know who’s anything bout unemployment

Home Forums General Discussion 2020 Tax Season know who’s anything bout unemployment

• This topic has 6 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 3 years ago by ProudFatherOF1.
  • Topic Starter
    ProudFatherOF1

So since my taxes are in hiatus and I been laid off from my job I been trying to file my claim for unemployment but I got a letter last Friday that they denied my benefits smh? I been working since I was 16 and have over 6,XXX.XX in total amount from all my jobs I’ve worked? I called this morning but they was having technical difficulties so I’m going to try again in the morning. My question is even if I’m denied I’m a entitled to receive the money I invested in on? Why I can’t get what I worked hard for? What is the end steps I need to take to support my son and myself?

Viewing 5 reply threads
    • Author
      Replies
        ProudFatherOF1

@Fmhelton that is so true it’ll hit when we least aspect it

Fmhelton

@proudfatherof1
            Thank you for that! My problems are no worse than the next persons, I’m sure your in a tight situation yourself, we are all in this together. I’m praying that we will see some kind of turn around this week with our refunds, everyone applying for unemployment right now has everything backed up for weeks I’m sure. But you are right he will provide, just gotta stop stressing/worrying and give it all to him.

ProudFatherOF1

@Fmhelton I was thinking the same thing like vital feedback from others would be so hopefully especially at this time. I’m so sorry for your situation. Just know Gods got a even bigger blessing for you. Your his child and he will always provide

Fmhelton

According to unemployment office I’m 1 of the ones that wouldn’t qualify for unemployment, since January I’ve been cleaning a few houses and watching kids to have income, had to leave my job in Dec to help take care of my kids grandmother. Alot of ppl have told me that under this new bill that was passed that I would be able to qualify. I think we need a forum like this one where ppl can discuss unemployment ☺️

ProudFatherOF1

@5Piece TY for that info. I’m going to call them this morning and appeal it lord knows ima be on hold for awhile. My friend said he had called them last week and was on hold for 5 hrs smh. So ima make sure my phone is on the charger smh lol

5Piece

Depending the reason they denied you would determine your steps. You can always appeal and its always best to. In most cases it works in your favor. Make sure it’s before the deadline thou. You may get lucky during this time since unemployment supposed to be approved due to circumstances…in Tx anyway.

Viewing 5 reply threads
                • The forum ‘2020 Tax Season’ is closed to new topics and replies.