Injured spouse

Home Forums General Discussion 2019 Tax Season Injured spouse

• This topic has 3 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by Shaun.
  • Topic Starter
    Justin

Sent in injured spouse after taxes were filed and approved but offset for doe. Sent in Feb 8 but irs says they got it March 4. Has anyone else gotten any info? I called and they just say processing and to wait 8 weeks even though it’s been longer since mailed!

Viewing 2 reply threads
    • Author
      Replies
        Shaun

So mailed injured spouce on 1/24 and did USPS tracking it was received on 1/26. Called and was told they can take 3 weeks to process mail. It got entered on 2/26 took a month to enter into there system. Called today and was told that tomorrow will be 45 days and at this point that it is still waiting to he assigned to a IRS agent. So tomorrow will be 4/12 and still no one has worked on this. The agent I spoke to said that its assigned to a IRS campus but hasn’t gotten to a agent he sent a message for them to look and said call back tomorrow and after its assigned it can take 30 more days depending if there is more info if they need it. So if your past 45 days I would recommend calling this is a joke

Derrick Ray
            @banner1124

I’m pretty much in the same boat… sent in injured spouse after e-filing because refund was offset. mailed in in the very first week of Feb, transcript says received 2/19, and not a single update since… it’s very frustrating

Stacy

Found out today they applied our refund to my husband’s school loans. He has been disabled for years before we married in 2016 and he thought his loans were forgiven. I earn all our income besides his SSI, which is less than an eight of our total income. What are the chances I’ll get my full refund? I’m devastated!!

Viewing 2 reply threads
          • The forum ‘2019 Tax Season’ is closed to new topics and replies.