Path act update

Home Forums General Discussion 2017 Tax Season Path act update

• This topic has 32 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by Aaron.
  • Topic Starter
    Sarbear

At midnight eastern time my wmr changed from the path act message to just a “your return has been received and is being processed” no ddd filed 1/23 accepted same day child credit and earned income credit…hmm

Viewing 31 reply threads
    • Author
      Replies
        Aaron

I’m afraid I may be opening myself up to a never ending barrage of comments from people, but I work as a Data Transcriber for the IRS out of Kansas City, MO. Part of my role is to review flagged returns to see what steps, if any, need to be taken before they can be processed.

I cannot vouch for any specific individuals who voice their experiences on this forum, but I can confirm that taxpayers who claimed EIC/ACTC who have already been approved (which is a very high % of people who were accepted by 2/4) will see DD projections of 2/20-2/24 when the WMR? portal is updated early AM this Saturday. It’s also true that depending on the financial institution you bank with, that you could see your deposit pending since 2/16 and even receive your deposit on 2/17.

Yes, 2/27 is a padded date to try and eliminate thousands of repetitious calls tying up call centers that are also serving inquiries by taxpayers who were informed they needed to call to provide further information, etc. Just know that hundreds of millions of dollars have already left the treasury and are in transit.

The public relations department of the IRS takes several steps to ensure a consistent message is delivered to taxpayers, so if you are actually able to ease past the scripted responses you are receiving, and being told a deposit is projected for 2/22, I think you should believe them, as they are going outside the bounds of protocol because they, I don’t know, morally disagree with keeping people in the dark?

I see practically everyone on here going silent this Saturday because you will have been provided with a date (if you filed by 2/4). For all of you who see this as a shit show this year because of PATH ACT, you are absolutely right, on your side and on the side of the IRS. Not well managed at all.

Missy

Had path act. Updated on. 2/16 to received and processing. Checked my bank account and my money is pending in my account. Wmf did not say approved or sent just received and processing. Filed on 2/2/17

Pissed off US citizen

Jeez this is bull sh#t y cant the IRS just put the bars back on instead of it just saying processing.This year is just a screwed up year already.

me1234
                @kellann

I called h and r block. The automated system said IRS has finished processing my return. I talked with a live agent and they said IRS projected date says the 17th of FEB. IRS website had path act now says processing but hr say federal has finished processing

Katstacks

I spoke with an IRS representative this morning and she was very pleasant. She looked through my return and told me that I didn’t have any holds but I did have an offset. She couldn’t tell me the amount but stated that it would not delay my refund. She also mentioned that i should be receiving my refund within a week or so. So I’m thinking its approved just hasn’t been released yet. Fingers cross and hoping to have it by Next a Wednesday 😁😁😁😁

jovi

I just spoke with the IRS. They told me I do infact have the 846 code now. My file date 1/21 1/23 accepted 1/24 Path message wmr updated last night to return is being processed. Cycle date of 20170403. And she said my release date was 2/22. Anyone have any idea of about how long until I see some money?

Josh

Mine is saying the same thing. I no longer have the path message!

Tiff

I agree with Kim..i believe my date will be 2\22 as well an will update again on feb 18th… I have explained it in a few threads 27th is a projected date to have it to u..thats all money doesn’t take long to transfer..but some banks hold some don’t u have weekends holiday its a time frame an it will happen before that time..so jus 😃 smile were all good most of us..u haven’t gotten a letter msg to call i wouldn’t worry they can’t take whats yours…

Tiff

I agree with Kim..i believe my date will be 2\22 as well an will update again on feb 18th… I have explained it in a few threads 27th is a projected date to have it to u..thats all money doesn’t take long to transfer..but some banks hold some don’t u have weekends holiday its a time frame an it will happen before that time..so jus 😃 smile were all good most of us..u haven’t gotten a letter msg to call i wouldn’t worry they can’t take whats yours…

Luis
                            @luimelend25

From what I am hearing, The Where’s My Refund tool will update the 18th and most of us affected by the PATH law will see our deposit dates on there.

Kim

Chill people…I bet you will all get updated with your DDD overnight Saturday. I am pretty sure my DDD will say 2/22/17 as I always get my refund on Wednesdays and my processing date says 2/20/17

Ten1seven

Back to processing, at least tomorrow is payday :) maybe I’ll have my refund by my bday 3/9, that’ll be nice…

Daniel Tolliver
                                  @dptolliver35

Same here updated to received
                                  and still processing

Scott Forster

@digg5779 I don’t have EITC or ACTC either. I filed on 1/30, and I don’t even have a PATH message, just Return Received and the standard 9 out of 10 and 21 days crap along with tax topic 152 on mine…

NonaSC

Mine too says still processing. Check my online transcript and it remains the same no code 846.

CC

Good morning
                                        My PATH message updated to processing. I have both credits. On my transcript it says processing date 2/20/2017. Is that my DDD?

Lynn

I just pulled up my transcript and it now has a 846 Refund issued and 3/6/2017. I have a processing date of 2/20 with a code of 20170505.. it’s funny how when you owe the IRS they pull no stops to get their money, but when they are the ones that owe it’s a waiting game. I understand the why but this has been horrible.

digg9779

I don’t even have EITC or ACTC so I don’t know how I got caught up in this PATH madness! Instead of receiving a DDD last Saturday, I received this stupid PATH crap and I’m still waiting. This lets me know that this PATH debacle needs to be changed. I’ve seen several cases online where people who didn’t have those credits got caught in the PATH net. This lets me know that the system has glitches so if it can’t even process a regular return without the credits, how the heck is it doing its job….just my two cents!!

Lety

Same here ” received and being processes”.
                                              I wish this Path Act law would change. I defenetly agree IRS needs to stop fraud, but how about the honest tax payers that claim EITC . they need a system that can separate
                                              ” the good, the bad, and the ugly”, so that our refunds cab be released sooner. Hopeful changes are made in the years to come.

Kourtnee

Mine too!

Kent

This is just like the irs said some will see your return is being processed and some will have a DDD.But the way it talked everyone will know something for sure on the Feb 18.

Amanda

Mine too this is bs no topic code or anything they could give us more and Atleast our bars back now that we waited from this path bs we get this one sentence 👿👿👿

Savanna

Mine updated to. Same message amount is back but no tax topic.

Mrsburch

Mine did as well! Hopefully that is a good thing:)

Kelly

Mine too!!

MCW

Mine says the same. “Received and is being processed “

Hm

I have the same thing well had the same thing “we received have received your tax return and it is being processed ” I checked it again now it’s back to path SMH

Kathryn

Mine too fingers crossed it’s a good thing

AM88

Ditto.

Mine update to that as well. Refund amount is back on the side too. Hopefully another update later.

The Other Kat

Mine now says, “We have received your tax return and it is being processed.” Amount’s back as well.

Filed 1/22
                                                                    Accepted 1/23
                                                                    PATH notice since 1/28

Kent

No change for me just checked still have path act msg.At least something is happening for some people.

Always Unhappy at Tax Time :(

Mine updated also. Hoping for a ddd after 6 :)

Viewing 31 reply threads
                                                                    • The forum ‘2017 Tax Season’ is closed to new topics and replies.