Has this ever happened to anyone!?

Home Forums General Discussion 2017 Tax Season Has this ever happened to anyone!?

• Topic Starter
    Lovelynicli

So I filed 1/23 and I talked to an IRS lady on 2/23 and she told me I was pulled for review and that a letter was sent out 2/01 BUT I never received the letter. She told me since I didn’t get it keep checking everyday and going on wmr all the way til 3/14 and to call if I haven’t got my refund or a letter. I finally called yesterday 3/15 and told the other lady it’s been over 45days so she told me there was no red flags or wrong info on my taxes simply was randomly chosen for a review. She put in a referral and said that i should receive a call within the next 60days but it shouldn’t take that long since the tax season is almost over. Anyone ever have this?? It’s every DEPRESSING! I need that money bad

Viewing 2 reply threads
    • Author
      Replies
        scott
          @soccerscotty21

Yeah i’m in the same situation now. Filed 1/23 on taxact. I claimed child and education credits. No progress, called in Feb and was told no problems on my end but that it was just being held and to call back in 4 weeks. So i’m calling back this week and hoping for better news. Can’t order transcripts, WMR says still processing.

Robert

I am in the same situation. I filed 1/23 got 4464C letter dated Feb. 2. Ive called after the 21 days and was told there was no action needed on my part just wait the 60 days. After checking ever update, I finally got tired and called the Tax advocate line on 3/10. 2 hours and 15 minutes later I was set up with an advocate and I faxed them w2 information. I was told they would expedite the return. I am still waiting. I did notice the change in wording though, today on the wmr It went from “we have received your return and it is “still” being processed to “it is being processed”. From what I gather, means that they are manually processing my return. I was told my the advocate that they would call me in a week with an update. They were very nice and seemed to really want to resolve the issue. Hopefully, I will see something on Saturdays update. *fingers crossed*

Scotty

I have a similar situation I filed 1/21 my return was accepted 1/23 when the tax season began I had one bar and tax topic 152 all the way up until 2/11 then my bars disappeared with a generic message saying your tax return is still being processed and a refund date will be provided when available I called IRS Monday 2/13 cause it’s been my 21 days already and still no refund I didn’t get very much information from them because apparently the information I’m giving them doesn’t match their records same thing happens when I try to order my return and account transcripts the information you provided doesn’t match our records I don’t understand what’s going on I’m entering everything exactly the way it is on my tax return till this day 3/16 I still have your tax return is still being processed no special codes or numbers to dial when I check wmr all my info and refund amount is still there ive heard that if your under review it could take another 6 to 8 weeks to process your return so I don’t know with the tax season being almost over but I’ve scheduled appointment for today at my local IRS to see what’s going on so I will update after that

Viewing 2 reply threads
          • The forum ‘2017 Tax Season’ is closed to new topics and replies.