Obtaining IP Pin

Home Forums General Discussion 2020 Tax Season Obtaining IP Pin

• This topic has 11 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by DaDon09.
  • Topic Starter
    Kisha

Hello, does anyone know when the “retrieve ip pin” site will be working again. It says “Unavailable Until January 2020”, or is there a faster way to obtain it besides by mail?

Viewing 10 reply threads
    • Author
      Replies
        DaDon09

@BritBrat I had to re-order my IP PIN on Jan 23rd and I got it in the mail on this past Saturday Feb 1st. So roughly 5-6 business days.

Britbrat
            @britbrat9

How long are guys waiting for ip pins in the mail. Is it really21 days

Chattanoogan
              @xlgtmega

Obtained my new year’s IP PIN online Saturday (1/25).

Lovey34

I have had a irs pin since about 2016 and this year was the first year I was able to retrieve it online!

Sarah
                  @sarah21

The site started working on the 13th. I obtained mine online on the 14th. Filed and accepted the 14th. Both federal and CA show my refund status online already. I haven’t received the mailed pin tho.

Lovey34

Has anyone gotten their letter with the IP pin yet? Today is 1/18

Kisha

Of us know. I hit submit before I finished my sentence lol. I think we should order in the mail too. Just in case the site doesn’t work, we’ll be prepared. I’m praying that it does though. I’ll hate it if I have to wait for the mail. It says 10 days, but usually I get mail from the IRS in about 3 days. I wish I could just go to their office in Fresno, with proof of my identity and get it.

Kisha

So I called the IRS on Wednesday and was told by the agent that the “retrieve your ip pin” site will be up and working on January 12, 2020. When I called I was somewhat frustrated because the agent acted as if she didn’t want to listen to what I was asking. She kept saying “you need to get it in the mail or get it online”! I was like “first of all I tried online and it says the site won’t be back up until January 2020, and isn’t it JANUARY”?? That’s when she told me it would be up on January 12th. I hardly ever trust what anybody from the IRS says, and I also know things are subject to change at any given moment. But, come Sunday, while I’m watching the football game, I’m definitely going to the site to see if it’s back up. If any of you have any luck please post to let the rest of

MizuSeirei
                          @mizuseirei

@Kisha

Will do.

Kisha

Darn it!!! I was really hoping to get it online. And everytime I call the number, I’m told to call back during business hours. I ‘ll try again to call when i get off work in the morning. If anyone has luck with the site, please let me know.

MizuSeirei
                              @mizuseirei

I too am waiting on the site to come up. I think the only way to get it faster IS through the mail, so we may have to call the 800 number. I think it takes 10 days to come through the mail though.

Viewing 10 reply threads
                          • The forum ‘2020 Tax Season’ is closed to new topics and replies.