Letter 4464C

Home Forums General Discussion 2017 Tax Season Letter 4464C

• This topic has 165 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by Cindy.
  • Topic Starter
    Leslie

Received a letter 4464C from the IRS today. It states that my return was selected for further review and there was nothing for me to do. Also stated that it could take 60 days for me to get my refund. The letter was dated 2/3…the first day I could access my account transcripts. Nothing has changed with my WMR…it still says processing, 1 bar and topic 152. Has anyone else received on of these letters? And if you have, does it really take 60 days to receive your refund?

Viewing 164 reply threads
    • Author
      Replies
        Cindy
          @cynthiag

@ Gabriel did you get a tax advocate ?

Anyone else with an update?
          I’m still in the same stage the waiting stage
          Hopefully I’ll get some new news after the 4th of July

Gabriel

** UPDATE WITH DDD**

Filed & accepted 1/26
            Ordered account transcript 2/3
            Return transcript not available
            Received 4464c letter 2/9 dated 2/3
            Still at one bar w/ tax topic 152
            Message ” your tax return is still being processed”.
            Bars disappeared 2/15
            Order return transcript 2/18
            Message changed to “We have received your tax return and it is being processed”. 2/18
            Still no bars & tax topic disappeared
            Cycle code 20170705
            60 days been up
            Received letter to turn im verification the begjnning of may
            Turned my info in the last week on may
            6/15 got a lettèr saying they received my info
            6/18 checked my refund status & got a ddd for 6/21 finally

msnicki
              @nicki2u

I got the same letter a whole month after I faxed in my stuff. Saying that they received my information on 4-4-17 and will get back to me by 6-18-17. So we just sit and wait and wait and wait.

Cindy
                @cynthiag

Anyone got an update?
                Received letter on may 15th and stated they have received my information if they need more they would contact me by 7-04-2017 so I guess I have to wait

Cindy
                  @cynthiag

Well called again just told me that I have to wait till may 22nd to get my letter ordered transcript and it states that a notice was sent
                  On April 10th which was that they needed the proof so now I wait. Anyone have any updates or their return dd

Gabriel

Filed & accepted 1/26
                    Return transcript not available
                    Bars disappeared 2/15
                    Order return transcript 2/18
                    Message changed to “We have received your tax return and it is being processed”. 2/18
                    Cycle code 20170705
                    60 days been up
                    No letter nor any updates on transcripts
                    Still no bars just the processing message

Cindy
                      @cynthiag

Any updates ? I called on April 20th to ask if they received my information they said I have to wait for another letter on or about may 21st!!

Denise

So I called AGAIN today. Got a rep with the nastiest attitude (Mrs. Moore). Not only was she extremely condescending, but the information she gave me was inconsistent with the information I’ve been giving the last three times I’ve called (3 months, 1 call a month). So now, supposedly, I’m supposed to be waiting 30 days from March 25. Mind you, I filed BEFORE tax season even opened and it ends TOMORROW. So beyond frustrated.

I refuse to go through this next year. Changed my tax status to exempt today since I get all my taxes back every year anyway. Let them wait for me next year.

Jane

I noticed folks that recieved 4464c notice mention faxing W2 etc. The info requested was it on the notice? I needed no more info. So trying to narrow down what it could be.

Tp

Wow guys I just decided to pop on here and see how everyone was doing. Mine went through thanks to my tax advocate. She really had my back with all the questions the IRS came back at me with before they would release my check but it’s on the way. Thank god!!!
                            Good luck everyone

Cindy
                              @cynthiag

Well hopefully I get everything by the end of the week so I can fax all the proof they need then they said I still have to wait 30-45 days for processing good thing I can fax all the info I hope it’s a little faster than mailing but this sure is he’ll hopefully I get my money by summer God willing kneeing fingers crossed. Good luck to all of you guys and thanks for sharing your updates

Denise
                                @denise1988

I’m still here too. No updates, no letters, just stuck in tax purgatory.

CARMELPOP
                                  @carmelnikki

Hey @Cindy

I haven’t.. One of my employers messed up on my w2 so they IRS thought I reported more income than I should have. I got a TA a couple of weeks ago and my review date is tomorrow i guess.

HC
                                    @zipsnet

@cynthiag

I’m still here, my transcript updated on the 6th I think, now it shows code 971 waiting for the letter, I now know I made a mistake and I need to file a 1040X amend form, but I wanted to see what the letter says before filing it.

Cindy
                                      @cynthiag

Well I’m guessing everyone else got their ddd well I didn’t I got a letter from the IRS just wanted to update you guys ik being audited now I have to send proof of head of household, my wages, proof my kids are mine, proof they live in the US, and proof of my identity

Cindy
                                        @cynthiag

I’ll be calling on the 7th just to make sure it’s been the 60 days so I guess no one has an update yet! Hope they tell me something positive on the 7th

Tp

So hasn’t it been the 60 days for most people on here who didn’t get the tax advocate? So has anything changed or has the IRS told you any good news?

CARMELPOP
                                            @carmelnikki

Went to the TA office yesterday after multiple failed calls. She advised that I was under income and credit review and that I need to prove hardship. I’m waiting for my assigned rep to call by Friday or I will be going back on Monday

Cindy
                                              @cynthiag

Any updates? STill no letter
                                              I’m just waiting for April 6th to call

Tp

@Lauren
                                                If you’re still looking on this page now that you say I got your ddd I’m just wondering how is it that you said they did an amended return for you but they’re not sending a check? If you look up anything about amended refunds they don’t do direct deposits they only send checks so I’m trying to figure out how is it that you’re getting a direct deposit????!

Tp

@Lauren
                                                  If you’re still looking on this page now that you say I got your ddd I’m just wondering how is it that you said they did an amended return for you but they’re not sending a check? If you look up anything about amended refunds they don’t do direct deposits they only send checks so I’m trying to figure out how is it that you’re getting a direct deposit????!

Lauren

Finally got my DDD, 3/29!! Good luck everyone!!

HC
                                                      @zipsnet

Well another morning and not changes !! I guess I will have to wait one more week until Apr 1st. so I can call back and they will finally be able to tell me why my taxes are under review !! ~sigh~

Meengla

I did finally get my DD yesterday and so this ordeal has ended. I hope it ends for all–not fair to be denied your $ for so long and too often without any explanations.

Tp

So I just got off the phone with my tax advocate and she said that everything has been approved but for some reason they’re going to mail a check instead of direct deposit??? She couldn’t tell me why but at least I know it’s coming.

CARMELPOP
                                                            @carmelnikki

I live in the bay area and we only have the option to leave a message for a TA and they will call us back within 24 hours. I called monday and still havent heard back

Tp

@cindy
                                                              I ordered mine today again since I can get mine online with a credit card to verify my identity. So yes I ordered it today and it still has my processing date of march 6th. That’s what made me get a tax advocate. Now I’m just waiting for the processor to put it in my papers so they can approve it finally and send me my money. Like I said in a previous post from what I’ve seen is it takes around the 2nd week of people sending in the documents so I’m hoping by either Wednesday’s or Saturday’s I get my update

Meengla

I am sorry for you guys. If they really have a reason to put a hold then then must let you know. Holding on to your moneys for so long without reason is so unfair!
                                                                I am supposed to get my Direct Deposit tomorrow …fingers crossed…the proof of the pudding is in the eating!

HC
                                                                  @zipsnet

I called IRS today and they game me the same generic under review nothing to do answer, I have to wait 60 days from the day I filed and to call back after April. 1 if I don’t see any changes on the web ! ~sigh~

Cindy
                                                                    @cynthiag

Well got my transcript again and it’s the same 😔😔😩 so i guess I’ll wait till April

Cindy
                                                                      @cynthiag

@ tp
                                                                      Have you ordered a new transcript ? If so when did u get the most recent one?
                                                                      I’m waiting for my second transcript I ordered since I have to wait 10 business days to
                                                                      Order a new so I’m still waiting :-/

Tp

@carmelpop
                                                                        I have a different cycle code on my transcript but the rest of the codes are the same. My processing date is still showing as march 6th so it doesn’t seem like that date means anything at all. I think it’s code 571 that means reverse the 570 code which means review or something like that. Code 846 means the refund is being released so that’s the only code that I even care about showing up. If i don’t see that then I don’t bother looking at anything else on my transcript. Good luck

• #4192366
                                                                        Tp

@carmelpop
                                                                          I have a different cycle code on my transcript but the rest of the codes are the same. My processing date is still showing as march 6th so it doesn’t seem like that date means anything at all. I think it’s code 571 that means reverse the 570 code which means review or something like that. Code 846 means the refund is being released so that’s the only code that I even care about showing up. If i don’t see that then I don’t bother looking at anything else on my transcript. Good luck

• #4192331
                                                                          CARMELPOP
                                                                            @carmelnikki

Hi,

So my transcript says: 20170905 3/20/2017 0.00
                                                                            I have a code: 806 766 768 with dates 4/15/2017 and 570 with 3/20/2017.

• #4192270
                                                                            Tp

So it’s been a little more than a week since I faxed in the paperwork that my tax advocate asked for and still nothing has happened yet. I talked to her last Friday and she said nothing happened and for me to wait patiently. From what others have said it seems like they’ve got their ddd about 2 weeks after they sent everything in so hopefully I see something change by Wednesday or Saturday’s update. I can’t wait to put all of this behind me and I can move forward. Good luck to everyone else

• #4192186
                                                                              Lauren

@Cindy, I didn’t have proof of a hardship, I told her that my roommate was kicking me out and I need my return to find a place to live.

• #4192142
                                                                                Meengla

Cindy and Lauren,
                                                                                  I am sorry. Been through this, I can fully empathize. IRS really really needs to do a better job.

Update on mine: Now the WMR page is showing ‘Refund Approved’ and that

Your tax refund is scheduled to be sent to your bank by March 22, 2017.
                                                                                  If your refund is not credited to your account by March 27, 2017, check with your bank to see if it has been received.

• #4192099
                                                                                  Cindy
                                                                                    @cynthiag

I’m from Texas so I called a tax advocate but she told me I needed proof of hardship disconnection notice or eviction letter I don’t have other of them thank god i told her about my situation and as per her knowledge the IRS doesn’t take 60 days to review that it may be sooner so I’m hoping she’s telling me the truth my trasncript had 3/06/2017 as a processing date but nothing happened justa ordered my transcript again let’s see if there’s a change I’ll keep u guys updated

• #4192095
                                                                                    Lauren

Hey guys, I know it’s been a while but here is my update and back story…..
                                                                                      1. I filed 1/21 and was accepted on 1/23.
                                                                                      2. I received a 4464C letter on 2/7 dated for. 2/2.
                                                                                      3. I was able to order my account and return transcripts on 2/8. Account transcript had a hold code with the 2/27 date.
                                                                                      4. On 2/27 I called to get an advocate.
                                                                                      5. On 2/28 my advocate called me and informed me that my wages were off your $61 and requested that I fax her a copy of my original 1040A with my wages crossed out and the correct wages above them and to sign the last page.
                                                                                      6. On 3/14 my amended return was assigned to someone, I wasn’t aware that I had done one….
                                                                                      7. On 3/16 the amendment dept closed my case and I should have a DDD in the next couple of days.
                                                                                      *** I can not access any information on where’s my amended return, where’s my refund still says we have received your return with my old return amount and they told me my account transcript won’t update for 2 weeks.

• #4192026
                                                                                      Meengla

@CarmelPop,
                                                                                        Go to IRS.GOV, under Tools, select Get a Transcript, then select Online, register–you will need your phone, after login in, select Federal Tax as the ‘Reason’ for Transcript, The select 2016 in Record of Account. A new popup windows will have your Transcript. You can view online and also save it as .xhtml page on your then change extension from .xhtml to pdf if you want to.

The Transcript shows more updated and accurate info then the WMR page–which STILL shows me as your tax refund being processed!!

• #4192022
                                                                                        CARMELPOP
                                                                                          @carmelnikki

Okay.. How are you reading your transcript? and which one do I review and what field?

• #4192014
                                                                                          Meengla

Thank you guys.
                                                                                            No, I didn’t contact any Advocate. My taxes were e-filed probably between 3-5 of February and the 4464C letter was dated 10 Feb.

Maybe, the Big Govt came to this page, traced me down, and decided to ‘pacify’ me. So whine like I have been doing on this page–to get their ears :)

IRS still sucks!

• #4191996
                                                                                            Cindy
                                                                                              @cynthiag

@meengla

Did u contact a tax advocate ?
                                                                                              When did u receive the 4464c letter?

• #4191980
                                                                                              HC
                                                                                                @zipsnet

@Meengla

Congrats !! and Happy St. Patrick’s Day to you too!

• #4191919
                                                                                                Meengla

Guys! I just checked my Transcript and it looks good!

571 Additional Action Resolved on 03/13/2017
                                                                                                  846 Refund Issued 04/03/2017

So pretty safe to say that my Refund will be coming via Direct Deposit on 3 April. Yay!!!

I hope all others stuck have their Refunds be made asap. This site has been very very useful for me and the feedback provided by others has been great. Thank you all!

PS. Happy St. Patrick’s Day!

• #4191829
                                                                                                  Meengla

I have been reading this thread every day in the hope that things are moving for other people–kind of trying to vicariously get some hope! My situation hasn’t changed a bit. I had checked the Transcript after the magical date of 03/13/17–nothing had changed there and even the magical date was the same.
                                                                                                    IRS sucks!

• #4191825
                                                                                                    Cindy
                                                                                                      @cynthiag

Still waiting for my transcripts to see if anything has changed. Since we have to wait 10 business days to get a new one also waiting for April to get a letter from them I just wish this nightmare is over and I get my refund have a lot of bills to pay ugh this sucks

• #4191802
                                                                                                      HC
                                                                                                        @zipsnet

@TP

I’m still here, nothing has changed about my situation, not even my transcripts which still showing processing date as 3/6/17.

• #4191798
                                                                                                        Tp

It seems like there’s a lot less people commenting on these threads. They must have got their refunds and forgot about all of us.

• #4191708
                                                                                                          Tp

So I know the tax advocate submitted my paperwork I sent in and she said it was over for processing so here I sit and wait some more. Hopefully I see a change on wmr this Saturday. That would be amazing. I’ve never waited this long for my refund out of about 20 years of filing. Wow saying that makes me feel old. lol. I’ll keep everyone posted

• #4191626
                                                                                                            Denise
                                                                                                              @denise1988

@Cindy

I completely feel your pain. Now that April is approaching, I wonder how this works. Does it automatically release on 4/15? Or is it another case of sit and wait until they are good and darn ready? I’ve been waiting since Jan 17, have called twice and gotten nowhere. They can’t even tell me what the 4464C letter is for. Only credits I claimed were my son and his daycare expenses. One job all year, same one as last year. I did get a 10k or so pay bump, but got about the same increase last year with no additional holdup.

Had to stop checking WMR everyday, it was seriously stressing me out. One or two of us got a DDD last week, so maybe this week is it (trying to stop my eyes from rolling as I type that).

Good luck!

• #4191589
                                                                                                              Cindy
                                                                                                                @cynthiag

So I was kinda bored and decided to call IRS again today 3/14 man who I spoke to told me he had no information about the process that on his end it didn’t show him any updates of any sort asked him what time frame the IRS has to work on my tax and H-E said he was sorry that gen just didn’t have any info that gen knew it was frustrating and that all I could do was wait for a letter from them telling me if they needed info or that the review was over so i guess i just have to wait till April :-(

• #4191417
                                                                                                                Tp

I’m sure every situation is different but I didn’t have to show proof of a hardship after calling into them. They asked what it was and that was it. I’m not trying to tell everyone to call and lie but that’s what happened with me so I’m assuming it’ll be the same for anyone calling them for help

• #4191318
                                                                                                                  Tp

Even before I got the tax advocate the IRS was able to tell me what they needed from me but they said for me to still wait the 60 days. My case was my employer not reporting my wages or withholding so that’s what I faxed into my advocate and she’s now pushing it through. I’ll let you guys know when I receive an update. Hopefully sometime this week

• #4191304
                                                                                                                    Meengla

Same for me! The code still says 570 with Processing Date of 03/13/2017;while today is that blessed date but nothing has changed! What are they processing? Human Genome?! So frustrating. There’s nothing we can do about this except to wait. We can’t claim hardship which is required for Tax Advocate access.

• #4191300
                                                                                                                      HC
                                                                                                                        @zipsnet

@cynthiag

Middle of April? WOW, I’m in the same boat, filed 1/30 accepted 1/30 , received letter 2/6 dated 2/2 , had same 570 code with 3/06/17 processing date I and it hasn’t updated yet. :(

• #4190824
                                                                                                                        Cindy
                                                                                                                          @cynthiag

Received same letter on 2/09/17 dated 2/06/17
                                                                                                                          Called IRS on 3/08/17 lady told me that they were reviewing my return ordered my transcript had a 3/06/17 processing date IRS lady told. ME that I would be getting a letter in the middle of April advising me what I needed to do or that my refund would be released

• #4191120
                                                                                                                          Tp

That last post from To was from me. I gotta new phone so I had to put in my name again but spelled it wrong

• #4191119
                                                                                                                            Tp

That last post from To was from me. I gotta new phone so I had to put in my name again but spelled it wrong

• #4191117
                                                                                                                              To

So I faxed in everything the tax advocate asked for on Wednesday and in still waiting for an update. She said she would push it right through and I should see something within a week so since it didn’t update today I’m hoping to see it update on Wednesday and maybe a ddd by Friday or the following tues. I’ll let you guys know what happens

• #4191071
                                                                                                                                HC
                                                                                                                                  @zipsnet

3/6 came and went , no updates as of today! :(

• #4189955
                                                                                                                                  Meengla

@Caramel,
                                                                                                                                    Thank you for giving the hope! Let’s see what happens on coming Monday. BTW, this is the first time ever happened to me in the 23 years of filing taxes. Every year I have been getting Refunds by the end of February and when on one or two years I owed IRS money it was paid to them promptly!

• #4189945
                                                                                                                                    Caramel

@Meengla I really think yours will update soon because mine changed back to your message to once they corrected it and sent it back through to process!! Stay motivated and pray God has it in control!!

• #4189938
                                                                                                                                      Caramel

@Katie my transcripts have those codes I got my refund yesterday..I know everybody’s case is different but .If they have all the info they need I hope yours will update Saturday…If not call an advocate!!

• #4189932
                                                                                                                                        Meengla

@Katie,
                                                                                                                                          Thank you for the empathy. Yes, it’s frustrating. We paid $23,000+ in Federal and State taxes combined because of the lump sum payout and a chunk of that should have come back to us by end of February to make up for the less income the previous year.
                                                                                                                                          IF the IRS needs something then they should contact us instead of stringing us along for months and months and stonewalling us through their website, their phone access and through the unhelpful codes in the Transcripts.

• #4189852
                                                                                                                                          Katie

@meengla. This is so ridiculous. If I didn’t see any movement I was going to call the 61 day but wth??? I don’t have any hardships and not getting back these big returns like I’ve been seeing on here. I’m not calling yet because I know I will get well it hasn’t been 60 days yet from the IRS. When you owe them they sure want their damn money!!

• #4189809
                                                                                                                                            Meengla

@Caramel,
                                                                                                                                              Yes, mine still (as of a few minutes ago) says the same ‘being processed’. And I don’t know why I am having this problem–except for the large Federal refund and for that there’s a perfect explanation I have given below. This is a Joint return and our Deductions were Standard. This year we didn’t declare any rental income unlike in the past because that unit has been turned over to an in-law residence. The wife did have an unemployment 1099G form and a modest W2. So things have been different from the previous year but extremely honest return.

But what @TP saying below is worrying: We all have to CALL them before things can get moving? Every time I had called the 800 number I have been stone-walled–the same message about being processed. I guess I need to find a local Tax Advocate some how.

This is so unprofessional of IRS and not fair!! Had I not found a new job very recently I would have been really hurting because I was counting on the large refund by the end of February.

Thank you all again. This page is really helpful.

• #4189791
                                                                                                                                              Katie

@Caramel. My return says it’s processing. Filed Jan 25 and got 4464 letter feb 17. I can view my transcripts online and have a 570 hold dated 3/13. I don’t have any of the extra credits most have. Cycle 20170805 dated 3/13. Seeing if it will change after 3/13. This has never happened.

• #4189789
                                                                                                                                                Sharon

Well I’m hoping to see something soon. It will be 3 weeks since my problem was fixed tomorrow, and 3 weeks since the message changed Saturday. Since I still can’t order transcripts by mail, and every time I try to get them online it says technical problem, I’m not too optimistic. I’ll keep you posted.

• #4189785
                                                                                                                                                  Caramel

@sharon thats a tough one I didn’t know it was a joint return….however I still have the hope that it return back to the ‘We have received your tax return and it is being processed” means they are actively working on it… when mined changed back to the “We have received your tax return and it is being processed two weeks later I got my direct deposit date!! Thats why I said as long as it say “WE RECEIVED YOUR TAX RETURN AND IT IS BEING PROCESSED” thats GOOD NEWS bc that other message “YOUR TAX RETURN IS STILL PROCESSING DATE WILL BE PROVIDED WHEN AVAILABLE” that means its still in REVIEW SOMETHING IS WRONG!!! I HOPE THIS HELPS…!!! LET ME KNOW

• #4189775
                                                                                                                                                    Sharon

@caramel. Yes mine changed to your return has been received and is being processed after u verified. My husbands is still on your return is still being processed but the refund amount returned on his when my message changed, I always had the refund amount showing (if that means anything) It’s a joint return. I’m so confused.

• #4189773
                                                                                                                                                      Caramel

@Sharon did your message on WMR go from “Your tax return is still processing and a date will be provided when available to “We have received your tax return and it is being processed”? After you verified your identity? I need to know your exact messages because I’ll tell you where you stand if they are processing or if it is sitting on someone desk by the message on WMR!!

• #4189769
                                                                                                                                                        Sharon

I didn’t get any letter but after having no bars no codes and still processing for weeks I figured something was wrong and I knew what it was. Name change this year. IRS kept telling me nothing was wrong it just wasn’t processed yet. I got a tax advocate and within 2 minutes she was able to tell me that yes the IRS system kicked out my return. They transferred me to someone else, they verified that my new name matched SS number, I had to spend another 15 minutes verifying my identity and they said they “closed” the problem on 2/15. I called the IRS a few days later just to confirm. My WMR changed to being processed, my husbands changed to still being processed. I still cannot order either transcript so I know it’s not moving. Tax advocate will not return calls. IRS will give me no info because I got an advocate. I did call the advocate helpline and they told me that they didn’t see any other problem but it still hasn’t processed yet and they have not responded to the advocates request. Told me to just keep waiting. Ugh. Any ideas?

• #4189762
                                                                                                                                                          Caramel

@Meengla if it changes on WMR to “We have Received your tax return and it is still processing and a refund date will be giving when available”….That means it is on Someones desk and you have to wait until they get to your refund… However I think you probably need to call an Advocate that is in your town!!

• #4189760
                                                                                                                                                            Caramel

@Meengla. I kept calling to find out why It was held up before I got the letter and they said that it was because of withholdings reported inaccurately, Do you know why yours is held up? As long as it says “We have Received your tax return and it is Processing”…that means they are Actively working on your refund!! That is a GOOOOODDD sign!!! Take it from me I know because I just got out of that Situation!! Let me know if you need anything else!!

• #4189735
                                                                                                                                                              Tp

So everyone I got a tax advocate and talked to this lady today who told me that my employer did not send in any of my info and if I wouldn’t have called to get the their help that I would have just sat and waited the 60 days and then nothing would’ve happened. She told me what I had to do was show proof of income and withholding information on pay stubs and then after faxing it in she should be able to get my refund released within about a week. So if I was any of you who are just waiting I would reach out and find out exactly what they’re missing from you guys and don’t sit any longer because I’ve been waiting since feb 2nd and if I woulda called earlier I would have my refund by now. Goodluck

• #4189693
                                                                                                                                                                Meengla

@Caramel,
                                                                                                                                                                  Thanks for the info! And congrats! So mine says:
                                                                                                                                                                  “We have received your tax return and it is being processed.” and on the left side of the page there is the $ amount in front of the expected refund amount.
                                                                                                                                                                  Am I in some ‘good’ category?!

Also, looks like you had to do something to make the process going. As others who had to get a Tax Advocate. But, for people like me, there is no communication from IRS since their letter dated 10 Feb. arrived.

• #4189674
                                                                                                                                                                  Caramel

Hello everyone @HC and anyone that is waiting this is my story……. I filed January 26 2017 accepted January 27 2017..I filed EIC and the Additional Credit… February 4 I logged in WMR and had a message that says: “Your refund is still processing..a refund date will be given when available….. This message means something is Wrong with your return… I called the IRS and they said my withholdings for my Federal was inaccurate. They requested my original W2’s from my employer directly… I received a letter dated for February 4 2017 (but received Feb 8, 2017) saying I was under review because of the one or more thingd i filed or reported and I should have my refund within 60 days….February 24 my WMR updated to “We have received your tax return and it is being processed…..On March 4 2017 (a saturday) it updated to my refund date for March 8 2017… I got my refund today… March 7 2017. There is a Difference in the message “Your tax refund is still processing and a date will be given when available and the message “We have received your tax refund and it is being processed..!! Any questions please let me know… I did not wait the whole 60 days!! I hope this gives someone hope!!

• #4189599
                                                                                                                                                                    Meengla

@Denise and @Neicey,

I am glad you shared the info. Thanks for the info. I was getting my hopes raised. So frustrating! This was a very simple return with two W2s, two 1099s. The only major difference from last year is the big Federal refund which the govt OWES me because of almost 40% taxes I paid last year on the payout. I had been waiting the around 21-25 Feb 2017 to actually get the refund–like I do every year. The State refund has come already but that was not so big.
                                                                                                                                                                      Come on IRS!

• #4189583
                                                                                                                                                                      HC
                                                                                                                                                                        @zipsnet

Well my 4464c Letter had a 570 code, Additional account action pending with date of 03-06-2017 , which it has not updated yet, but USPS sent me a notification yesterday that a certified letter was sent to my address. The only 2 reasons that I can come up with for the letter is either they modified my return and they are letting me know or I’m getting audit.

I’ll find out tomorrow when i get the letter.

• #4189569
                                                                                                                                                                        neicey

it might be good idea to get a tax advocate.those dates next to the codes on ur transcript does not mean the hold will fall off… Those are dates from the system telling the system to run your account again it can either lift the hold on that day or just generate a new date if the irs doesn’t have what they need. I contacted a tax advocate and was informed i needed to supply a employment verification letter. I gave him that on the 28th and yesterday i was back in processing and the hold was lifted. I will keep every one updated.
                                                                                                                                                                          Filed 1/28 4464c letter dated 2/3

• #4189555
                                                                                                                                                                          Denise1988

@Meengla

Not to be a downer but a lot of us have as as of date of 3/6/2017. We’ve been waiting for weeks, thinking it would update yesterday only to be disappointed. Some people received a DDD of 3/8 last Friday, some received a code 971 and got a letter telling them to send something or allow more time. Then some, like me, haven’t seen any change at all. No letters, no new codes, not even a straight answer for which of those 4 things on the 4464C I’m being reviewed for.

I really hope you see some movement soon! Keep us updated if you do.

• #4189531
                                                                                                                                                                            Meengla

No updates on my refund either. But, if the Processing date of 13 March 2017 has any bearing, I should be hearing a good news that day! I have never waited so anxiously for a refund for so many MONTHS! It’s a large Federal refund because of a cash payout previous year…

• #4189507
                                                                                                                                                                              HC
                                                                                                                                                                                @zipsnet

No update as of this morning :(

• #4189405
                                                                                                                                                                                Sunshine

Got my 4464C letter today. I ordered transcripts last friday. I will continue to wait, I can’t do much else.

• #4189403
                                                                                                                                                                                  HC
                                                                                                                                                                                    @zipsnet

*. Well today I received a notification from USPS, a certified letter is on its way here from OMAHA , NE. It must be IRS, since I’m not expecting any letter from anyone else …. :(

Not exactly what I was hoping for and my account transcript does not reflect anything yet , so I would have to wait until tomorrow to see if my transcript updates !

• #4189390
                                                                                                                                                                                    Meengla

I am in the same boat as most of the people here. Thanks to this page, at least I know I could pull up the Transcript! My WMR doesn’t show any bars anymore and all it shows is something like processing my returns. Here is some info from the Transcript just taken!

RETURN DUE DATE OR RETURN RECEIVED DATE (WHICHEVER IS LATER) Apr. 15, 2017
                                                                                                                                                                                      PROCESSING DATE Mar. 13, 2017
                                                                                                                                                                                      TRANSACTIONS
                                                                                                                                                                                      CODE EXPLANATION OF TRANSACTION CYCLE DATE AMOUNT
                                                                                                                                                                                      150 Tax return filed 20170805 03-13-2017 $xxxxx
                                                                                                                                                                                      xxxxx-434-04306-7
                                                                                                                                                                                      806 W-2 or 1099 withholding 04-15-2017 -$xxxxxx
                                                                                                                                                                                      570 Additional account action pending 03-13-2017 $0.00

• #4189233
                                                                                                                                                                                      HC
                                                                                                                                                                                        @zipsnet

Well 3/6 is here, any update ??

• #4189109
                                                                                                                                                                                        Lauren

Update… I called to get a TA on Monday, she called me back on Tuesday. I faxed over my she said my numbers where off for withholding by $1. I faxed over my W2 and now I’m just waiting. Most people with the same issue have received a DDD withing 10 days. I will keep my fingers crossed!!

• #4189079
                                                                                                                                                                                          HC
                                                                                                                                                                                            @zipsnet

@Caramel

Great news !!

• #4189068
                                                                                                                                                                                            Caramel

@HC I found out the irs finally adjusted my refund so hopefully I will have it this week coming up!!

• #4189044
                                                                                                                                                                                              HC
                                                                                                                                                                                                @zipsnet

Any update here? Anyone?

• #4188443
                                                                                                                                                                                                HC
                                                                                                                                                                                                  @zipsnet

@Lola

That’s absolutely right! we have 50% chances to get our money on Monday and 50% chances we won’t :) , but we should never lose Hope !

• #4188416
                                                                                                                                                                                                  Lola

Filed on Jan.18th excepted 23rd received letter 02/05/17. Dated 02/02.
                                                                                                                                                                                                    Called IRS 03/02 talked with nice lady after 3 calls and 97 minutes later was informed that 50% of people who got letters will receive refunds the week of 03/06. Dont know how reliable this information is. … But sure gave me hope. Good luck to us all.😊 What was strange was IRS lady gave no explanation as to why and after she gave me hope did her best to get me off the phone before I could ask any more questions

• #4188372
                                                                                                                                                                                                    LaurenB

I haven’t posted in a week or so, but I received the letter 4464c on February 6 and it said no action required, but I finally got pissed yesterday and called an advocate and she told me I needed to verify my income….so maybe I forgot it has been awhile for y’all I would call someone….

• #4188237
                                                                                                                                                                                                      Tp

I don’t think anyone is going to receive any good news till the 60 days is up. Hopefully whenever someone does hear something they post on hear to let the rest of us know what the outcome is.

• #4188117
                                                                                                                                                                                                        HC
                                                                                                                                                                                                          @zipsnet

@Tp

I understand that, processing day is probably an estimated day, hopefully we’ll get answers next week.

• #4188109
                                                                                                                                                                                                          Tp

@HC
                                                                                                                                                                                                            Yes the new processing date is March 6th. I don’t think the processing date means anything at all while we’re on review. Once we get code 846 then we’ll finally know they’ve released the refund. I’ve read people in the past who got the same letter and nothing happened with them until the 60 days were up and 2 weeks after that they finally got their ddd. This is frustrating

• #4188053
                                                                                                                                                                                                            HC
                                                                                                                                                                                                              @zipsnet

@Tp

Did you get a new processing date?

• #4187933
                                                                                                                                                                                                              Caramel

Anyone please post that is in the 60 day window as well so others will know if it really takes the whole 60 days!! Thanks in Advance!

• #4187931
                                                                                                                                                                                                                Caramel

@HC oh okay!! Your welcome I ordered my account transcript earlier just to see what it says but it will come in the mail 5-10 business days it said.

• #4187926
                                                                                                                                                                                                                  HC
                                                                                                                                                                                                                    @zipsnet

@Caramel

That sucks ! The account transcript will tell you exactly which code is holding your refund, which most likely is 570 ?!? Ordering will be up to you . Thanks for the info.

-HC

• #4187895
                                                                                                                                                                                                                    Caramel

@HC it was the IRS that said they had to receive my W2’s directly from the employer because my tax professional made an error so they wanted to retrieve them directly from the employer.. My employer already sent them in and I’m still waiting. I tried to retrieve my transcripts via online however I did not have a cell phone in my name so it would not let me get them. It let me order my refund transcript by mail, I did not try to get the account transcript though. I am new to this stuff so I thought if I ordered my refund transcript it would tell me something. I see most people order both. Should I go back and try to order my account tanscript?

• #4187879
                                                                                                                                                                                                                      HC
                                                                                                                                                                                                                        @zipsnet

@Caramel

Are you able to pull your transcripts ? If yes, what codes do you have ?

Did irs tell you they will need the W2 from your employer or was your Tax professional ?

-HC

• #4187863
                                                                                                                                                                                                                        Caramel

@ Denise and @Leslie I received the same stinky letter about the under review and wait 60 days if I do not have my refund to call them. My tax professional did make an error on my return so the irs requested their own W2’s from my employer however I am devastated by the information. I have had some really rude irs representatives and a couple nice ones however none of them gave me any real satisfaction because I have to wait 60 days lol!! Please let me know if you all had the wait of 60 days if you all received your refunds.

• #4187662
                                                                                                                                                                                                                          Tp

I know Illinois started doing a lot of the same verifications as federal last year so I don’t see the state releasing my refund and the federal not ever going to release mine. Of course federal refunds are a lot more but it’s basically the same protocols.

• #4187658
                                                                                                                                                                                                                            Tp

Well Illinois is releasing my refund tomorrow. I just got the update cause that was sitting and doing nothing as well just like federal. It said it was processed for the last 2 weeks but a date would be provided. Maybe this is a sign that my federal will be getting released soon. I’ll be checking Wednesday morning early when they update to see if my bars come back with a ddd. Fingers crossed.

• #4187621
                                                                                                                                                                                                                              Lauren

@TP,
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                They told me I should hear back from someone by Thursday

• #4187564
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                Denise
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  @denise1988

@HC

No, as of today my the date next to my 570 is still 3/06/2017. The IRS rep said that based on the date of my letter, I should call on/after 3/25 if I dont see any progress. Technically my 60 days would be like 4/2, but I’m not gonna argue with an earlier date.

I got the 3/6 date like two updates ago. I thought that meant that I would get a DDD this past Saturday but nothing.

• #4187542
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  HC
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    @zipsnet

@denise1988

So they moved your 570 from 3/6 to 3/25 ? Is it reflected in your transcript as well ?

• #4187535
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    Denise
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      @denise1988

Same here, no change. I’m getting a little annoyed. Filed 1/17, accepted 1/18, 4464C letter dated 2/2, acct/return trans with 570 code 2/18 and that was the last progress I’ve seen. I called today (last call was a few weeks ago) and couldn’t get any information. The gentleman was kind enough to look up my account but gave me the same generic info from the 4464C letter. I asked if there was anything I could send in to speed up the process and he said no. I was told to call back if I hadn’t seen any additional letters or WMR updates by 3/25.

Man, that sucks. I have a simple return, just me and my kiddo (who I have claimed since birth). Only credits I have are the child tax credit and the daycare credit. I always use my tax money to pay for summer school. I’ll pick up extra work and we’ll get by without it, but its sure gonna hurt!

• #4187508
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      HC
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        @zipsnet

@Tp I guess we’re going to have to wait and see ! Gezz, pls keep up updated ! And good luck !

• #4187489
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        Tp

@HC
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          I guess the processing date doesn’t mean anything. Someone else I talked to said theirs just keeps changing so I’m going to check tomorrow again and see if there’s a new processing date.

• #4187487
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          HC
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            @zipsnet

@Tp nope, but I have processing date for 3/6

• #4187481
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            Tp

@HC
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              Nothing updated on mine. Did you see anything change with yours?

• #4187482
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              Tp

@HC
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                Nothing updated on mine. Did you see anything change with yours?

• #4187476
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                HC
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  @zipsnet

@tp did your transcript update today?

• #4187449
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  Tp

@Lauren
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    How long did the tax advocate say it will be before they get back to you?

• #4187437
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    Lauren

I broke down and got an advocate today, just waiting on a call back!! I will keep you guys posted!

• #4186834
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      Why

Has anyone heard anything from a tax advocate about what we should do if our job hasn’t turned in our income information and withholding info?

• #4186607
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        Lola

I am in the same boat… Still hoping IRS
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          will send an update soon. Yhe message says ” week of the 27th ” so try and enjoy your weekend people……without money : (

• #4186595
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          Tp

Also my state refund is done being processed but says a date will be provided to me whenever they’re going to send my refund. Everything is linked together and I guess I’ll be waiting for my state refund as long as my federal. Nothing we can do but to wait out the 60 days and hope they push it thru and don’t ask for us to send them anything

• #4186592
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            Tp

I received the letter feb 2nd and talked to the IRS. They said they haven’t received one of my w2s from my employer so I have to wait to see what happens within the 60 days. On wmr it says we’ve received your refund and it’s being processed. I’ve been able to order both transcripts for a couple weeks now and it says processing date feb 27th and I don’t know what that even means. It looks and sounds like everyone in this boat just has to wait it out and see if they send you another letter asking for anymore info and then we’ll be waiting again after we send whatever they ask for into them. The best thing is to hope for them to just push your return thru after they review it or it’s gonna be a long wait. Even longer than the 60 days

• #4186546
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              Tiara

So I made the mistake of rushing to file my taxes and got a late W2 in the mail. So I wasnt able to add it to my income. Now I have the 4464c form from feb 10th. When I got to irs.com and check my status it cant find my info! I really dont have time to wait 60+ days to get my refund. Would a rax advocate really speed up the process? And is it free?

• #4186250
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                CARMELPOP
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  @carmelnikki

I really hope that it doesnt take 60 days since the tax season just started! What would they be reviewing? smh

• #4186127
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  Katie

I was able to view my account and return transcripts today with cycle code 2017 08 05. I guess that’s progress. I think I’m weekly so hopefully this weekend it will update. Although I’ve heard that wmr may not update if your in review. Just saw that from reading other posts.

• #4185825
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    HC
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      @zipsnet

I’m in the same boat.
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      Filed 1/30
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      Accepted 1/30
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      Letter from IRS dated 2/6/17 (4464c)

Bars disappeared
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      Message “We have received your tax return and it is being processed”.
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      Cycle code 20170705

:(

• #4185325
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      Lauren

Still no update!!

• #4181231
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        Teeny

I received the letter on 2/3 and when you log onto wmr it states no info found. I have no updates or nothing. It’s like I never filed. Mine was accepted on 1/23

• #4180992
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          Lauren

I’m keeping my fingers crossed, I don’t have the new audit message on where’s my refund!!

• #4180346
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            Jamie

My federal was accepted on 1/17, I received the letter on 2/8-but dated 2/2. When I was checking where’s my refund it was directing me to tax topic 1052 (EITC) but now when I check it just reflects we have received your refund and it’s being processed.

I called the IRS and was able to speak to someone and they advised they couldn’t really say what or how long it could be before we would receive our taxes. My letter reflects one or more for the following is the reasons: Income reported, tax withholdings, claims for tax credits or business income. I can only assume it’s for the EITC which hasn’t changed. Praying we don’t have to wait the full 60 days.

How do you see what code you are falling under?

I’m trying to request a transcript as well.

I’m just curious why we were selected.

• #4180099
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              nae

Gabriel
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                Thats exactly like my situation… Hopefully the change in the message means we will update soon

• #4179890
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                Gabriel

Filed & accepted 1/26
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  Bars disappeared 2/15
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  Order return transcript 2/18
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  Cycle code 20170705

• #4179880
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  Gabriel

Filed & accepted 1/26
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    Bars disappeared 2/15
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    Message “We have received your tax return and it is being processed”. 2/18
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    Cycle code 20170705

• #4179377
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    Cherry 76

I really believe they did this letter thing to verify alot of the EIC credits being filed this year. I feel as if it would delay the IRS issuing peoples refunds so they had to find a way allow them more time. Alot of people who received this letter is now ordering their transcripts and is noticing a new date of 2/27. When i received my transcripts on 2/10 I had a 2/20. 2/20 is tomorrow and i still dont have a new update, however i did order a new transcript to see if my codes changed from all 0 to now some codes i can look into. Hopefully we see some movement by next week. Filed 1/23 accepted 1/23 received letter 2/8 ordered transcripts 2/9 updated to path 2/10 updated to still processing 2/16 no update on 2/17. called IRS on 2/18 stated i have to wait 45 days then she said 60 days.

• #4179209
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      Kaitlin

I got my id verify letter on 2/13 called and said it could take up to 9 weeks to see any movement. I was also told it would be a paper check mailed to me. I woke up Thursday to see a mail check date of 2/27. So there’s hope just hang in there! I filed on 1/29.

• #4179038
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        Lauren

I received my second account transcript today, the first one I ordered on Feb 2 had all zeros. I have a 507 code with a 2-27-17 date. I ordered my return transcript last week. I guess I will wait til the 27 for an update.

• #4178873
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          Cherry 76

Filed on 1/23 accepted the same day.
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            Received the 4464C letter on 2/2
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            Was able to order return transcripts on 2/10
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            2/11 received Path message
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            2/16 received we received your taxes being processed.
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            2/18 no update

Called IRS on 2/18 informed I’ll have to wait 60 days before they can even look my returns

I’m frustrated at this point

• #4178543
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            rytrblk

When WMR did not update this morning, I called the IRS. One agent told me that a prior tax year is under review and a letter would go out later this month. She said that the 570 code was due to the PATH act and could update at any time. It did not sound right and the agent was not really giving me any information. The second agent I spoke with said that in addition we were receiving the 4464C letter for the current tax year. She strongly suggested that I contact the Tax Advocate hotline. I contact the hotline and due to the fact that we had documented financial hardship, they agreed to take our case. Due to the holiday, the earliest I would receive a call would be Tuesday; Thursday the latest.

This has happened for the past two years since our income dropped enough to qualify for EIC. Sometimes the refund gets released automatically and some time it required the assistance of an advocate to get my refund deposited or even a date.

In another call, I was told that the hold was normal due to the PATH act and that it could release on its own.

The advocate hotline could not even see the 4464C letter. In other words, get an advocate if you can document a legitimate hardship. They do required documentation but it’s worth the extra steps in order to get actual answers!

• #4178691
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              SonniE

I had filed with H&R on 1/24 (no credits) and it said I was accepted on 1/24 but really was accepted until 1/29. I had received a 4464c letter on 2/7 but it was dated 2/3 and the following 2/11 update, I could finally order transcripts and my bars went away along with the tax topic 152. From my understanding when I called is when “Where’s my refund” status did the update, is when I actually went into review. The 570 in your transcript along with the date beside it should be when the review should fall off. This might not be the case for everyone else since everyone taxes are different. Most of the time if you are getting errors from not being able to order transcripts then all that means is you just need to verify your ID.

• #4178610
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                neicey

I was able to order transcripts yesterday and my messeage changed even tho i have the letter

• #4178581
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  CARMELPOP
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    @carmelnikki

I’m in the same boat .. whatever

• #4178542
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    Lauren

I filed on Jan 21 and was accepted on Jan 23. I was able to order my account transcript on Feb 2. On Feb 7 I received the letter. On February 8 I was able to order my return transcript and on the 9th I updated to the PATH message. I updated to the processing message on Feb 16 and no update on the 18th. I spoke to a rep today and she informed me I just have to wait 60 days.

• #4178521
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      Kelly

It means that for some reason the computer systems couldn’t process your return and it has to be processed by an actual person, which takes time. Just be patient and if there is something that they need from you they will send you another letter letting you know exactly what they need you to send.

• #4178480
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        The_Owl88

I filed 2/6/17 with H&R Block
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          Received an Email from H&R Block on 2/6 that the Refund was accepted by the IRS

Come this morning (2/18/17), I find a 4464C Letter dated 2/14/17

Called the IRS for additional information, only for them to say my refund is being reviewed and I currently do not have a DDD.

Perhaps I jumped the gun as it has not even been 21 days yet, but the possibility of waiting until April for my return alarmed me.

• #4178475
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          Katie

Erin…I filed Jan 25 and received the letter feb 17 yesterday.
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            I can’t order return transcripts. It still says being processed with tax code 152 and how much my return is. I have never had his happen to me before. Any help would be appreciated. I only have one qualifying child and I didn’t get the extra credits or that path message every time is talking about.

• #4178447
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            Katie

No update for me. Says still processing with the same amount of my return.

• #4178353
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              Erin
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                @ncmamato3

I filed on 1/12, accepted on 1/13. I received the 4464C letter at the end of January. I did claim the EITC and ACTC. I have been able to order my account and return transcripts. I received my return, but not my account yet. On WMR, it states that my return has been received and is being processed without any additional codes or anything. My “expected refund” is still there, but no bars or anything else. I’d love to hear from anyone else that may have been through this and what the outcome is/was. I hate the idea of any of this being held up because of something silly. I’ll keep ya posted!!

• #4178022
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                Suzeeh

ANY UPDATES? ANYONE GET THEIR REFUND, YET AFTER HAVING THE 4464C SENT TO THEM? Checked my status this a.m. and says still being processed yet refund amount still there.

• #4177310
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  Katie

Received the same letter today as well. Still processing and topic 152. I had orange bars but disappeared on Monday. Noe just saying processing and the tax topic. This is the first time ever something like this has happened to me. Nothing has changed for my return. Just one qualifying child but no eic or additional credit for my son. I guess it’s wait and see….

• #4176192
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    Ridiculous

Filed 1/21/17
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      Accepted 1/23/17
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      WMR 1 bar tax topic 152
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      4464c letter sent on 2/2/17
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      No bars still being processed
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      2/10/17 Path Act message no refund amount
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      2/15/17 being processed, amount returned, I noticed it said being processed and not still processing
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      Still no ddd

• #4175442
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      Suzeeh

Filed on 1/26, accepted 1/27. Received 4464c letter on 2/9. Able to order return transcript on 2/17. Had one bar until 2/11 and disappeared. Have heard nothing else…hoping that since I can finally order the return transcript, it’s ok and being processed. Have had the same info (job, bank account) for the past 10 years. Last year I had to verify my identity. UGH! Hoping for a DD soon!

• #4168343
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        LaurenB

I got this letter on 2-6, but thisnpasted Friday,2-10 I was able to order both of my transcripts. However, I have the 570 code (hold for additional action) on my account transcript… anyone else?

• #4167805
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          Tracy

Just wondering, i thought there are 2 transcripts, acct and return…also if you can order return, can you be under review?

• #4167250
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            Angie Beydler

My WMR page updated over night to the PATH message finally!!

• #4166921
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              NatNPey05

If I implied that I thought the letters were sent by mistake, that is not what I meant. I thought I was pretty clear that, in my opinion, the letters were sent to keep filers at arms length (due to the late processing of returns this year for those filing with EIC and/or ACTC.) Also, in researching the letter yesterday, I did come across an article that said thousands of these same letters were sent by mistake to filers last year (for the 2015 tax year). So it does/can happen I guess. Everything I have located online so far says that if you can order your RETURN transcript, your return has been processed and the refund is just waiting to be released.

Code 570 is “Additional Account Action Pending” and can be for “Additional Liability Pending/or Credit Hold” – Considering this year the IRS is holding credits due to filers (i.e., refunds) for EIC and ACTC, I would think that Code 570 is probably going to be listed on most, if not every, ACCOUNT Transcript of those who claimed those credits because there is still a pending Credit Hold until 15-27 February. when they release those refunds.

We will just have to wait and see I guess!

Just an FYI for others….

Code 576 is “Refund Held for Review”

Code 595 is ” Tax return referred for review – Referred to Examination”

• #4166633
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                Bill

Just because you can order transcripts does not mean your refund was approved, As i know from experience, keep your hopes high, but there could still be a hold code on your transcript which is 570. They usually dont send those letters out by mistake

• #4166625
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  NatNPey05

GOOD NEWS for PEOPLE WHO RECEIVED the IRS 4464c letter:

I also received this letter. Dated 2/1/17, however, since I have a PO Box I did not pick it up until yesterday (2/9/17).

I called the IRS as soon as I got it and got a REALLY helpful representative, who, even though I was not at the 21 days, researched my return. He told me there were no holds, it was not frozen, nor was it marked for a manuel review. I was somewhat relieved, but still a little bothered that I would receive a letter saying my return was under review and that I may, or may not, receive a refund within 60 days. But at least it was something and I was more at ease then before I made the call.

Fast forward to today (2/10/17) – I thought that I would just check my transcripts to see if they were, by some miracle, available to order/view online and….. THEY WERE! I can now view all of the transcripts for 2016 (Return transcript included)!!! So, my return has been processed and approved, just waiting until the 15th for the release date (or ddd) to be posted to WMR (I had a minimal credit for EIC).

My thoughts are this, that since the IRS is holding EIC and Addntl CTC credit returns until 15 February, they are going to be missing a lot of the 21 day deadlines and so that things are on the “up-and-up” so to say, they sent out these letters so that people wouldn’t start calling or complaining about not receiving their refund within 21 days. What they probably should have done instead is send a letter with the PATH information and not a letter stating the return is being Reviewed and it could be up to 60 days before you see your refund. It also appears that they updated some people via WMR by taking away their bars and putting the PATH message up. My WMR currently still shows 1 Bar with the basic, normal, message I get every year about If you filed a complete and accurate return refund will be issued within 21 days, etc. My WMR page never updated with the PATH information but I received this letter. Maybe filers that were updated on WMR with the PATH message did not get 4464C Letters and those who did not get updated received them? I am not sure. Either way…DO NOT PANIC, keep checking to see if you can order transcripts. Once you can order all four, you are processed and just waiting for them to do the big release between 15 and 27 February! Hope this helps!

Accepted: 1/23/17

Credits: EIC, Education and CTC

WMR status: Showing one bar, generic (normal) message re: 21 day refund window; still can see amount, etc.

4464C Letter: Dated 2/2/17, received 2/9/2017

Transcripts: Was able to order/view online all four, including Return transcript, for the tax year 2016.

• #4164661
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    Shawna

I’ve filed with Turbo Tax since 2010. Pretty simple and I pay for the deluxe version to catch any minor errors.

Married Filing Joint with 3 dependents
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      Do not qualify for EIC or Addt’l Child Credit
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      Itemized Medical, Mortgage, and Vehicle >$1k

Return Accepted on 1/25/17
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      WMR 1 bar and Topic 152 on 1/25/17
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      State Return received 2/1/17
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      Letter from IRS dated 2/3/17-received on 2/7/17

Details:
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      We always file early. 2 changes to this year’s return: we had a baby, thus, added a dependent and we bought a new home. This year, we received letter 4464c. Our return was “selected for a thorough review’ for one or more reason. Wage & Income, credits, etc. No action is required. If we haven’t received our return within 60 days of letter to call back.

As of 2/9/17, WMR has the same status-‘we have received your return and are processing it”. Still have one bar and topic 152 but no updates.

Ive been researching this letter since I got it in the mail. First day, I could only find articles on people from past years. Today, it looks like they are rolling out letters. One thing I find in common is the acceptance date. Most people were accepted on 1/23, 1/25, or 1/27…not fool proof but just one similarity.

It is hard to tell why and how long refunds will take to be issued. There are many unfixed variables (i.e. tax credits, dependents, allowances claimed, income bracket, filing status, etc.) Though the letters do state some of the reasons why we qualified for review, more insight would be great..
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      I’m all for our government protecting us against fraud. But I find it curious, that in order to issue your state refund, they have to (first) receive your w-2 from your employer and cross reference. As I said earlier, we already received our state…

Anybody with experience please feel free to enlighten me with your knowledge. I’ve already educated myself with the IRS website and the Tax Advocacy Group. Seems to be very limited public information. Have to keep in mind when reading other’s posts, their circumstance is likely nothing like mine. Waiting for taxes each year, seems to put everyone on pins and needles.

Happiness is a choice, not a destination.I feel for everyone receiving a notice. I will keep you all posted, please do the same. Good luck!

• #4161927
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      Robert

I received the letter as well! Has anyone heard of someone receiving the letter and receiving their refund ealier than the 60 days. Is this just part of them holding the refunds until late February and advising you with the letter?

• #4161428
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        Leslie

@Bill. Still have bars and my refund amount on WMR. The tax return is the same as every year. No special credits, same dependents…practically the same refund amount.

• #4161409
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          Bill

So you still have your bars?? Thats strange, maybe you were randomly selected

• #4161404
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            Leslie

I filed on 1/23 through TaxAct.
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              Accepted on 1/25
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              Account Transcript available on 2/3 (same date as letter)

• #4161394
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              NiKesha

@leslie when did you file?

• #4161385
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                Jon

Yes it can. It’ll show that status until the review is complete. I would call after 21 days to see what’s going on.

Viewing 164 reply threads
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              • The forum ‘2017 Tax Season’ is closed to new topics and replies.