Patty I think it’s just based off of who you get. I called yesterday and was blessed to have someone check to see if my fax was received thatvIbfaced on Sunday. Yesterday I was still in errors. Today I called and I was told my fax was received and I am back in regular processing and in the system it states it should be done in about 10 days. She said she is supposed to tell me 6 weeks but she could tell in my voice I was really worried. Just a little FYI for everyone: if you never have to fax anything the IRS has two “working days” to process that fax in the system as received per the IRS manual. So since I faxed it on a Sunday and Monday was holiday. Tuesday and Wednesday would have been the two days.

Patty

Filed and accepted 1/29 one bar until 2/17 then went to still processing message refund amout still there tt152 gone. I called 2/20 and was told letter was mailed 2/13 fro 1095-a. They gave me the fax number and what I needed to do. Faxed everything same day 2/20. Hoping it goes quickly. I just want my bars back. Hoping bars come back Saturday. If you call and tell them you are just checking on your refund they will look and tell you if forms were recieved. If you tell them you want to check on fax they will tell you to wait 8 weeks.

NikkiH
    @onesky79

@Sara: I only had marketplace coverage for the first 2 months in 2017 and they caught mine. My prepared didn’t bother asking me about insurance and I completely forgot about it. I’m thinking they will catch it and you will receive a letter soon. Consensus so far this year is it’s taking about a week and a half to process once it’s faxed in. Faxed mine 2/10, just finished processing it yesterday. Hoping for an update Saturday but no clue. Sorry, probably not what you want to hear :(

Sara

I need advice. I had marketplace for 1 month and didn’t file it with my taxes. This is the first mistake I’ve ever made in 20 years of filing. I filed 2/2, no path, stuck on 1 bar until 2/20 with still processing, still being processed, and finally lost all bars and still processing, no tax topic. Transcripts N/A. No letter. I called a couple weeks ago and they couldn’t tell me anything since it hadn’t been 21 days. Will they catch the missing 8962? Should I call and risk raising a flag? It gives me an extra $30 I could care less about. My address this year is different but updated where my transcripts should be.

TooTiredofWaiting
    @tootiredofwaiting

I sure hope so

NikkiH
    @onesky79

@tootiredofwaiting: Lost my tt152 almost immediately. Got the letter Saturday, 2/10, faxed same day, lost bars & the tt on Sunday night / Monday morning and they just reappeared. Maybe you not losing yours is a good sign? Hoping for an update for you on Saturday too!

NikkiH
    @onesky79

Same to you Monica. I called this morning hoping they’d give me a date but the lady said although they did finish processing what I sent in the return isn’t finished. Since it’s only Thursday, I’m hoping it finishes up today / tomorrow to update Saturday. I filed so early this stupid form has got me waiting longer than I ever have

TooTiredofWaiting
    @tootiredofwaiting

That’s the thing with me my tax topic never left. But it seems like y’all had about a 10 day turn around after y’all faxed the info so I’m sure I won’t uodatebuntil next week. But it would be nice to update this weekend

Monica

I’m with you Nikki *Fingers crossed*

NikkiH
    @onesky79

Finally goty tt1t2 back this morning. I’m takimg that as a good sign. Still hoping to update Sat. To approved

Dee

That’s good that they’ve already processed yours. I faxed mine two weeks before they sent me my letter so hopefully the longest I’ll have to wait is second week of March.

Monica

I requested via mail because online would not accept my BOOST mobile LOL

Dee

Monica are you able to view your transcripts?

Monica

My tax topic 152 disappeared 02/10 and today 02/21 tax topic is back with still being processed message.

NikkiH
    @onesky79

Oh and BTW – can’t view transcripts online so that’s no help for me at this point. Was told they would be blank because the 8962 isn’t finished processing yet.

Melissa M Revis

Hi Monica. I have the same situation and never lost my tax topic.

NikkiH
    @onesky79

I’m here with you. Received my letter & faxed my 8962 & 1095A on Saturday, 2/10. Lost my bars on Sunday night 2/11 with the generic “your return is still being processed” and I lost TT152. Still the same today, no changes, no updates, still missing TT152. Have called everyday looking for it to be finished and was told again this morning its “still processing” and said I had to wait 6 weeks! I know they give worse case scenarios but being in limbo for this long is killing me. Was hoping to see some movement this morning :(

TooTiredofWaiting
    @tootiredofwaiting

@Monica nevermind I found wher you stated that already

TooTiredofWaiting
    @tootiredofwaiting

Monica, how long before you were able to order transcripts?

Monica

i ordered transcripts but as of this morning my tax topic is back! I am assuming this is a good thing :)

Dee

I also sent in my 1095A. Caught it before I got the letter (today letter came in the mail) sent my 1095 and 8962 about two weeks ago. Last time this happened I got my refund the beginning of March. Were any of you guys able to view your transcripts? I can’t view any.

Monica

Its great to not feel alone. I also ordered transcripts by mail 2/19/18

JustAshe
    @justashe

Received the letter on 2/5, faxed forms on 2/6. IRS just told me it was closed on 2/15, but still no DDD. I am a weekly, so hopefully Wednesday I’ll get one :)

So there’s hope for allyou 8962ers out there!

Kasha

Filed 1/29/18
    Accepted 1/29/18
    Received letter requesting 1095 a and 8962 2/05/18
    Bars gone on WMR 2/06/18
    Faxed papers 2/09/18
    Ordered transcripts by mail 2/19/18(takes 5-7 days)
    Called today 2/20/18
    IRS said still being processed and to wait 6 weeks

Ashley83

I am in the same boat- filed and accepted 1/23 and then on 2/10 received the letter and faxed all information over on 2/10 & 2/12. I did follow up to make sure received and was told could take 6-8 weeks. UGH- I did check WMR & still same message ” your return is being processed”

Monica

I am hoping so as well Winter. Thanks! I am just glad she was nice enough to tell me they got the fax but she couldn’t confirm when they received it. I am patient LOL

Winter

That’s awesome Monica!! I did the same thing last year too lol!! Hopefully you see movement this week :-)

Monica

Thanks definitely patience is the virtue. I couldn’t resist though. Called IRS this morning pretending that I needed to do ID theft due to Equifax breach etc. Rep was really nice and said so far I see we received your fax and its processing but I do not see anything about ID verification. Woooooo What a relief. Because I was apart of the Equity Data breach. I needed some info and at least I know they received it. Waiting patiently.

Charles James

BE PATIENCE! IT WILL TAKE A WHILE:)

I had the same problem last year(only had ACA for 1 month). Filed early feb 17, got letter a week or so later, faxed docs asap, and didn’t receive funds until April 17. IRS makes it a big deal so you never forget those forms again. Be patience, it will take while amigo.

Kathryn

Filed and accepted 1/30. Went to still processing 2/14 and received letter Saturday (2/17). Faxed everything today (2/19). I hope all of us get lucky and only have to wait an extra week.

Monica

Good luck JustAshheres to a DDD this week!!! Fingers crossed. You maybe apart of the 1st batch…

Winter

@JustAshe That’s what happened to me last year once they received my paperwork. Topic came back about 4-5 days after I submitted, then on Wednesday my bars came back, Friday I got the 846 on my transcripts, and got a DD on Saturday (Friday night update). I was a weekly. It sounds like you are moving forward at any rate.

JustAshe
    @justashe

I”m in the same boat here. Faxed my forms back on 2/6. Still waiting. UGH. Hoping for early march. When this happened, I had 1 bar, but it dropped. I did notice my WMR changed back from Your Refund is still processing and no tax topics to “Your refund is still being processed” and TT152 is back this weekend. Good sign? Yes? No? Thoughts?

Monica

Thanks all. Will keep you posted as well

Zannah

Same, had marketplace for one month. D9nt expect any updates on your account until 4 weeks after faxing or mailing back forms. Don’t expect a ddd any earlier than 3/30.

You could indeed get your deposit earlier, but let’s be realistic here.

TooTiredofWaiting
    @tootiredofwaiting

I filed 1/30 and accepted 1/30. Received letter to fax both forms 2/17. Lost my only bar on wmr 2/18 and went to “your refund is still being processed.” Tax topic still there(152). Faxed forms back 2/18. Transcripts have been blank since I filed. Will keep you updated of any movement

Jenny

I got same letter on 5th. I called a week after I faxed to verify and they said they received it and it’s processing. To expect either another letter or my refund within 6wks from the week they received fax

Steph

Same here I called the next day after I faxed the forms and was told to call back in 8 weeks if I didn’t see a change or receive my refund.

Monica

Thanks and that gives me a relief :)

Winter

I had this happen last year. It only delayed my refund by one week. It resequenced when they were done with the info and my bars came back on WMR on a Saturday morning (I’m a weekly). Fingers crossed for an update overnight!!

Monica

Thanks, at least we know we are not alone :)

melskiroc

Hi I filed 1/22 received letter on 2/10. Faxed 8962 on 2/11. No movement no change on WMR.

Viewing 62 replies - 451 through 512 (of 512 total)
  • The forum ‘2018 Tax Season’ is closed to new topics and replies.