No Warning…..Really?

Home Forums General Discussion 2017 Tax Season No Warning…..Really?

• This topic has 11 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by MikeFromOhio.
  • Topic Starter
    Pissedoff2017

So anyone filing EIC this year will have to wait until damn near Feb 27 due to a mandatory Feb 15 hold and the weekend and holidays in Feb. This is BS!

Viewing 10 reply threads
    • Author
      Replies
        MikeFromOhio

Sounds like they are trying to cover their ass, they don’t want a slow bank to make them look like a liar. Most deposits do not take 12 days to clear.

Me

The IRS has stated that depending on financial insfituiona your deposit may not be available until the 27th.

MikeFromOhio

How are you getting the 27th? They are holding the deposits until at least the 15th, but they are still processing returns. The only holdays that could possibly have any effect would be Valentines day and Presidents Day. Valentines day is before the PATH waiting period ends so it should effect it much, and Presidents day is the following monday after the waiting period ends. There are plenty of chanceds between the 15th and the 27th for deposits. . . so calm down

Pissed0ff2017

@me Okay, you don’t get your refund until Valentine’s Day, whereas I always get mine the first week of Feb. You and I are two different situations.

Have a nice day.

Mare Mares Mom
                  @coleylarae

Mizu they are processing as normal no HOLD on that it is the actual Deposit that is being delayed.

MaryB
                    @me-2

I just wanted to point out that there are two people posting under the name “Me”…myself (registered user) and someone else.

The other “Me” has not done anything wrong, I just wanted to point it out because I noticed it and it could get confusing…

Me

I really don’t think it’s a big deal. I normally don’t get my refund until around valentine’s anyway so a week or 2 later isn’t that bad.

Pissedoff2017

I don’t follow tax news until around tax season approaches. It would have been nice to get an email/letter about it or something. Why would I be on a tax site in the spring, once I get my refund I could care less about H&R Block, etc. But, not only did they say no refunds until Feb. 15…it said because of holidays and weekends in Feb it will be more closer to Feb. 27 that we get our refund. NOT COOL! If they are so concerned about tax fraud, maybe they should do a more thorough check before issuing refunds, but it’s not right to make those of us who are honest tax payers suffer.

MizuSeirei
                          @mizuseirei

I am kind of expecting it. I saw the notice after I submitted the return. It stated that because I am receiving the EIC, and CTC that my refund won’t be processed until Feb 15. While I am glad of the precaution (due to the fact that I am a victim of tax fraud), I hate the delay.

Mar

This was reported late last spring and the news – online and local – has been reporting on it actively for the last few months to remind people.

kyle

This is old news man. It was posted everywhere, every news site did a story on it, the irs website has it posted all over, h&r block , TT , taxact , jackson hewitt they all have warnings on their site. It is bs.

Viewing 10 reply threads
                          • The forum ‘2017 Tax Season’ is closed to new topics and replies.