ID Verify In Office

Home Forums General Discussion 2018 Tax Season ID Verify In Office

• This topic has 2 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 6 years ago by Rebecca.
  • Topic Starter
    Stephanie

So I called today to make an appointment because for whatever reason I’m not getting the 4883c letter that has now been mailed to me 3 times and I haven’t gotten it.

For those who have been in the office to verify their identity what all did you take with you?

Viewing 1 reply thread
    • Author
      Replies
        Rebecca

I’m looking if there’s any update? I have been told my letter was sent 2 times now over the last 2 months and still no letter. I’ve even gone as far as to signup informed delivery for my mail. We have a local irs so I wanted to know if anyone has just walked in no letter and no appt and successfully verified identity

Kellie Sue

I just got back from IRS with my 4883C letter. She took my Drivers License and passport and my 2017 return. She punches info into computer and then asked if I had proof of bank account return was being deposited, i showed her my check book. That was it, of course she told me it could take up to 9 weeks to see my deposit and I could watch for updates on where’s my refund. Very easy process, took 10 minutes total.

Viewing 1 reply thread
        • The forum ‘2018 Tax Season’ is closed to new topics and replies.