Issues with California Refund site?!!!

Home Forums General Discussion 2016 Tax Season Issues with California Refund site?!!!

• This topic has 26 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by Jack.
  • Topic Starter
    Heather

Has anyone else been having issues with their Ca State refund? Every time I try to check it’s progress on the website I get the message :

“We are unable to provide your refund status online.

The two most common reasons are:

The refund amount does not match our records. The amount you enter must exactly match the information on your tax return.
      The address and ZIP Code does not match our records. You can view and update your mailing address in MyFTB Account.”

Everything is correct and Turbo Tax says it was accepted the 28th. But it doesn’t show, I had to apply for a pin using my 2014 tax info.

Viewing 25 reply threads
    • Author
      Replies
        Jack

I’m getting the same error message so I finally called in. I was told that anyone claiming of refund over $10,000 would have their return “manually processed. Expect a delay of 8 to 12 weeks.”

Jack

I’ve tried the Where’s My Refund site many times. Always get the same error message. Today I called in and was told that my refund will take 8 to 12 weeks because I’m asking for over $10,000. Feds paid in 3 weeks.

Linda Miller

I e-filed on March 17th. Web site said the refund was approved on March 18th and to wait 10 business days for direct deposit. That was April 1st. Should have been a tip-off.

Then FTB where’s my refund site started saying that it couldn’t find our account with the info provided.

Phone calls don’t go through because as soon as you put in the info, you get disconnected. You don’t even get to wait.

Online chat has a wait of 7 minutes but they can’t access account info and recommend checking online or calling at 7am when phones are less busy!!!!

If they would just deposit our refunds, we would all quit calling or checking. WTH are they doing?

Scott

CA refund finally approved on February 26

E-filed through TurboTax and accepted on January 25.

Hortensia Toledo

I got my federal not my state yet, however I found this website that stated something about the state refund over $1,300 or more to be issued in May 2016. Blah blah…

Please google for state ca refund issues you should see the site it says that on.

Kat

Filed both fed and state on 2/10. Fed accepted 2/10, CA accepte 2/11. Website still giving message about being unable to blah blah blah…this is lame. I know I have an offset (for which I need to amend so they can reimburse me later), so maybe that’s it ?

Alexp

UPDATE: Filled and accepted 1/15
                      Authorized on 2/16
                      Deposited to my account on 2/19

Hope this helps all!

amomslife
                        @amomslife

I sent in my federal and my state tax return on the 19th. The ftb website kept giving me the same message that all of you are getting. Until your refund has been processed it will keep giving you this message. Everyone’s ftb page from the previous years has been deactivated so you can no longer log in until you re- register and wait for a pin ( only took me a week to receive). but if you were able to it would just say refund received. Once your refund has been processed it will tell you what date your refund has been authorized for. Like I said I filled of the 19th and my refund for was barely authorized on the 17th. As for my federal refund u received that on the 10th and 7 days later they authorized my state. everything is just taking longer this year because of all the identity theft last year so it’s taking them longer. Also I know this year California is offering eic credit maybe this is another reason they are taking longer.

Hopes this helps

Nicole

I’m having the same issue. My return was accepted January 24th. Very frustrating!

Erika

Still getting the same error as you all. Filed and accepted 01/22/2016 – so it’s been a long time. Got my federal last week, and still not a peep from California, and they won’t even allow us to check it online. Finally going to have to bite the bullet and call, I guess.

Alexp

Just got an update on the ca refund page that states my refund has been authorized “Tuesday, February 16……please allow 10 business days to receive your refund.

I filed through turbo tax and ca accepted my taxes on 1/15. So I’ve been waiting for quite a long time for an update.

Jay

Getting message when checking my CA refund status:
                                “The refund amount does not match our records. The amount you enter must exactly match the information on your tax return.
                                The address and ZIP Code does not match our records. You can view and update your mailing address in MyFTB Account.”

Tried to sign up for the MyFTB Account and says:
                                “The information you entered does not match our records.”

Seems like everyone is having problems because the website seems to be constantly down. I had this same issue last year but I was able to sign up for an FTB account and found out there was an error in my CA taxes, but that was an isolated issue. This seems to be a widespread issue.

All keep updating your progress, I’ll keep updating my progress the more info I find out.

Francois

Same problem, Accepted on 1/30 Until today, receiving that message “We are unable to provide your refund status online”

Van

Just got my state today site didn’t update for me I just checked my account and saw my money filed 1/30. Hope you guys get yours soon

Scott

E-filed on Jan 25 and accepted the same day. Still getting the same error message. What the hell is going on? I’ve always received my state refund within the 7-10 business days like they say.

Heidi

Mine STILL has that same error message as well and I also filed and was accepted on January 28th! I’ve already received my federal tax return and that has never happened before. Usually state is very quick, so I am unsure what the hold up is. Most of my friends have gotten theirs within days of filing. :-(

Erika

We filed and were accepted 1/22 and still getting that same Error for California. I am so glad to see that we aren’t the only ones. I saw a lot of people post that they had already got theirs. Hopefully there will be a resolution soon.

So, no one has got a clear answer when they call – except that it could take 12 weeks?

AlexP

Accepted 1/15 still no ddd. Still get the “unable to provide a status….” Speil

Aktivity

Filed 1/30 ftb didnt show nothing until feb 3rd. says it was authorized on feb 2nd tho. just got it on feb 8th 6am our time. they took they fees outta that one left me with chump change. fed hittin on weds tho

JL1912

I was having the same issue, but it’s since been resolved. TurboTax was saying that CA accepted my state on 1/24, but i hadn’t been able to access anything through their site. Finally, I checked it on 2/8 through the CA website and it says it was approved on 2/6 and I should receive it within 10 business days. In short, it doesn’t matter when CA accepted it, you won’t be able to access any information until is approved, which can be in excess of 10 days.

amomslife
                                                  @amomslife

Sorry for spelling in previous post stupid keyboard on tablet and auto fill

amomslife
                                                    @amomslife

so I have been patiently waiting for an approval from California state for my refund. After numerous of phone calls and online chat sessions with Ftb I finally got a rep to tell me what’s going on. In was told that even though they us process defile returns in 7-10 days some of us are going to have to wait up to 12 weeks for our returns to process. There are numerous of reasons why but when a rep looks up your account they cannot see exactly what is holding up your return. I was originally told 7-10 business days and then I was told last week if I didn’t have it by Friday to call them when Friday came and I didn’t receive anything I gave them another call and found out about it can take up to 12 weeks. I was told don’t count on it being approved this week either. Even though it can take 12 weeks it can be processed anytime before then. I did register for my pin for ftb and received it in a week. When I logged in I was able to see my return was received but that’s it, it will just list my previous returns for the last few years. I normally am processed in 2-3 days but in 2008 I received my return March 11th every year other than 2008 and this year I have received it early I wonder what this is all about. I do know that California is offering eic for the state this year maybe this has something to do with it or they are looking very closely at returns this year for fraud and identity theft

Dee in L.A.

I have the same issue and it’s really frustrating. My husband was approved on Jan 30 but no DD in his bank account as of yet. I read on Igotmyrefund Facebook page that other people had made comments about speaking to someone at California tax board and being told a lot of people are under review this year . I just about gave up on my state already. Also the California refund website went from saying you should receive your Refund in your bank account in 7-10 business days to now saying you should receive your Refund in 10 business days.

Mmurphy

I have the same issue with no answers.

Scott

Same here. E-filed with TurboTax and accepted on Jan 25. Still nothing! I get the same error message as you.

Van

Thought I was the only one with that issue.
                                                            Still nothing and still waiting…
                                                            1/30 filer

Viewing 25 reply threads
                                                        • The forum ‘2016 Tax Season’ is closed to new topics and replies.