PATHers anticipation party…

Home Forums General Discussion 2019 Tax Season PATHers anticipation party…

• This topic has 91 replies, 14 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by jessica143.
  • Topic Starter
    Gimmetheloot

Filed 1/22
      H&RB…
      Accepted 1/22
      EIC
      Cycle Code 20190405

Anyone traveling in the same boat as me?! Let’s keep each other posted!

Viewing 90 reply threads
    • Author
      Replies
        jessica143

Sorry! You might request a pin or something to get it setup for next year at any rate. I think you can request them by phone too but I think that takes a little bit of time. 😕 Sorry!

Lishalynn

I just ordered 3 years of tax return transcripts and account transcripts on the 2 and got them yesterday

Jen

Didn’t work and now I’m locked out for 24 hours. I’m not even going to try the transcripts again I’ll just keep check my account and TPG.

Jen

Oh let me try that!! Lol

jessica143

Oh darn! Someone said their SSN worked for their account number.

Hopefully you can access them online!

Jen

I tried to get the transcripts but for some reason they didn’t accept my student loan account number it said that my information didn’t match what they have on file. Lol this is all one big headache.

jessica143

You might want to pull up your transcripts online and see if they are available. It will let you know based on your cycle code if you are Daily or weekly for updates and that will give you a better idea as to when you should expect your next update.

Jen

Just the Tax Topic 152 which has been showing the whole time because I claimed EIC. I don’t recall even seeing the Path message but it could have been on there. I filed 1/26 accepted on 1/28 and no movement until today I lost bars.

jessica143

Do you have any codes on WMR or your transcripts? If not then it’s nothing bad usually. Might be getting an update soon?

Jen

I lost all bars today on WMR. I’m not sure what that means but now I am nervous because I seen on another thread that that happened to them and they never got their refund until October. Has anyone else that’s a PATH filer seen this happen today also?

Alisen
                              @simplyalise

Last year i didn’t get any update on WMR and i filed on 2/6, got my refund 2/16. sometimes it updates sometimes it doesn’t. who knows what actually going on right now with the IRS.

jessica143

Nothing will update until at least the 15th for path filers.

I think people are just starting to get better transcript access and info.

Until a code 846 pops up on your transcripts I don’t think a DDD will post on WMR but that’s just my opinion.

No one has gotten federal DD and had path credits. They might have gotten their state return but not federal…it’s the law 🤷‍♀️

Ava

Why do I keep checking in here when I know nothing will happen until after the 15th?

Kaley

Filed 1/23
                                    Accepted 1/28
                                    Path notice 2/2
                                    Cycle Code 20190605

Can someone help with my date I should get it.

I am going to add a co worker that claimed HOH,EIC, and ACTC. Got his refund TODAY!!!

Melissa
                                      @melissavsworld

Everything I’ve read thus far says that we won’t get an update if we are PATH until 2/23, and the earliest deposits will be 2/27. I’ve never been PATH before, and a stupid $56 credit is what is holding up my taxes (my filing status since my husband walked out a year ago and has been living outside the marital home with no support to his kids or the household in over 6 months). This is annoying and inconvenient, but…. I’m not going to even anticipate an update for the next week and a half.

jessica143

Amber
                                        That’s interesting. The 846 code is what signals a refund in the system. Does your transcript last year have any other codes?

From what I understand a refund isn’t issued until your transcript closes out which usually means 846 code has posted if you are due a refund. Do your other years look like that too?

Amber

I do not have an 846 code on my transcripts from last year. I got my refund so the 846 code is not required.

ray c

we are all in the same boat it looks like. Hurry up and wait lol. Until the Path law is redone or something, I don’t see much use in being in a rush to file early like most of us did. Lesson learned. They gonna slow walk us AGAIN. Dangle that carrot lol. My thing is, My family and I just wanna get out of debt and see whats left over lol. We are almost there guys.

jessica143

Does anyone with PATH have transcripts with an 846 code yet?

I’m wondering if those of us who have available transcripts but are PATH have the 150, 766 and 806 codes but won’t update until next week with the 846 code and the date next to it.

And with Monday being a holiday I’m not sure how that affects us dailies who usually update Tuesday morning. Maybe if the process is automated it will still update the transcripts with the 846 code

jessica143

My transcripts finally posted this morning.

Filed 1/30
                                                Accepted 1/31
                                                One bar on WMR since 2/1 with TT 152

All transcripts available today (Wage one still says no return filed so I’m guessing that updates later?)

Cycle code: 20190702 so I’m a daily and should see WMR update on Wednesday.

No 846 code on transcript yet though so I’m guessing my WMR will update tomorrow to two bars and then transcripts will update again next Tuesday with 846 code and date and WMR should update next Wednesday with a DDD if I’m understanding how the transcripts and WMR systems are updating.

Has anyone in the daily cycle codes gotten transcript updates on a day other than Tuesday?

Aviance

Still on Path 😒

Jasmine
                                                    @jasmine

Man I wanna spend my money 💆🏾‍♀️😂

Jen

All I know is this tax season has been so discouraging!!

Alisen
                                                        @simplyalise

@Jennifer Starr I’m feeling the same way. last yeah my date was like 2/23 or something like that but i got it on 2/16. i didnt expect it at all, so when i got it i was so surprise. I’m hoping the same thing happens this year.

Jennifer Starr
                                                          @jstarr

Last year, my DDD was late, like Feb 27 or 28, my refund hit my account on Feb 22. I really do think they give themselves a cushion, just in case. I’m being nitpicky about what mid February means. Mostly because I really want my deposit this week…lol I am burning to pay off my car. Technically, mid month would be Thursday the 14th, because only 28 days in February, that’s my story and I’m sticking to it.

Matt

Oh good hopefully the same holds true this year!

Wick3d

They said 27th last year also, got mine Feb 21st 8am

Matt
                                                                Matt

From irs.gov.
                                                                  Taxpayers who claim the Earned Income Tax Credit or the Additional Child Tax Credit may experience a refund hold. According to the Protecting Americans from Tax Hikes (PATH) Act, the IRS cannot issue these refunds before mid-February. The IRS expects the earliest EITC/ACTC related refunds to be available in taxpayer bank accounts or debit cards starting February 27, 2019, if these taxpayers chose direct deposit and there are no other issues with their tax return.

Where’s My Refund? ‎on IRS.gov and the IRS2Go mobile app will be updated February 23 for the vast majority of early filers who claimed the Earned Income Tax Credit or the Additional Child Tax Credit. These taxpayers will not see a refund date on Where’s My Refund? or through their software packages until then. The IRS, tax preparers and tax software will not have additional information on refund dates, so Where’s My Refund? remains the best way to check the status of a refund. Where’s My Refund? is only updated once daily, usually overnight, so checking it more often will not produce new or different results.

Why is my refund being held?

If you claim the EITC or ACTC on your tax return, the IRS cannot issue your refund before mid-February. The law requires the IRS to hold the entire refund — even the portion not associated with the EITC or ACTC. Like previous years, some tax refunds may be held if there are questions about the tax return or the IRS needs more information.

When will I get my refund?

The IRS expects the earliest EITC/ACTC related refunds to be available in taxpayer bank accounts or debit cards starting February 27, 2019, if these taxpayers chose direct deposit and there are no other issues with their tax return.

Sweetiee

Here’s my timeline thus far. If anyone can shed some insight that would be great.
                                                                    Filed 1/29
                                                                    Accepted 1/30
                                                                    Order Transcripts with NEW address 2/8 evening by phone. Would that mean I’m processed since they were sent with new address?
                                                                    During the update that happened Saturday NIGHT 2/9!between 9-12 pm , I updated to the PATH Message. That part right there confuses me because I never updated in the evening before. Would that make me daily or weekly this year since it was a Saturday night update?
                                                                    Also for the 2017 & 2018 refund years I always updated on a Wednesday for a Friday deposit and got it on a Thursday. I’m hoping I update by 2/15

Jennifer Starr
                                                                      @jstarr

@Mahogany From what I understand, those that have already been accepted and processed, shouldn’t see a delay as the rest is mostly a computer automated release of funds. Anyone needing further processing or human intervention will likely see a delay in processing or refunds. Audits will be slowed down, ID Verify, or any other issue that takes it away from an automated process. This is why there were so many ads telling everyone to e-file this year as paper returns and checks will be delayed by another government shut down.

silkyblue2000

have same cycle code 20190405 viewed transcripts online and printed them has processing date February 18 and has – credit to my tax account :)

• #4265467
                                                                        Mahogany

What happens if the government shuts down again on the 15th?

• #4265459
                                                                          jessica143

Hopefully we get transcript updates this week! I’m starting to think those of us that filed/were accepted on 1/30 and 1/31 got resequenced if we are PATH. I still haven’t been updated to the PATH message yet. Just one bar and TT 152 and a blank Account transcript and wage transcript. Hopefully we will see an update soon! I filed 1/30 and was accepted 1/31 and have been sitting still with these updates ever since. We are getting ACTC and college credits. We added a new baby this year but everything else is still relatively the same so who knows what the hold up is this time. Always seems like there’s some crazy reason or delay. I wish the IRS would prioritize efficiency and make better updates and communication processes.

• #4265431
                                                                            Wick3d

@Jessica

On different thread didn’t u say u are a patter and not did on different date u said here?

• #4265422
                                                                              Amber

Filed/accepted 1/31. Got both EIC and ACTC. Updated to path message 2/9. Anyone know when to possibly expect next update for DD? I know it said mid-late feb…

• #4265416
                                                                                Taxinnnn

Filed 2/6 accepted 2/6 no EIC just ACTC updated to path 2/8, was able to order both transcripts this morning. Guess things are going well.

• #4265402
                                                                                  Mrs.Dickey

Filed 2/2
                                                                                    accepted 2/4
                                                                                    PATH message sometime last week
                                                                                    This morning there is a message saying they can’t provide information on our return.

• #4265262
                                                                                    mssilky

Same boat. Filed 2.2, accepted 2.2 both eitc and actc…. 1 bar and no changes, no path message… just holding at 1 bard. what is going on this year

• #4265253
                                                                                      Erin

no updates for me on anything

• #4265244
                                                                                        Megan
                                                                                          @ezzybearsmomma

Anyone have anything new to report?

• #4264000
                                                                                          Erin

@chris – have you been able to see your transcripts?

• #4263981
                                                                                            Chris

I updated to PATH this morning, filled and accepted on 2/4/2019. What does that mean for me in terms of refund? I’m very new to the whole tracking of refunds and timelines. Thanks

• #4263962
                                                                                              Bobbi

Based off of what I’m reading on IRS.gov, the processing date listed on ur transcripts is the date they will begin to process the return. But as we all know at this point it’s just a waiting game.
                                                                                                I’m a pather, filed 1/19 accepted 1/22, wmr updated 2/4 to PATH msg and no movement since. My sister who rcvd only the ACTC got her dd in her bank yesterday. Last yr I rcvd my dd on 2/9 and b4 wmr even updated. Who knows anymore whats gonna happen and when lol….Wishes for a speedy refund to all!

• #4263911
                                                                                                Koka

Filed 1/25
                                                                                                  Accepted 1/25
                                                                                                  Delay message since 2/3
                                                                                                  Transcripts 2/9 (has path code)
                                                                                                  Cycle code 20190405
                                                                                                  Processing date: 2/18/19

• #4263894
                                                                                                  sean

@Tayneedher$ I agree….unless Presidents Day pushes to Tues

• #4263893
                                                                                                    sean

@Tayneedher$ I agree….

• #4263844
                                                                                                      Tayneedher$
                                                                                                        @taybaby

Filed 1/22
                                                                                                        Accepted 1/24
                                                                                                        Path since 2/1

I believe people will start seeing deposits on the 11th for pathers if your bank releases funds early. I got mines before mid feb last year

• #4263827
                                                                                                        Roboto

Filed with TT on 2/1 and was accepted same day. Woke up to the PATH message today. Now the waiting game starts…

• #4263819
                                                                                                          Cortney

Filed 2/5
                                                                                                            Accepted 2/5
                                                                                                            Path 2/9

• #4263801
                                                                                                            Jessica

I am a PATHer and I filed 1/22 acceptance 1/28 and this AM got a DDD if 2/13!! I was super shocked! Last year didn’t get a DDD until I already had the money in my bank on 2/28 so I’m shocked I got a DDD if 2/13

• #4263798
                                                                                                              ray c

been on TT 152 AND PATH since Feb 1st. No updates. Filed and accepted 1/23. EICTC.. I have seen my transcripts online since Feb 1st. Have a cycle code of 20190505 and processing date of feb 18. Can someone tell me wth that means for my refund? lol

• #4263797
                                                                                                                Feblue

Every year I’ve been a Pather and I don’t see any updates until Sunday morning. I’m also a weekly so I’m waiting patiently for tomorrow morning.

• #4263794
                                                                                                                  Deeva

Filed 1/25
                                                                                                                    Accepted 1/25
                                                                                                                    PATH message 2/7

• #4263792
                                                                                                                    Whit

Filed 1/28 excepted 1/28 order transcripts on 1/30. However I got them in the mail 2 days ago and they were blank. Made account online with irs and was able to see process date of 2-18. Only child tax credit no EIC.hurry up momma needs a new AC lol

• #4263773
                                                                                                                      Me

Great news everyone! we are one day closer to the 15th, and one day closer to your deposit hits on the 22nd or the 27th, only to find out we will be poor again the day after our DDD.

• #4263772
                                                                                                                        Gandy

Filed 1/29 accepted 1/31 no updates as of this morning. Account transcript there but blank with 2/25 processing. I am a pather.

• #4263768
                                                                                                                          K

Filed 1/15
                                                                                                                            Accepted 1/22

Been on PATH since early this month. At this point I’m not expecting an update until next week.

• #4263759
                                                                                                                            Earthqueen1980

Numo update. Tax Topic 152 1 bar.

• #4263753
                                                                                                                              Rebecca
                                                                                                                                @fitmommy83

I finally got the PATH message this morning too!

• #4263742
                                                                                                                                Jessica1873
                                                                                                                                  @jg187387

I’m here for the party!!! Finally woke up to the PATH message 😁😁

• #4263725
                                                                                                                                  Erin

@jennifer
                                                                                                                                    I reviewed my last several years and my DD was well before my processing date but I don’t think that will be the case this year

• #4263716
                                                                                                                                    Erin

No updates for me this morning :(

Filed TT 1/26
                                                                                                                                      Accepted 1/28
                                                                                                                                      EIC & ACTC
                                                                                                                                      PATH since last Friday
                                                                                                                                      Account Transcripts Show 150/806/766/768
                                                                                                                                      No 846
                                                                                                                                      Processing date 2/18

• #4263680
                                                                                                                                      Me

nothing is going to happen until after the 15Th ,

• #4263660
                                                                                                                                        Nikki

I filled 1/29
                                                                                                                                          I have been at the path nest since the weekend of 2/1
                                                                                                                                          Able to view transcripts
                                                                                                                                          I have a processing date of 2/18
                                                                                                                                          I believe we will all see an up next Saturday

• #4263502
                                                                                                                                          Denae

Used TT
                                                                                                                                            Filed 1/12
                                                                                                                                            Accepted 1/14
                                                                                                                                            1 Bar , Tax Topic 152/Code 9001
                                                                                                                                            Transcripts 2/8
                                                                                                                                            Processing Date 2/25
                                                                                                                                            Hoping DDD 2/28

• #4263473
                                                                                                                                            Cece

Not to be negative but I highly doubt us PATHers will see anything tonight. They are all kinds of slow this year. Even WI whose been on the ball for years is cracking down.

• #4263472
                                                                                                                                              Alisen
                                                                                                                                                @simplyalise

I filed 1/23 and was accepted 1/24. It gave the PATH message till 2/5 and then it said “Your tax return is still being processed. A refund date will be provided when available.” I was able to order TT online today but for some reason wont let me make an account so i can actually view them online. So i ordered them but the 2018 ones were def there. I do have EIC, anyone else dealing with this reach out. Ive never had this messave before.

Thanks

• #4263455
                                                                                                                                                Amanda

This is the 1st year I received the Path message. I file EIC and the ACTC every year and for the last 2 years my deposit has came through on Presidents day. I have netspend and it came in pretty late in the evening. Hoping for a repeat this year, if not earlier. But I stayed on 1 bar the entire time, untill a few days after my dd.

• #4263434
                                                                                                                                                  Michelle

I just want the path message…

• #4263428
                                                                                                                                                    Metalheart
                                                                                                                                                      @xenka

I hope/wish I was wrong, but it’s unlikely that we’ll be in the update tonight… I’m thinking more like a week from tonight… and I’m worried that even that might be optimistic. :(

I was looking at last year’s feed and the PATHers started posting on the 16th that their transcripts were updated, and on the 17th that their WMR updated for a DDD of the 22nd. Those dates fall on the next day of the week this year–the 15th is on a Friday. So if our transcripts were to update on the 16th, well, that’s a Saturday. And the following Monday is a holiday. So we might see our transcripts update on Tuesday the 19th, WMR on Wednesday the 20th. Five days later is a Sunday.

The days of the week are not behaving nicely for us this year.

• #4263419
                                                                                                                                                      Bubbles

Filed: 1/30
                                                                                                                                                        Accepted: 1/30

TT

Cycle code 20190405

Yes I am a weekly. T_T *cries*

• #4263411
                                                                                                                                                        Michelle

Toasting when I get it. I hope all will go well for you all…🤗🤗🤗🤗😉

• #4263410
                                                                                                                                                          Keysha

@just me my remittance date says 04/15 as well and code 20190403

• #4263386
                                                                                                                                                            sean

@pablo it told me ….and i have only checked early am and lunch time ….that i exceeded my attenpts ha ha

• #4263385
                                                                                                                                                              Pablo

Big Update tonite on wmr ladies and gents time for happy hour 🍺🍻 and toast to the big update tonite

• #4263261
                                                                                                                                                                JustMe

Filed & accepted 2/3
                                                                                                                                                                  EIC & ACTC

Ordered transcripts
                                                                                                                                                                  20190603
                                                                                                                                                                  Remit date April 15, 2019?

Only differnce for me this year is I requested a mailed check rather than direct deposit.

I am guessing everything is done and I now it is a waiting game because of PATH.

• #4263245
                                                                                                                                                                  Jennifer
                                                                                                                                                                    @sandosshack

OK, so how long after processing date will the DD be made?

• #4263150
                                                                                                                                                                    cbrooking77
                                                                                                                                                                      @cbrooking77

Filed 1/28 accepted 1/29 path 2/1 tax topic 152 was able to order transcripts haven’t gotten them yet this is the first time I’ve gotten a Path message

• #4263144
                                                                                                                                                                      Awatt
                                                                                                                                                                        @awatt

Filed and accepted 1/28
                                                                                                                                                                        Path message 2/1
                                                                                                                                                                        Ordered both transcripts by mail today ( not sure if that even means anything) and now patiently waiting for the next update !

• #4262753
                                                                                                                                                                        Megan
                                                                                                                                                                          @ezzybearsmomma

I filed on 1/18
                                                                                                                                                                          Accepted on 1/22
                                                                                                                                                                          Changed to “processing check back for deposit date’ on Tuesday 2/4 on WMR
                                                                                                                                                                          Transcripts updated 2/7 with Cycle Code 20190604
                                                                                                                                                                          WMR updated today probably midnight to PATH – finally.
                                                                                                                                                                          Now the real wait begins.

Really wondering why it took so long to update to path msg though…

• #4262306
                                                                                                                                                                          Bull$hitcard

Pathers Updates friday and Saturday mornings. For a deposit on the next tuesdsy or Wednesday so just wait for what ever friday or satutday you up date. And that will be your ddd

• #4262300
                                                                                                                                                                            MrsW

I have a cycle code of 20190502, with a processing date of Feb. 18. Any idea when I might expect a DDD?

• #4262224
                                                                                                                                                                              Denae

What is a processing date and how do you find it?

• #4262184
                                                                                                                                                                                Ray

How do I find codes from transcripts? My transcripts only show 2017 and previous years.

• #4261581
                                                                                                                                                                                  Alwaysimpatientlywaiting
                                                                                                                                                                                    @alwaysimpatientlywaiting

I am in pretty much the same boat as you. Filed 1/18 H &R Block accepted 1/22. Cycle code is 20190405 with a processing date of 2/11 and all good codes on my transcripts.

• #4260929
                                                                                                                                                                                    Gimmetheloot

What’s everyones processing date?! Mine is 2/11. Last year it was 2/26 but my DDD was 2/22 and I got DD on 2/21.

• #4260841
                                                                                                                                                                                      Sharon

I filed with h&r block on 1/28 and was accepted the same day. I was updated to the path message on 2/1. Does anyone have an idea when that may update again? Does it usually update every week?

• #4260729
                                                                                                                                                                                        Metalheart
                                                                                                                                                                                          @xenka

Filed 1/22 H&R Block
                                                                                                                                                                                          Accepted 1/23
                                                                                                                                                                                          Switched to PATH 1/30
                                                                                                                                                                                          Cycle code 20190502
                                                                                                                                                                                          EIC, first time with that since before PATH existed

I’m new to reading transcripts, can someone tell me what the cycle code means? I know that mine translates to day 2 of week 5 of 2019, and that’s the day I posted to the master file. But I’m not sure what to do with that information…

• #4260725
                                                                                                                                                                                          Star

Filed 1/28
                                                                                                                                                                                            Accepted 1/28
                                                                                                                                                                                            Updated to PATH message 2/1
                                                                                                                                                                                            EIC (1st year claiming)

• #4260723
                                                                                                                                                                                            Heather Brown

Filed 1/4/19
                                                                                                                                                                                              Accepted 1/14/19
                                                                                                                                                                                              TT
                                                                                                                                                                                              Both child credits
                                                                                                                                                                                              Cycle code 20190405

Viewing 90 reply threads
                                                                                                                                                                                          • The forum ‘2019 Tax Season’ is closed to new topics and replies.