New York State Refund

Home Forums General Discussion 2017 Tax Season New York State Refund

• This topic has 45 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by mark.
  • Topic Starter
    Truebeautytiff
      @tshuler1

So I checked my NYS Status and it said my return need further review and will take longer then my federal refund.. I wonder if this has something to do with The PATH Law. Because I have EIC so I know I have to wait but I wasn’t expecting it from The state.. Anyone from NY with the same problem

Viewing 44 reply threads
    • Author
      Replies
        mark

So i filed on Feb 7th. I received my federal i believe on the 22nd. Nys said needs further review until today. Now it says it has completed processing and I should receive correspondence in 30 days. I had zero issues with my fed return. Still no see. I don’t know what’s taking nys so damn long.

Deborah Y Altgilbers

I also received the following: We received your return and it may require further review. No further information is available.” My return was filed on or about March 7/8, 2017. What gives?

My work colleague said it took about 6 weeks for her to get her refund and that she started to get worried. when it didn’t come.

Has anyone actually received their refund yet?

Shawn E Kerr Sr

My NYS return was accepted via Tax Act on Feb 6 @ 10:01 am, notified via text. According to the NYS refund status reads…
              “We received your return and it may require further review. This may result in your New York State return taking longer to process than your federal return. No further information is available at this time.”
              This is over 2 months. Got my Federal refund within a few weeks. This is ridiculous.

mike

I had all the same stuff from ny and no requests for further info…filed last week in January electronically…..got word today will have dd 4/10/17…hang in there for those who are waiting…i know its tuff

JessLP
                  @jesslp

How long can it remain as “still processing?” I’m so frustrated!!

Eileen

Finally received this notice today:

Your return has been processed. A direct deposit of your refund is scheduled to be issued on (APRIL 05, 2017). If your refund is not credited to your account within 15 days of this date, check with your bank to find out if it has been received.

It is really ridiculous to take this long when the return was accepted 1/27/17. The old paper returns didn’t even take this long.

Eileen

My return was accepted 1/27/17 for Federal and New York State.

Got my Federal refund 2/3/17.

Had the “further review” notice on NYS website until last week – when it changed to “We have received your return and it is being processed. No further information is available at this time.”

It has been 7 weeks – this is absolutely ridiculous!

Sharon

I had the same message forever. Then it changed to processing then done processing I’d receive correspondence in 30 days in less than 12 hours. Got a notice they wanted copy of w2s ( from my husbands job that he’s had for the past 20 years +). Same refund amount as usual. Double and triple checked amounts entered with w2s and all match. I have no clue but it seems to be happening to a lot of people. Sent over w2s on 3/3 still waiting with no change on status. So almost 7 weeks and no end in sight yet.

NY STATE – IM MOVING!

Filed: 2/2, Accepted 2/3. STILL HAVE THE PROCESSING MESSAGE in the state of New York. Absolutely Crazy

Ineedmymoney147

Filled in the 26/17 and my status has remained We received your return and it may require further review. This may result in your New York State return taking longer to process than your federal return. No further information is available at this time.

Racheal

Getting a : Your refund status is not available using this service message and when I call in they send me straight to an agent.only I called after hours so I can’t get an answer…but why won’t the refund status website give me anything?

Kimmy

Every year me or my significant other get that message. We don’t file together because we are not married. But I know as soon as one of us says it needs further review that the other one will process fine. It’s ridiculous! Ever year for the last 10+ years they have never needed any extra info or anything, just drag their feet processing for an additional 4-6 weeks. Same address, same jobs same kids (just for me) etc. but still same thing happens every year.

Dominick Perone

Lia,
                                  Same here! NYS accepted my return on 02/06/17
                                  We received your return and it may require further review. This may result in your New York State return taking longer to process than your federal return. No further information is available at this time.
                                  Because I work 2 jobs I over pay every paycheck so I don’t end up owing money at the end of the year. I look forward to the little bit I get back from NYS each year. Sometimes Its just a nice feeling having some extra cash for a couple of weeks. This time around I really need MY money to pay some bills.
                                  I got my Federal in under 2 weeks. I have called NYS Tax department at least 6 times already. They say everything looks fine and its processing normally. Its not under review but could be.
                                  Come on really??? I work 2 jobs just to keep my head above water to live on Long Island and they want to review MY taxes??? How about reviewing the taxes of the NYS Politicians and make it public??? Over a Month and the same message with no letter or any information is just plain unacceptable.

SharonNY

Wow a 15 day wait for it to be Deposited? Smh. Congrats though at least you got some info. Still waiting!

steven

Your return has been processed. A direct deposit of your refund is scheduled to be issued on (MARCH 20, 2017). If your refund is not credited to your account within 15 days of this date, check with your bank to find out if it has been received.

how long will it take to go into my bank account??

Lia

Been waiting OVER a MONTH Filed on 1/28 Still getting the message below.

We received your return and it may require further review. This may result in your New York State return taking longer to process than your federal return. No further information is available at this time.

Unreal
                                        Unbelievable.

Sharon

Complete waste of time calling. He read me exactly what was on my refund status. Said just wait for the letter within 30 days, and this is weird. I checked my refund status again and accidentally put in the wrong refund amount by 1 number and it still pulled up the same message of it was processed wait 30 days for correspondence. What’s up with that? I’m so annoyed

Daniella Lopez

I received mine on 2/17 and i was impacted by the path act. The path act was only for federal

Sharon

I had may require further review unit last night when it updated to received and being processed. Now less than 12 hours later it updated to my return has finished processing and I will receive correspondence within 30 days. I really can’t take this anymore!!

Tiffany

Nope no update for me as of yet. I also was accepted 2/3

Sharon

I just updated from review message to received and being processed. Well at least that’s progress, I think. Smh

sam9

Hi All –

Chk now looks like NYS got updated…I had a stale message in the morning, now have a DDD for 2/28..

Your return has been processed. A direct deposit of your refund is scheduled to be issued on (FEBRUARY 28, 2017). If your refund is not credited to your account within 15 days of this date, check with your bank to find out if it has been received.

So plz chk…hopefully this update helps someone feel better :)

Sharon

@julie no they have my son got his refund last week. She claimed mine wasn’t. Who knows. Didn’t feel real confident in what she told me. I’m having a problem with federal so I’m sure it going to be the same with NYS, but she said wasn’t processed yet.

Julie

So they haven’t even started processing the refunds?

Sharon

Here is the number that I called and got a person
                                                          518-457-5181. I have this same message and they claim nothing is wrong it’s just not done yet. I filed 2/3. I’m just worried because I’m having a problem with my federal because they have my maiden name but I filed with married name because that’s what’s on my SS card.

Julie

I only have the automated number.

Tiffany

How long after you received this message did you get an update? Does anyone have the phone number so I can call?

Iamtiredofwaiting

(We received your return and it may require further review. This may result in your New York State return taking longer to process than your federal return. No further information is available at this time.)

I filed on the 13th and have a DDD for my federal taxes but above message is still listed for my state. I understand about the extra security measures this year but you would think if the IRS is happy with my return then NYS would be too. Any news out there?

MrsRodriguez
                                                                  @prettyasstiffany

I ended up getting a update I receive it on the 22nd

Tiffany

Filed 2/2 accepted 2/3 and I still have this message! Anyone received theirs yet?

Mrs A

I e-filed on Feb 1. A couple of days after my e-file was received, I saw this message on the Where’s My Refund website. It is now Feb 15th and I am still seeing the same message. NOTHING has changed with my taxes from previous years, and my refund is really small. Seems like a huge waste of money if they are in fact checking and doing “further review”.

Mrs A

I e-filed on Feb 1. A couple of days after my e-file was received, I saw this message on the Where’s My Refund website. It is now Feb 15th and I am still seeing the same message. NOTHING has changed with my taxes from previous years, and my refund is really small. Seems like a huge waste of money if they are in fact checking and doing “further review”.

• #4162388
                                                                        Diana

I just got the same message.. I was going crazy but i see I’m not the only one ..

• #4160319
                                                                          nancy

I file on turbotax 8 days. Ago. My federal refund has been approved and I have a direct deposit date. I got the same message as everyone else is stating from new York state and I panicked and got worried like I’m being audited or something My refund is only $200. I don’t have EIC or child tax credit. NOw I feel relieved and better that others are getting the same message from new York state.

• #4157958
                                                                            iamthedollyoucreated
                                                                              @iamthedollyoucreated

I had this message this morning, but now it is back to “We have received your return and it is being processed. No further information is available at this time.”

• #4157944
                                                                              NiNi

@johnny blaze … The agent said to check back on the state WMR website in a few days. According to him if you received that message, it’s in final stage of processing and was pulled as a new security measure put in place. However unlike the Path Law where we have to wait until after Feb 15th, here it’s released before than if all is well with your return.

• #4157940
                                                                                Johnny Blaze
                                                                                  @princej

@gemini i am wondering if it’s like the past few years because i always get the 90 days message and end up getting NYS refund way after i get my federal. i have just never seen this message before

• #4157925
                                                                                  gemini

I woke up to the same message my brother also

• #4157912
                                                                                    Johnny Blaze
                                                                                      @princej

@NINI i got the same message did they say they are holding it like the PATH ACT or are we under further review? It’s confusing me because of the word “may” lol. Like are we or aren’t we?

• #4157866
                                                                                      NiNi

Ok, so I woke up with the same message saying my refund may need further reviewing. I contact the NY state at 10:50am, was advised by the agent it’s a new security measure that was put in place to avoid identity theft or fraud. So in other words like the Path law. I guess we can’t catch a break this year. Just have to be patient and wait.

• #4157859
                                                                                        Truebeautytiff
                                                                                          @tshuler1

@carrie I just looked at mines and it said they received your return and it’s being processed..

• #4157848
                                                                                          Armywife

I just saw the same thing.

• #4157825
                                                                                            Carrie

I woke up to the same message. Now just checked again and it’s back to its been received and is being processed, no information is available at this time. Is this movement or is this a glitch. Only time will tell.

• #4157670
                                                                                              Armywife

This happens to me every year except for last year and I honestly never know why. I woke up to the same message too.

• #4157562
                                                                                                ILoveMoney
                                                                                                  @ilovemoney

We received your return and it may require further review. This may result in your New York State return taking longer to process than your federal return. No further information is available at this time. Yep! This has never happened to me either, and I filed EITC and CTC every year

Viewing 44 reply threads
                                                                                              • The forum ‘2017 Tax Season’ is closed to new topics and replies.