Offset?

• This topic has 16 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by winter is coming.
  • Topic Starter
    Alyssa
      @lyssboswell

I have two state tax offsets. Transcript updated overnight with 846 for full refund amount. DDD 2/16. When I call TOPS line it says debts “may” be offset but no amounts. When will I know?

Viewing 15 reply threads
    • Author
      Replies
        winter is coming

When irs portal updates, if there is an offset, does the message update on the refund approved message or refund sent message? I updated to refund approved overnight with no offset message for DD 4/27. Just wondering if it was subjected to offset would I know by this message or not till the sent message. Thanks

Gia

Did you end up getting full refund?

Dsca
              @dsca

It’s always something.

DD of 2/24. WMR updated to offset message. Owed $40.23 to state taxes which were taken out from state refund 2/18, which i will be receiving letter of adjustment on 2/24 from dept of revenue. I’ll update if there’s a delay.

soundclutch
                @soundclutch

Transcripts updated 846 code DDD 2/24. Filed jointly wife has student loan debt. Did NOT file IS this year. We shall see

Anthony

Hi, any update on the offset? I do know code 898 is the code for an offset and usually appears 11 days after code 846 refund date.

Alyssa
                    @lyssboswell

WMR updated to refund approved with tax topic 203 but the full federal refund is already pending in my account. Not sure if the amount can change between now and Wednesday when it hits? It appears they’ve already sent the funds to my bank since they are pending.

Ohwhatfun

I just looked at my state return and it was offset. The number isn’tworking. Can’t look at transcripts. Idk if my federal will be offset too. Frustrated isn’t even the word for it. And no update on my work.
                      Filed and excepted 2/2
                      1 bar and topic 152..

Alyssa
                        @lyssboswell

@frustratedmom

Not getting a state refund. We always owe state…just wondering how I will know if they are taking the offset since they weren’t taking them last year..I’ve heard there might be a code on your transcript. I’ve also heard nothing will show until after your ddd has come and gone.

Frustratedmom

Maybe they will just take your state refund

Alyssa
                            @lyssboswell

@frustratedmom

No unemployment. It’s for state taxes.

Frustratedmom

Okay… I just realized you said state debt…. Did you have unemployment before

Alyssa
                                @lyssboswell

@frustratedmom

I did call, it says the refund “may” be offset but not that it has been. It also doesn’t say the amount of the debt

Alyssa
                                  @lyssboswell

@ladyluck84

I believe that is for student loan debt only

Yourfavgirl
                                    @sophisticatedlady

Same here.

Ladyluck84

I think offsets are postpone till may 2022 I may be wrong but think so

Frustratedmom

Call the Offset line to see 1-800-304-3107

Viewing 15 reply threads
                                    • The forum ‘2022 Tax Season’ is closed to new topics and replies.