IRS Letter 6419

Home Forums General Discussion 2022 Tax Season IRS Letter 6419

• This topic has 4 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 2 years ago by Oh,thereyouare.
  • Topic Starter
    Jeremy

I just got my 6419 in the mail today. I also received one for my wife(married 2021). In her letter it says that she received $900 in AdvCTC, but she never received it. We have been trying all day to create her an ID.me account so we can log in and see what happened but the video verification keeps going from 3 hours, down to 1 hour and then back to 3 hours. Anyone have any idea why or how she would have received $900 in AdvCTC? I claimed her as a dependent on my 2020 taxes, as we were not yet married and I also claimed her daughter but did not receive any AdvCTC for her daughter because she was not related to me. The info on my 6419 is correct, $3000 for 2 children ages 12 and 14. Her daughter is 2 as of December 31,2020.

My huge problem is that I already filed my 2021 tax return based on the information in my IRS account. So now I may have to file an amended return. I am super confused and freaking out a bit.

Viewing 3 reply threads
    • Author
      Replies
        Oh,thereyouare

@Missy we all recieved it. Information was 100% accurate. Even If inaccurate, one should know, or, at the very least have access to correct information by checking bank account/ statement.

Oh,thereyouare

You*

Oh,thereyouare

I shouldn’t have filed w incorrect information. Maybe tried contacting irs or tax advocate first. Or simply selecting (if option was available), that you received 0 when prompted to enter CTC info. Now, your refund will be short. If you amend before receiving refund, it will be a longer journey for your family, I’m afraid.

Good luck!

Missy

Why we have not received this letter yet

Viewing 3 reply threads
            • The forum ‘2022 Tax Season’ is closed to new topics and replies.