IP pin & ID verify

Home Forums General Discussion 2018 Tax Season IP pin & ID verify

• This topic has 11 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by Kim.
  • Topic Starter
    Kelly
      @kelly2016

Since the IRS sends me an IP PIN every year for 4 years, would they still require me to ID verify?

Viewing 10 reply threads
    • Author
      Replies
        Kim

I’m a weekly. Filed 1/19, accepted 1/22. Had 1 bar in wmr until update on Saturday the 10th when wmr updated and bars are now gone but refund amount, tax topic 152, still there. I used my ip pin so I don’t know if I’ll need to I’D verify.
          I’m hoping for dd this week.
          Thoughts??

Geishadoll_39

Just a quick line or two about my progress this year…

Filed on 1/29 with IP pin
            Not sure if I was accepted on 1/29 or 1/30 but when I checked wmr on 1/30 it said accepted.
            By Saturday morning I updated to the PATH message with no refund amount and TT 152
            Checked wmr today and no change.
            So I’m waiting now like everyone else…
            Good Luck!😍

kia
              @shakiah

That only happen to me. When I used the Replacement ip pin in 2015.

Kelly
                @kelly2016

I’m also weekly and my wmr updated to that message on Tuesday. I don’t usually update until Saturday. Don’t know if that means anything.

Kelly
                  @kelly2016

I have used the IP pin for 4 years without issue, since someone filed a tax return using my name. But my bars disappeared and I have the “a refund date will be given once available” message. A lot of people are saying this means I have to ID verify but I figured since I use the IP pin that I shouldn’t have to ID verify. Thanks for the input everyone.

kia
                    @shakiah

@Geishadoll_39 you are welcome I’ve been using the IP pin since 2014 in 2015 I moved and I had to use a replacement IP pin because I didn’t receive the original in the mail it took me a extra 6 to 8 weeks never use the replacement IP pin

Geishadoll_39

@kia. ….than you…I was just a little worried😊

kia
                        @shakiah

I used ip pin u will be ok regular processing time just don’t ever use replacement ip pin that shit take a extra 6 to 8 weeks

Geishadoll_39

@ohambs. ….thank you so much for that input…I have seen so many horror stories about IP pins ..the I.R.S. gave me one because of some identity issue that I knew nothing about…but once again thank you.

ohambs
                            @ohambs

I filed the last 2 years with an ID pin and had not issues. It did make me a weekly.

Geishadoll_39

@Kelly….I have an IP pin now and im worried because this is the first year I have used one. But I don’t think you would have to if you’ve never had to before…but with the I.R.S. you never know.

Viewing 10 reply threads
                          • The forum ‘2018 Tax Season’ is closed to new topics and replies.