MOBILE VIBE BANK

Home Forums General Discussion 2018 Tax Season MOBILE VIBE BANK

• This topic has 28 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by Tesha.
  • Topic Starter
    Kaykay

Hi all..

Does anyone one have the Mobile VIBE bank/APU card for financial aid refund.. wondering if there bank holds the dd

Viewing 27 reply threads
    • Author
      Replies
        Tesha

I must be in the wrong time zone or something… I’m still waiting this is sad :(

brideofchaotica2
            @brideofchaotica2

Got my refund! Just need to remember to use my bluebird card next year lol

Kaykay

My refund is now showing in my account.

Kaykay

I also get half of my paycheck sent to Vibe and it never hits early. This is my 1st and last year using them for my tax refund.. Banks are sneaky..my suggestion is to do your research for next year.. see what credit unions or prepaid (netspend) cards released funds early and roll with them for taxes….if you had a DDD for the 22nd then we all know funds were released last Thursday with some folks receiving funds last friday…and banks wonder why ppl are moving in on cry to currencies..move with what moves Your money faster

Jarrett

I get my school refund within a few hours of it posting to my student account. Perhaps ask your school why they’re sitting on it so long

Lalabreal

Vibe**

Lalabreal

Between the school and tax refund I am THAROUGH with vine. My school refund was sent Friday.., my account is negative $3 😂 I’m done

Misty

@Jerrett

Mobile Vibe usually does same day deposits and funds are usually available shortly after midnight. Occasionally funds are released sooner but it’s normally only if the deposit date is on the weekend or Mondays. Anyone waiting for a refund deposit should check in the morning.

Jarrett

Hey all I normally don’t receive any ACH to this account other than school disbursement’s. Anyone know what time of day bank mobile post ACH deposits?

Aksha
                            @kaykay

@Jarrett

I called Monday and yesterday.. Monday was told that the IRS said the 22nd is when they can Start disbursing and yesterday was told to check the IRS website.. Lots of run around, next year I will be grabbing a netspend in December so that when I file in Jan I have the account info.. The banks are going to get pushed to the side, if they want to play the holding game to gain interest.

Jarrett

Banks do have the info of whether a deposit is pending for tomorrow. However, in my experience some banks will not disclose that to you and some will. Anyone curious should call Bank Mobile and ask about it.

brideofchaotica2
                                @brideofchaotica2

I think the ‘we don’t hold funds’ line is kinda BS when it comes to tax refunds.
                                Here is their reply to me last year when I emailed customer service inquiring about pending deposits 1 day before my DDD:

Response Via Email (Deny Abindan) 02/22/2017 01:12 PM
                                Dear Ashley,

Thank you for contacting Customer Care with your inquiry. We will be happy to assist you with this matter.

Please be advised that you can certainly have your tax refunds directly deposited into your account. Naturally, no fees will be assessed to your account for these incoming funds.

You can provide your routing and account numbers to the applicable office. Your account and routing numbers can be accessed by logging into the cardholder website with your username and password. Once you are logged in, you can find your account information in the ‘My Account’ menu, by selecting ‘Account Statements’. For security purposes, we are unable to transmit these numbers via the Internet to you.

For reference, tax refunds are sent via an ACH Transfer and take two to three business days to be received. The date posted on the IRS website is the Disbursement Date. This is not the date the funds will be transferred into your account.

Once received, the funds will be fully and immediately available to you.

We hope this information has been helpful.

If there is anything else we can do to help you, please do not hesitate to contact us by replying to this email or by calling the toll-free number listed on the back of your card 1-877-327-9515 between the hours of 8am and 11pm EST 7 days a week. We would be happy to assist you.

Sincerely,

BankMobile
                                Customer Care Department

Aksha
                                  @kaykay

Just curious, I’m on west coast time… just checked still no deposit.. has anyone received anything showing where the rep stated that they dont hold funds????

brideofchaotica2
                                    @brideofchaotica2

Last year, the bank rep did say they release funds as soon as they received them. That was another reason why I thought it would come in a couple days early at least, but never did. When I used Netspend a few years ago, I got it several days before my DDD. It looks like Amex Bluebird has been the first to release funds to customers these past 2 years though. I’d probably go with them.

Kaykay

@Jarrett

You and I got 2 different stories then.. however the person below used Vibe last year and did not get thier DDD until the actual day which was 1/23 on a Thursday

Jarrett

Rep I spoke to said they deposit it as soon as they receive it from the IRS.

Kaykay

@Vibe Acct

According to rep they are not releasing until the 22nd because that’s the date the irs said too….SMH

Vibe Acct

I have vibe too with a ddd of 2/22. Nothing yet.

Kaykay

Just spoke with a rep at Bank Mobile Vibe.. the funds per the irs is not starting to be disbursed until the 22nd he stated… next year I will use a prepaid card like netspend.. banks are just sitting on the money for now which makes no sense

Kaykay

@crod

Pretty sure you have seen lots of folks on the forum with DDDS for 22nd and they have their funds in hand since last Friday and over the weekend with net spend.. thats because the finds were released last Thursday

Crod

How do you know that the IRS released funds last thursday?

Kim

I tried using this card this year thinking that, since the financial aids come through quickly that the refund was the same. Since, we have the 22nd as a DDD I would think that the IRS sent the funds on last Thursday or Friday, which would give us a deposit of at least Tuesday or Wed but oh well!!!

brideofchaotica2
                                                      @brideofchaotica2

@Aksha Yeah, not getting my hopes up for early deposit, but if anyone does get their DDD before the 22nd, please post about it!!! I was SO SURE that it would be in my account at least a couple days before my DDD last year, but I was wrong.

Aksha
                                                        @kaykay

@brideofchaotica2

I have a DDD for the 22nd, so I guess with what you just stated it wont show up until then.

brideofchaotica2
                                                          @brideofchaotica2

Student loan surpluses come super fast, but last year I had my tax refund deposited on my Bank mobile vibe card, and the funds were released mid afternoon on the 23rd, which was my DDD on WMR and on my transcripts. I know for sure because I emailed customer service when I woke up last year on the 23rd and my funds were still not in my account, so I have the old emails discussing it. I REALLY HOPE to get it earlier this year, but I highly doubt it due to what happened last year. There were no issues with my refund, and I paid my filing fees in advance, so nothing held it up last year, it just wasnt available to me until my actual DDD

TJ

Did anyone use this method to place there tax refund on?????

Kaykay

@mandie

Thank you.. i got a DDD for the 22nd however irs released the funds on Thursday so I was wondering if mobile vibe would place the money in on Tuesday.. now my school funds i normally get fast

Mandie

I do, haven’t gotten a did yet, but vibe doesn’t hold funds, BUT they only process while they’re open
                                                                I usually get my check after 9 a.m.

Viewing 27 reply threads
                                                            • The forum ‘2018 Tax Season’ is closed to new topics and replies.