Randomly Selected for Accuracy

Home Forums General Discussion 2020 Tax Season Randomly Selected for Accuracy

• Topic Starter
    Brittanyth123

What does this even mean? I called today and was told that my return was randomly selected for accuracy and to check back on March 2nd. Was told I will not receive anything until 45 days AFTER March 2nd. Is this real? Does it really take 45 days or is it possible that this is just a time frame they give everyone? I am so upset. I have never had this happen. Ever. I claim two children every year and never report anything incorrectly.

Viewing 11 reply threads
    • Author
      Replies
        Spookyrides
          @spookyrides

[quote quote=4363445] @spookyrides how do I get a tax advocate? I am still so confused on this whole process. Did I do something wrong? I’ve never had this happen.[/quote] Call the ITS and tell them about your 45 day hold, then ask for the national number for an Tax Advocate. Once you call that number, someone should get back to you within 2-3 days from a local office.

Glock20

If you owe them, put them off for 45 days for an accuracy check and see what happens.

Bettyxsue

How do you know if your selected for accuracy?

Brittanyth123

@spookyrides how do I get a tax advocate? I am still so confused on this whole process. Did I do something wrong? I’ve never had this happen.

Spookyrides
                  @spookyrides

The 45 days sadly can turn into several more 45 day periods. Anyone that needs their refund to keep utilities from being turned off or getting evicted should, and can ask for a Tax Advocate (junior IRS Agent) to get involved. Had this whole thing happen 2 years ago along with redacted B. I think we both Finally got our refunds in Nov/Dec. This type of “random” stuff should be illegal but, sadly the IRS Only answers to the Fed who could care less.

jenjenjenjen

What codes do your transcripts show? What’s your cycle date and processing date?

Perry
                      @perry

That sucks. I’m sorry that happened to you. The ones who can get the eitc are the ones who really need it.

Brittanyth123

I am showing that it is processing. NOT that it’s still processing or whatever.

Fart Party

@Brittanyth123

Are you showing the “STILL processing” or “BEING processed” notice on WMR?
                          Blank transcripts?
                          I’ve been tempted to call IRS
                          Trying to wait until Monday, but see so many others in the same boat, blah!

filed 1/31 TT

Shells

I have been there. Yes it can take that long, I hope yours goes better than mine did. It turned out my husband’s employer didn’t report his wages correctly, and trying to get info from the IRS was like pulling teeth. It took til May to get our refund. This was in 2018

Brittanyth123

I filed on January 28th and it was accepted on January 28th. I claim the earned income credit and the child tax credit or whatever it is. It has been 21 days so I decided to call them and she had me on hold for 15 minutes and then came back and said that I was part of the bunch that was randomly selected for accuracy and that I wouldn’t know anything until 45 days past March 2nd.

Redacted
                                @removed

Hi, when did you file and did you claim earned income?

Sounds like this may be just another type of random review they do.

Viewing 11 reply threads
                            • The forum ‘2020 Tax Season’ is closed to new topics and replies.