MI State Refunds?

Home Forums General Discussion 2018 Tax Season MI State Refunds?

• This topic has 22 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 5 years ago by Corrine.
  • Topic Starter
    Kv

Has anyone gotten their MI State refunds yet? People in other states seem to be getting their state refunds but we cant even check the status of ours for 2 weeks. Has anyone gotten theirs yet?

Viewing 21 reply threads
    • Author
      Replies
        Corrine

My Mich taxes are still pending review. The estimated completion date was March 5th. I’ve called twice. No notice to submit additional information or anything. I think it’s because I e-filed through Turbo Tax and then they instructed me to mail in a copy of my taxes. When I called the lady said I had 2 returns on file. I explained and she said that has happened a lot with Turbo Tax and was going to email the ppl doing the review to explain. She further said that within 30 days I should hear something or my refund will be submitted. It’s been 3 weeks. Still nothing and no change of status on the “Where’s My Refund” site. Ugh! I have a feeling I’ll be making yet another phone call in a week or so. :/

C w

Beth what’s the update on your refund? Mine says may but I filed in March

Beth

@Jackie, did you get an update on your pending? Mine says it;s pending uptil March 11… I’m kinda confused here!

Beth

What is a ddd?

Mine says pending review until March 11. Will I get it before or shortly after that date? I’m waiting on it! I’ve never had this happen before.

Geeu

Nope. Waiting a month.

Jackie

Just checked mine and it says pending Review until 3/7 I don’t know what the big hold up is but it’s very frustrating!!!! I mean does it take the whole estimated time with Pending Review? Does anyone know if you owed federal taxes they will take your state taxes also? I have heard so many different things lately I don’t know who to believe!

Kv

Yup, I just checked mine again and still says wait 14 days. I was accepted the 29th so it hasnt been a full 14 days but people accepted after me have gotten updated.
                      Just getting impatient, my whole federal refund was used to pay bills, that little state refund was going to be for mama to have a little fun with😁 havent had my hair done since last years tax season😁
                      Seriously tho, thanks for the updates, i guess ill check again in a few days.

ndixson

I wish they would finally update mine. Good lord

Kellyo

Woohoo !! Mine updated and I now have DDD of 2/15 I’ll take it !

shelli

I was accepted for MI state 1/31 .. I still show the basic wait 10-14 days message..
                            I am going to be TICKED if I have to ID verify AGAIN this year. My taxes for state and fed have been exactly the same for 13 years. Same kids, same job, same address.. everything.

Kellyo

Thanks for the update, @enoel22. Guess I need to dig up my AGI and try again !

enoel22

I filed 1/29 got accepted 1/31 and looked every day on the michigan tax wmr site and today I checked a few hours ago and I finally could look at my return which says completed and issued with a DDD of 2/14

Kellyo

I know ! People from all other states have been getting theirs…. Frustrating !!

shelli

I was hoping I would end up with my state before Fed this year. Waiting on Fed bc of PATH so I am still thinking state might beat it but I am literally not seeing anyone getting their Michigan back yet.

Kellyo

Does anyone remember if they have received their state before federal ? I always get mine later due to some hold or deduction, but I think that i am finally clear this year. Just wishful thinking :)

ndixson

Filed 1/29 accepted 1/31. Nothing on the website at all. Im still getting the we dont have your 2017 information message crap.

Kellyo

Same here. Filed 1/29, can’t see anything until after 2 weeks.

Steph

Accepted the 29th and no movement. I remember it always being slow. Gah!!

Kv

@Heidifrommichigan

I also was accepted on the 29th but all it says is to wait until its been 2 weeks from the day i was accepted.

Thanks guys for responding😊 Glad someones getting movement😊

Heidi

It also chows the status as completed

Heidi

I checked my Michigan refund. It shows they they took some of it which we already knew was going to happen, that was 5 days ago, but I have not received the rest yet and there’s no ddd for when either.

Heidifrommichigan

Keep checking I got accepted the 29th and wmr is showing pending review til 3/5/2018 – it sucks but there is movement !

Viewing 21 reply threads
                                                • The forum ‘2018 Tax Season’ is closed to new topics and replies.