has anyone had a bankruptcy hold??

Home Forums General Discussion 2017 Tax Season has anyone had a bankruptcy hold??

• This topic has 2 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 7 years ago by jay.
  • Topic Starter
    jay

so we filed for bankruptcy in 2015 we then had our 2016 taxes held they took out there portion we no longer owe money to the trustee we thought our ordeal was in the past ..well we filed on 2/3 accepted 2/4 got the message stating to wait after the 2/15 on 2/16 went back to prossesing still stating that on the 2/20 I called irs they told me to call the bankruptcy number to figure out whats going on I called and waited on the phone for 2 hrs to find out they have a hold on my taxes that shouldn’t be there they removed the hold 2 weeks ago and still nothing..has anyone had this happen this year or in previous years?? and how long did it take after the hold was removed to receive ur taxes??

Viewing 1 reply thread
    • Author
      Replies
        jay

it was the trustee from the previous year..i guess they seen the hold from last year and threw it in the bankruptcy department I called my old lawyer and the trustee both say I owe nothing they are in the process of removing the hold

Tsargeano

I never heard of that happening, who is trying to take your refund? A lender or the actual IRS?

Viewing 1 reply thread
        • The forum ‘2017 Tax Season’ is closed to new topics and replies.