IRS not accepting calls?

Home Forums General Discussion 2020 Tax Season IRS not accepting calls?

• Topic Starter
    Meagan

Is anyone else having problems getting through to the IRS today? No matter what method I use I get a technical difficulties message that hangs up on me.

Viewing 7 reply threads
    • Author
      Replies
        thicks
          @thicks

@Cheyenne Bassett: They are, too, processing refunds.

https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/irs-operations-during-covid-19-mission-critical-functions-continue

*”Although we are curtailing some operations during this period, the IRS is continuing with mission-critical functions to support the nation, and that includes accepting tax returns and sending refunds.”*

Cheyenne Bassett

I have the same problem I filed 1/5/20 refund was approved sent and apparently returned as undeliverable even though I used the same address as my license. Been trying to rectify the problem. As I understand it only the irs employees that have to collect money are essential. They aren’t processing refunds or providing help at this time due to covid-19. If you find a way to get help please let me know.

Momof4

I’ve called several different times over the last couple of days and receive the same auto message they’re not taking calls. I even left a message at an taxpayer adovacate office and no one has called.

Meka

This is Horrible! Their recording has been coming on for about 2 weeks!
                My return has been processing for 2 months!! I processed it electronically..
                I spoke to someone a Month ago..
                Their is a error on it but not even a Supervisor could see the error or the whenever they feel like sending the letter that should be on my account.
                So Annoying!!

Jennifer

Me too

thicks
                    @thicks

@GoFigure, in Jesus’s name may they soon provide you with a DDD of no later than 4/1.

GoFigure

They are working at half staff now but they are not closed. Some are able to work from home some do not and are at the facility. Found out mine is being processed in Ogden, UT today when I called my TA on his direct line (he answered after two rings). I called to make sure he received my documents and he went into my account and said yes that he was sending to Ogden within the hour for finalization.

Netherdragon
                        @netherdragon

Good portion of the IRS is closed down due to corona so that might account for that.

Viewing 7 reply threads
                    • The forum ‘2020 Tax Season’ is closed to new topics and replies.