No Refund yet? Write your LOCAL Congressman/Congresswoman!

Home Forums General Discussion 2020 Tax Season No Refund yet? Write your LOCAL Congressman/Congresswoman!

• Topic Starter
    gimmemymoney

I took the advice of someone i read about on this site and wrote my local congresswoman a few weeks ago. i explained my situation to her in an email. My situation really sucks and its due to my husbands employer not submitting any wages/tax info for 2019. I checked out his SSA account and looked at his wages and boom- only one of the two employers he worked for reported their earnings. I thought, okay, well, maybe they’re swamped and are waiting until the deadline…no. they [ssa wages] still haven’t updated.

this has resulted in a slew of bs happening to us:
      our state taxes were severely reduced,
      EDD has no wages on record for him for 2019
      our federal tax return is in review since march 16th (i filed Feb 4th on TT).

I received an email back asking for additional information about our situation including a form to give permission to access sensitive data, which i submitted promptly, two days later from the congresswoman’s’ office. Then, Two days after i submitted the information asked, I received a phone call at 8 am from a tax advocate who was extremely nice and very empathetic. She informed me that she reviewed it all and that shes going to ask the IRS to push it through and that our refund should be in our account by 5/20. All this occurred almost two weeks ago. I received another email last week from the congresswoman’s office stating the same information, that the refund should be sent by the 20th. Total time taken since i wrote the congresswoman- to the Tax Advocate calling me- Less than ONE WEEK.

I keep checking my transcripts, but nothing has updated ( although i suspect it will update later this week since i have cycle code 805). I have new found hope that i will actually see the money were rightfully owed, and i hope that the company that my husband worked for (that didn’t send in the required info) suffers for the agony this has caused our family.

Look up your local congressional officer, go to their website and WRITE THEM! it Works!!!

Viewing 8 reply threads
    • Author
      Replies
        Brad jerry
          @bradjerry6

If you’re having any sort of problems relating to;
          cis tax return
          cis payments
          cis refund
          paye tax refund.

You will be given a dedicated personal tax assistant who will be available 12 hours a day 7 days a week on call, text, or whatsapp.

Visit http://www.tommystax.com and thank me later

Quainey

How long did it take for Congress to help you get taxes back

Paigezombie

End of may still nothing at this point ive waited 15 weeks for injured spouse.

Brittany

I wrote my congresswoman Saturday @ 11:52pm. Yesterday @ 2:30pm her personal assistant wrote me back and attached an authorization form for me to fill out and send back. She stated they would be honored to reach out on my behalf to get my family our money we need. It was a very enjoyable and reassuring experience. I am glad I decided to take that step and finally ask for help. Hopefully she is able to make the IRS move faster, Godwilling!

Alyssa Mai

I wrote my congressman and he didn’t do anything

RobbJ

My congressman took three weeks to get me a tax advocate who told me she couldn’t do anything.

Paigezombie

Im not sure why my congressman in ohio is an ever loving trump supporter so im sure my message will fall of deaf ears, but ive reaxhed out to bob gibbs in ohio and maybe someone there will give a damn about our situation. Or ill just be told to keep on waiting 😂👍

Stillwaiting
                        @stillwaiting-2

Right! i did all that and the ta said i would have my refund in 1-2 weeks, it was 2 weeks today and nothings changed, i calles left message no return phone call either going on 5 months now

Osrael90

Why should I have to go through all that to get my damn tax refund

Viewing 8 reply threads
                      • The forum ‘2020 Tax Season’ is closed to new topics and replies.